“Great Value - Breakfast and Dinner Included”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
North Texas
“Great Value - Breakfast and Dinner Included”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

It's not as close to IU as other hotels, but nothing is very far in a small town. The rooms were very nice and spacious and a very good breakfast AND dinner is included. It was nice to get back to the hotel in the evening and have dinner waiting. Big pool and hot tub along with a modest size fitness room. AC was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Cary, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Hotel was nice and clean. Rooms are a little small, but nice and clean.

Hotel was nice and quiet. Kids enjoyed the pool.

Nice breakfast in morning that is complimentary. If back in Bloomington, Indiana again - would stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

A nice clean hotel, staff were very attentive, break fast was good, facilities on site were great, a little pricey but would definitely stay here again.
Had a minor issue with noisy guests above us ( not the hotels fault ) but spoke to reception and it was sorted out so a definate positive for the hotel staff.

• Stayed August 2011
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was one of the worst Hilton brand experiences. From the completely rude and unwelcoming front desk clerk (Chad I believe) to the breakfast host who managed to share his disgusting cold virus with me by hacking all over the breakfast. When I questioned the fact that the front lobby door was not locked at 11 pm (sign posted said 10 pm) the front desk clerk (same guy as at check in) simply sneered "whatever dude" at me and even went so far as to diss me by saying it was not his problem as he was about to go off shift. Who the hell employs such losers to represent your brand? The manager was completely clueless and insincere in his apology. Next day my room was not made because I had had a "do not disturb" sign on my door till 1.30 pm and when I returned from my meetings at 5 Housekeeping had simply plopped a bag of towels outside the door and not bothered to make the bed or clean the garbage etc. Then to make matters worse somebody tripped the fire alarm as I was in the shower and when I managed to get out of the building I over heard the front desk girl saying she had no idea how to turn it off as it was a false alarm. What complete losers- so sad as there is a Marriott property on the other side of the freeway that I am sure is better run. Oh btw, the freight train runs through the night and it is very loud!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

This was the best hotel myself and kids have ever stayed in! The staff was AMAZING! and super nice and helpful in any way we needed them! I was staying at the hotel for a week and a half with two children, and had a pleasant stay! The breakfast was great as so was the dinner! the food prep employees were very nice! The room was gorgeous and we loved it! Super clean! Everything sparked clean and was new! Needed a DVD player and the front desk guy got one and even hooked it up for us! I would def tell family and friends even strangers to stay here! Sets right off the highway and is a close shot to a lot of places to dine and shop! :) Will for sure stay anytime!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

I tried so hard NOT to stay here because it isn't super close to IU as compared with many other hotels. But most were sold out or only had king beds (I needed 2 beds) for the weekend of my stay. Once I arrived, I was so glad that this was my choice. The entire property is super clean, nicely appointed, beds and pillows fantastic, showers, towels... perfect.

The breakfast was above average with a choice of hot and cold items. I would recommend they add a 2nd waffle maker on days of high occupancy. I experienced a long line for the waffle maker.

The only disappointments:
1) the computer in the business center is slow!!!
2) the front desk and housekeeping staff were not particularly helpful or friendly.
3) the closest place to eat is a Steak and Shake about 4/10 of a mile.

The driving distance to IU and surrounding college community is maybe about 5-10 minutes away. I thought it was worth the drive.

If I return to the area again, this will definitely be my 1st choice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Spanish Fork, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Nicely appointed, clean, current, great shower (always a plus). I selected a feather pillow online, and sure enough it was on my bed when I arrived. Speaking of the bed, I had a great night's sleep. I definitely recommend this hotel. Even breakfast was great.

• Stayed January 2011