“wonderful meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Tallent - CLOSED

Restaurant Tallent
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
“wonderful meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Recently went with a group of friends. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. I heard no complaints about any of them. I would recommend ordering a couple of first courses for the table to share. They are not very big, so at our table of six, we all got a couple of small bites of each. We especially enjoyed the Sweet Corn Agnolotti and BLT Risotto. Save room to share dessert! I personally liked the Blueberry Sage Poundcake. I can't wait to visit again when I'm in Bloomington!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had not dined at Restaurant Tallent for a few months (for no particular reason other than there are many options in Bloomington) and following our recent dinner, we were reminded why this is one of the best and most unique restaurants in the area. Great service and wonderful food - I recommend any dish featuring pork - the chef is a magician with pork! Appetizer special (a mixture of breaded and deep fried vegetables and INDIANA (farm raised) shrimp) was disappointing compared to the entrees. Didn't leave room for dessert.

Appreciate that the restaurant participates in Open Table reservations!

Can't wait to return!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank IndyMex
Indiana
“One of the best I have ever been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We went on a weeknight that ended up being pretty busy night for them. We went with the five course dinner and wine pairing. You can tell them if you have aversions to certain menu items, then it's chef choice. We sampled the soft shell crab, the arugula beet salad, the halibut, the walleye and marscarpone cheesecake for the ending. Each paired with a lovely full sample of five different ones. Amelia, our server, was incredibly knowledgeable and one of the best servers I have ever encountered. This restaurant is amazing.

Cross River, New York
“Great Find in Bloomington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed two nights in Bloomington and ate at Restaurant Tallent both nights. I had great services, great food, and great wine. The chef/owner is a New York CIA-trained chef and his wife is a trained pastry chef who selects the wines on the wine list. I highly recommend trying Restaurant Tallent if you find yourself in Bloomington.

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“One of Bloomington's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed dining at Restaurant Tallent over the weekend. When we entered we were impressed the hostess knew we were there to celebrate our anniversary. Our waitress even knew that one of us is vegetarian based on a question we made when calling to make our reservation about what the current vegetarian offerings would be. We were given a chilled amuse-bouche of asparagus soup with sourdough breadcrumbs. Our first course consisted of a crudo plate of fresh salmon and a plate of fried green tomatoes with shrimp remoulade. We both ordered different fish dishes for our entrees and finished off with a shared rhubarb tart topped with ginger ice cream. The food was extremely fresh, wonderfully prepared, skillfully seasoned and unquestionably delicious. There wasn't one thing we didn't completely enjoy and will be returning regularly. The staff were all engaging, friendly, welcoming and made eye-contact while offering excellent service. The wine list offered many excellent choices for full bottles or by the glass options. The decor is lovely, peaceful, clean. If you're looking for a top-of-the-line restaurant in Bloomington, this is it.

• Visited June 2014