“Excellent lodging.”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Chicago, IL
“Excellent lodging.”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband, son and I stayed at the Homewood for two nights while at I.U. for a senior year college visit. It's a bit off the beaten path (and note: GPS users, neither it nor the street it's on was on our Lexus' GPS), but as another reviewer noted, nothing is very far away in Bloomington, IN. It's about 10 minutes from campus and in the vicinity of some big box stores. The suites are very nicely done, well laid out, with a full kitchen and.... the coolest thing: attached to the outside of the fridge door, is an empty shopping list for you to jot down any food/items you need for your stay. The staff will go out and get them for you! That's service! We didn't need anything so didn't test it but it made me think they'd thought of everything. Hotel seemed very recently built, very clean and done in a modern but not "cold" decor. Flat screen in the bedroom and in the living room area. Beds comfy enough. My ONLY complaint (and this will be more important to some travellers than others), was with the iron. I needed to iron a blouse I'd brought with me for a business dinner. The iron in the room was a very inexpensive kind that almost ruined my blouse. That's not a huge deal to most people but was a bit frustrating for me. We didn't have time to use any of the pool/fitness facilities. Anyway, I would highly recommend the Homewood Suites...and if our son ends up going to I.U. next year, we'll probably be there a lot!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed here as my daughter got ready to move into her apartment near IU. The hotel is on the west side of town and the apartment is on the east, but it is close to many of the big box stores that are so helpful for furnishing a new place. The suites are slightly smaller than other Homewood Suites I have stayed in, but they are still good sized. The room was immaculate. The bed was great, as was the shower. The hot continental breakfast included eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and french toast, in addition to the usual bagels, muffins, and cereal. One nice surprise was the evening reception, which could easily be turned into dinner. The night we arrived there was chicken cordon bleu, wild rice, and salad. Wine, beer, soft drinks, and coffee were available. Staff were helpful and friendly. We will stay there again when we need the space of a suite.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ispahan1
North Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2011

It's not as close to IU as other hotels, but nothing is very far in a small town. The rooms were very nice and spacious and a very good breakfast AND dinner is included. It was nice to get back to the hotel in the evening and have dinner waiting. Big pool and hot tub along with a modest size fitness room. AC was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Cary, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Hotel was nice and clean. Rooms are a little small, but nice and clean.

Hotel was nice and quiet. Kids enjoyed the pool.

Nice breakfast in morning that is complimentary. If back in Bloomington, Indiana again - would stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

A nice clean hotel, staff were very attentive, break fast was good, facilities on site were great, a little pricey but would definitely stay here again.
Had a minor issue with noisy guests above us ( not the hotels fault ) but spoke to reception and it was sorted out so a definate positive for the hotel staff.

• Stayed August 2011
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was one of the worst Hilton brand experiences. From the completely rude and unwelcoming front desk clerk (Chad I believe) to the breakfast host who managed to share his disgusting cold virus with me by hacking all over the breakfast. When I questioned the fact that the front lobby door was not locked at 11 pm (sign posted said 10 pm) the front desk clerk (same guy as at check in) simply sneered "whatever dude" at me and even went so far as to diss me by saying it was not his problem as he was about to go off shift. Who the hell employs such losers to represent your brand? The manager was completely clueless and insincere in his apology. Next day my room was not made because I had had a "do not disturb" sign on my door till 1.30 pm and when I returned from my meetings at 5 Housekeeping had simply plopped a bag of towels outside the door and not bothered to make the bed or clean the garbage etc. Then to make matters worse somebody tripped the fire alarm as I was in the shower and when I managed to get out of the building I over heard the front desk girl saying she had no idea how to turn it off as it was a false alarm. What complete losers- so sad as there is a Marriott property on the other side of the freeway that I am sure is better run. Oh btw, the freight train runs through the night and it is very loud!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2011

This was the best hotel myself and kids have ever stayed in! The staff was AMAZING! and super nice and helpful in any way we needed them! I was staying at the hotel for a week and a half with two children, and had a pleasant stay! The breakfast was great as so was the dinner! the food prep employees were very nice! The room was gorgeous and we loved it! Super clean! Everything sparked clean and was new! Needed a DVD player and the front desk guy got one and even hooked it up for us! I would def tell family and friends even strangers to stay here! Sets right off the highway and is a close shot to a lot of places to dine and shop! :) Will for sure stay anytime!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family