Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina
Comfort Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$100
ComfortInn
Hampton Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$122
Hampton.com
SpringHill Suites Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$123
US$118
US$147
US$136
All reviewsfour windswind jammerview of the lakewindjammer barpontoon boattradewinds restaurantfront deskgreat resortbar and grilllong weekendgreat weekendfamily reunionspecial thanksbreakfast buffetthe entire staffhousekeeping staffindiana university
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

After a long, busy weekend at IU family weekend, it was nice coming back to a clean room at the Fourwinds resort. The service ladies at the front desk, who I think were Kelsey and Sarah, were very pleasant, which is a rarity in Bloomington hotels, and were more than happy to help us with anything we needed. Kathy was also very helpful and pleasant when I asked her for towels for my husband and I. I will definitely be planning another stay the next time we visit our daughter.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Anonymous12343
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
Your great review is shared with all our staff and they appreciate your kind words too.
We are very glad you had a wonderful weekend with IU and using our property for your accommodations.
Safe travels to you and your family and we look forward to your return when you visit Bloomington again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

DIRTY?!! I don't know how anyone can say its dirty... It was beautiful, clean,everyone was so pleasant, we even had the honor of meeting the GM whom was very funny! We had a great experience and will hopefully be back soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite, very beautiful!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at our resort and your great review.

We share all reviews with our staff to insure they are appreciated for the hard work they do or in some cases to correct mistakes that are made.

Our resort is large and has many amenities not offered at any Bloomington hotel, including over 100 acres of property on the shores of Lake Monroe.

Thank you for recognizing how great our property is.

Safe travels to you and your family and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife, my best friends family and I stayed here on Saturday night. What a pleasant surprise. We arrived to beautiful Deluxe Suite with an adjoining room for our friends. The rooms were luxurious and smelled brand new. First we took a walk in the Fairfax State Recreation Area and along the beach which surrounds the Hotel. We then to dinner in the Tradewinds Restaurant. I had their specialty the prime rib and it was awesome. My wife had King Crab and the portions were so large we shared. Crab cakes and fried green tomatoes were an awesome appetizer. Our room had balconies where we had a great view of the sunset over the lake and beautiful fall foliage. We woke to sun coming up over the lake and headed to breakfast. A buffet with everything fresh fruit, waffles, pancakes etc. I had a fun time watching the children make their own waffles. S

Room Tip: Get a lake view room the few extra dollars are worth it. The view is spectacular. They have packages that include breakfast and activities that are a good deal. Breakfast was worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winery M
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Your kind words and positive feedback on the resort is also appreciated.

We will try and earn your business each and every time you visit. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your next stay please don’t hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My son wanted to go to the lake for his birthday weekend. We used to own a condo at Lake Monroe so we were familiar with the Fourwinds area and decided to give the hotel a try. It was fantastic! We would go back again and we look forward to when we have a free weekend. First, I must say the owners have done a fantastic job updating the facility. Owning the condo years ago, we had been there before and it was like a totally different place! We were very impressed on how much they invested in the comfort of their guests. The indoor pool is wonderful! We really loved the incorporation of the local limestone into the structure and the restaurants on-site were great! The rooms were cozy. We booked two queen beds with a balcony which worked well for us. They no longer allow dogs...which, although I am a dog owner and would have loved to bring my dog...there are drawbacks to folks allowed to bring their dogs. The walls are thin so although I have mixed feelings about not having my pup along, I do think it was a positive change. They offer contact information to a local boarding facility if the need is there. The breakfast in the morning ran about $8 in the Fall of 2013 which was reasonable considering how much food was there. It was buffet style with biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage and much more. Plenty of choices for everyone. We also rented a pontoon for a half day which was right outside the door. It was reasonably priced and efficiently run. They also have option of renting by the hour and even overnight packages if you would like. Our boat was well maintained and the staff was very through in their training. I think the only thing I would change in our visit would be to have a ground floor room facing the lake. I got the top floor so that we would have a better view but really, the ground floor units were just a good and you could walk right out. Our room was not close to the elevator and so it was difficult at times hauling our stuff and having a main or ground floor unit would have made it easier. The last aspect I would like to share was a surprise positive. We arrived late on Friday night after we got off work from Indy. As we hauled our luggage up the stairs there was a security officer stationed at the top of the stairs. When I saw him, I wondered why he was there. Was it a good thing or a bad thing? On our Saturday night, I found out that the security officer was a very good thing. Being a resort, there are folks that will sometimes engage in too much to drink and be disrespectful to the other guests. The folks in the room next to us were one of these groups. They came in at 2:00am cursing and very, very loud. I called down to the front desk and the security officer is the one that came and told the folks to quiet down. I thought this was wonderful because most of the front desk help appears to be college age and I was thankful they didn't have to deal with drunk 40 something folks. Unfortunately, the visit from the security officer just made the folks next door mad and they became even worse cursing about "this is a college town and we are being told to be quiet at 2:00am!!" so I called the front desk again. The front desk was so apologetic, it was nice. The security officer came again and respectfully asked them to quiet down and I think they either did or left because the party ended after that. Fourwinds, is a wonderful place to celebrate and enjoy but with their huge financial investment of reconstruction, they are making it much more family focused which in my opinion, is a wonderful thing!

Room Tip: In my opinion, either the main or ground floor are the best options because the ease of access to the lake from those areas. The top floor can be tricky with luggage if you are not located close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

WOW!!!Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, we sincerely appreciate it.

Your kind words and positive feedback on the resort is one of the best rewards for us trying as hard as we do to make the FourWinds a great getaway resort.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great stay. I haven't had such a restful weekend in a long time. The hotel was clean and decorated nicely. The surrounding grounds were beautiful. The staff was friendly and courteous. The food for the morning breakfast was reasonably priced and delicious. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Johanna H

We also appreciate your kind words and positive feedback on the resort.