“Stylish and comfortable but don't drive a tall vehicle”

SpringHill Suites Bloomington
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable bed, big tv channel section, nice adjustable reading lights on bed. Quiet for being in downtown area.

Room had area for working that was separated from bed area with sliding frosted glass. The sofa was big enough for an adult to sleep. Exercise room had two Treadmills, elliptical, weights and small lap pool.

Big variety free breakfast. Eggs, bacon, pastries, fruit, oatmeal and more. Lobby had xbox games and some board games.

Garage has 8'2" clearance but then drops to 6'9" or 7'2" within about 100 feet. Don't bring a tall vehicle ! $7 a day with in and out privileges,

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Leslie C
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you noticed many aspects including the comfortable bed, quiet building, extensive breakfast, and extra touches like our XBOX 1. You bring up an excellent point regarding our garage- we are the only hotel downtown to have our own private, secure underground garage, but due to this fact it does have a low clearance. We, of course, welcome all guests however and have many other parking arrangements. If a guest is bringing a particularly large vehicle, we always invite them to contact our Sales Coordinator who can actually reserve them a private parking area from the City of Bloomington. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our third time at this new property! What a welcome change to Bloomington! The property itself has a great location and very clean but the absolute BEST part of this property is the staff! They try very hard at this hotel to make everything perfect which is not always easy with kids in a college town. Highly recommend and hope to see you all again very soon! The Slone Family!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Slone_rangers1234
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review on TripAdvisor, Slone Family!! My heart has been absolutely WARMED by reading it! I sincerely appreciate your having noticed our genuine care of our guests, and believe that such care will continue to drive our success in Bloomington. I especially appreciate this review because you have stayed with us several times including IU Graduation, so we have certainly had time to make an impression! I look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Bloomington!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

It's a great, new hotel that I highly recommend but the hotel rooms have a design flaw which make the bathroom awkward. Specifically, they went with an oriental style, sliding door to the bathroom which does not seal and which does not have a lock. So, if you are by yourself or with someone you are very comfortable with, it's great, but it could make for awkward situations otherwise. The bathroom is big enough for them to build a separate wall/door for the toilet which would solve everything but as constructed it is a really bad design. Ignoring that, the rooms are fantastic and the hotel is great. On the date of my stay (8/2/14) they were having a problem with the cleaning staff as the desk was dirty and one of the two glasses they provide was already used. That was probably a fluke and I would definitely stay there again and do recommend it. The location is fantastic - just two or three blocks to the central square with tons of restaurant and bar options.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites on your recent trip to Bloomington. I am so glad that you enjoyed your suite and location. Simultaneously, I would like to apologize for any frustrations with the design of your suite. We graciously welcome any feedback as it only helps our continuous improvement. I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Bloomington!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is in a good location, walkable to restaurants and Indiana University campus. The staff people were all very friendly, the rooms new and clean. Sitting area in the room provides a nice bit of extra space. Great on-site amenities, small fitness room, laundry, very small pool, bar, tiny store with necessities etc. And breakfast was included. I would definitely stay here again. Small design issue in my opinion is the opaque glass insert in the bathroom door in the room--light coming through can disturb those sleeping in the beds just outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you enjoyed our myriad of amenities, and hope that we can welcome you back to Bloomington on your next trip!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Springhill Suites in Bloomington made visiting IU with a prospective student perfect. The location was great putting us in walking distance to a wide variety of dining options and local hangouts. The hotel has a convenient lower level parking garage. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The IU student at the front desk helped us get our bearings and suggested restaurants for dinner. She even answered a few questions about the school for us. The room was clean, beds comfortable, good lighting, good water pressure and nice desk/sitting area with free wifi. Breakfast was included however we did not have time to stop by. If in Bloomington again, Springhill will be our first choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014

I am absolutely thrilled to read your review of our new hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed our suites, location, and most importantly, our staff service. Our associates genuinely care about our guests and I'm glad that this made an impact on your stay. Please visit us on your next trip to Bloomington!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our suite was absolutely wonderful, and incredibly clean. The staff was super friendly, and helpful. Breakfast was included, and was much better than most "included breakfasts" we have experienced while traveling. It was a bit pricy for me, but no more pricy than other comparable hotels in Bloomington. The bathroom had a wonderful shower, and the lighted mirror was nice. It may seem small, but there was an automatic night light that came on in the bathroom when the lights were turned off...wonderful!
My only problem? It would be nice if they told you when you checked in to keep a room key...so that you can exit the garage. Our paid bill was delivered under the door, so we left thinking all was good...and had to go back to get a duplicate to get out of the garage. LOL The garage parking is also not included in the cost of the room. :/

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Bloomington on your recent trip into town! I am so happy that you enjoyed our suites and our breakfast service. I agree- the automatic nightlight is handy when the lights are off! I apologize for any miscommunication regarding the parking garage. If this ever happens again, please feel free to press the call button so the desk can let you out manually! I hope to host you again in Bloomington!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I didn't remember this hotel when I went to IU, but that was because it is only 4 months old (as of July 2014). It is closer into town & the campus (Kirkwood) than the hotels that are right off the highway, but you are so close to campus and restaurants which is really nice.
When I checked in, the lady at the desk was very nice. She wanted to make sure I was not on a first floor room and let me pick which floor I was going to stay on. She told me a little about the the history (what was there before...a parking lot, etc.).
The room was great...very clean and crisp. I stayed in a studio. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet.
The next morning I went to the breakfast. It is a huge room and had a lot to choose from. There were a lot of families, which surprised me because it was so quiet.
They had several people working the front desk so there was no waiting to check out which was appreciative.
The ONLY drawback and I hate to even mention this because compared to other cities, it was nothing, but I don't like paying for parking. Increase the room rate if you want, but in Bloomington, I shouldn't have to pay for parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 2CKGkids

Firstly, you are very correct in that we are new to the Bloomington landscape. I hope your visit back was absolutely spectacular! I'm so glad to read that your stay was quiet, your breakfast was delicious, and your service was personalized. I apologize for any frustrations caused by parking- you are completely correct, though, that hotels have such fees in order to avoid raising room rates. This ensures that guests are not charged for many amenities that they do not utilize. Our nightly charge in our underground secure garage sure does beat the $1.00/hour meters outside however! I hope that you will come back to visit Bloomington and IU again. We would love to host you.