“Ultra friendly staff, clean, great location!”

Holiday Inn Express Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Long weekend stay, very clean room. Refrigerator, microwave, sink, clean bathroom. Slight smoking odor in non smoking room was a bit of an inconvenience. Would stay here again. Breakfast was tasty and the hours were convenient. I enjoyed the fitness room and quick checkout was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank canter2u
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments, and for sharing your recent experience at our hotel with others. We were very pleased to see how much you enjoyed the free hot breakfast in the morning, the comfortable clean accommodations as well as the friendly service that you received. We hope to be your hotel of choice in the area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bloomington

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a great value hotel. The lobby was very clean, professional, and up-to-date. We got a room that had a jacuzzi in it, and this was a great decision. The jacuzzi was very large and relaxing. Bath room was clean and well maintained. TV was nice and the cable reception quality was perfect. Breakfast was very good. It had a typical range of breakfast food. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your glowing recommendation of our Holiday Inn Express in Bloomington, we sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience there with others. We were very happy to see how much you enjoyed the Jacuzzi suite, the breakfast in the morning as well as the service that you received. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

As a parent of an IU Senior, I felt compelled to write this review in order to help out future parents. When we first visited Bloomington I was shocked at the rates that Bloomington hotels charge when there is anything going on, such as Parents' Weekend, Little 500 weekend, and graduation weekend - 2 to 3 times what they charge for a normal weekend. Many of them require a 2 or 3 night minimum, and they are full up to a year in advance.

We have stayed in several different hotels over the years while visiting our son, and this hotel has become our favorite for several reasons.

LOCATION - Although not on campus like some of the others, it's very easy to get to, and has ample parking. And there are occasions (Little 500 to be sure) when being on campus is not a benefit.

VALUE - Although expensive during certain times of the year, it still has proven to be cheaper than some of the other hotels. When we've been there at off times, it was very reasonable. Unlike some of the other hotels, we've only had to make non-refundable reservations once - for the upcoming graduation weekend. And although there's not a full sit down breakfast, the buffet they have is included, and is very good.

ROOMS - The rooms are very nice and big. Even with two queens and a sofa sleeper, there is plenty of space and we never feel crowded. I especially like that there is a refrigerator and small bar in the room. The housekeepers seem to do a pretty good job, but it could be better. I'm kind of a clean freak though, so I tend to be tough on that issue.

SERVICE - The staff are very kind and helpful. They have gone out of their way several times for us and that means a lot to me. When I've called, they're always extremely courteous and do whatever they can to help out. They've even called me to see if I need anything when I've had a late arrival.

Overall, I would say this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beachlover1989
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty to our hotel as your child attended Indiana University- Congratulations to you and your family on the graduation!!! We were very pleased to see your comments, and to know that you have enjoyed the accommodations as well as the service that you have received over the last 4 years. We hope that should you travel to the area in the future, you will continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having stayed in many HI Express hotels over the years, I can say, with no reservations, that the Bloomington facility, conveniently located just off the Highway 37 ByPass, is one of the best of a chain that maintains pretty high standards. The staff is friendly and professional; the property is clean and well-maintained, inside and out; the rooms are spacious and well furnished; and the dining area is truly exceptional with its warm furnishings and high ceiling. Restaurants are within walking distance and downtown and the Indiana University campus us but an easy 5 to 10 minute drive. The breakfast is as good or better than any you'll find at an HI Express, on the occasions I was a guest, very decent light meals are served complimentary on week nights, including wine and beer. I was really stunned to see Stella Artois in the ice bucket !! Enjoy the great IH Express bedding !! Be sure to say hi to Linda, the night auditor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your glowing comments of our hotel after your recent stay with us. We were so pleased to see how much you enjoy the accommodations, the free breakfast and Manager's Reception, as well as the customer service that you received. We look forward to your next visit.

Owner/ Revenue Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is one of the nicest and cleanest hotels that I have stayed in. I would recommend it to anybody. Some people have called me a "hotel snob" because I am picky about where I stay. This gets the "thumbs up" from me. They keep it so nice and clean that it feels like it is brand new. The breakfast is great and the coffee is good too! Top Notch hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments, we sincerely appreciate you sharing your recent experience at our hotel with others.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the area.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I usually stay at HIE and this one stands out. They have a nice managers mingle at night with free food and drinks. Plus they refunded me a night since I ended up leaving early even though I prepaid. This hotel is right by the highway and only 5 min drive from downtown Bloomington. Will stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we were pleased to see how much you enjoyed our hotel location, the accommodations as well as the complimentary Manager's Reception in the evenings. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

When I travel, I don't intend to spend all that much time in my hotel room. It should be a relaxing space to come back to at the end of the day where you can get a good night sleep and recharge. That is exactly what I got out of this hotel. The staff was friendly and inviting the second we walked in the door. The hotel itself looks newly decorated, was incredibly clean, had a FABULOUS shower (seriously, I would stay there again just for the shower), and comfortable beds. The walls were thick enough that I didn't hear traffic or other guests. The free internet was fast, and the complimentary breakfast was good. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and will definitely recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in Bloomington!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay, from the service that you received to the shower that you enjoyed after a long day. We thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel with others, and look forward to your next visit.