“Relaxing Weekend”

Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We needed a mini getaway and my husband suggested Fourwinds. We wanted something low key and relaxing for us and our two little girls. We couldn't get enough of the indoor/outdoor pool. Michael at the front desk was more that happy to help with any of our needs and we really appreciated his customer service. I had read some reviews on here before booking and was not sure what kind of customer service we would receive. We were pleased with our experience and stay at the Fourwinds and look forward to another stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Tony S, General Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the 4 star review. I am also grateful that you looked beyond a few of our unfavorable reviews and experienced the resort for yourself, which resulted in an enjoyable visit. Our efforts are always geared toward providing a quality product and service to all of our guest. Thank you for also recognizing one of our front desk associates, Michael. who is actually an intern, and will be joining our team permanently in September. He has learned and displays the true meaning of service.

I will look forward to the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

It seems like very seldom are you "wow'd" anymore when you stay at a hotel. That is not the case at Fourwinds Resort & Marina in Bloomington, In. Everyone at the hotel, restaurant, and marina were top notch and made our anniversary stay a first class experience. The general manager Tony Suttile, was available and handled everything perfectly. When at the restaurant ask for Chloe, she is the best!!!

Room Tip: Love the rooms that face the lake! Great views!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

HI Doug,

Thank you for the 5 star review. I am delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay in celebrating your anniversary. It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you also for recognizing, Chloe, one of our food & beverage associates. She truly understands the meaning of providing personal service and a positive guest experience.

I will look forward to talking with you again and to assist with the arrangements for this annual gathering.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I spent our first weekend at the Fourwinds Resort and were pleasantly surprised. The resort had a nice indoor/outdoor pool area, a private beach, fitness center, miniature golf, tennis courts, a basketball court, and two restaurants. The landscape was pretty. The room was nice, but the walls were thin and we could hear others, and the bathroom was a little small for two to get ready at at time; this may seem funny, but we really did enjoy the bar of soap provided in the bathroom-it actually lathered up unlike at other hotels! The staff at the front desk was very helpful; one night I was itching to go out for dessert, and the staff kept checking for places on the computer until a place was found, and on another day, we were waiting for cookies to be made (yes, they have those in the afternoon at the front desk!), and a staff member saw us waiting and brought some right to us special right out of the oven. Outside there was a nice trail for walking called the Oak Tree Trail; we would consider it moderate in difficulty because there were a couple of inclines and is about 1 3/4 miles which could be walked in about 45 minutes. There was also a small trail around the lake accessible by the public beach. Finally, there was a marina; even though we did not use it, others were and seemed to enjoy it. Overall, this is a nice resort to spend a weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony S, General Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

HI Mary,

Thank you for the 4 star review. I am delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your recent visit to our resort. It seems you were able to take advantage of several of our resort amenities.

It is also a pleasure to read how the staff assisted you with your dessert craving. Personal service and a positive guest experience is our foundation for continued success and growth.

I will look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon. If you let me know when your arriving, I'll double up on the soap!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had family visiting from abroad and we decided to go to Lake Monroe on a random weekday. They had heard so much about lake Monroe from me that they wanted to spend sometime by the lake. We never really planned on renting a boat and were randomly walking by the marina when Heath spotted us. He was kind enough to give my family a quick tour of the lake. He even took time e explaining to them the history of when the lake was made, the different boats that they offer as rentals, and the whole boating culture. He was very polite and courteous and kept us engaged the whole time. What really impressed me is that he did all this during after hours (since the marina was already shut and he was about to go home)! My family will be visiting soon again and have requested that i rent a boat and we spend an afternoon on the lake. So great people make great businesses! Thanks Heath!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time at the resort. Also, thank you for recognizing one of our associates, Heath. He is a true example in providing personal service that
creates a positive resort experience. I will look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've stayed here and had a boat here for 15 years off and on. The update to the hotel and pool is very good. The bartender with the glasses (Josh, I think) was great. The rooms are much better than before. Will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tony S, General Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I glad to read how much you appreciate the resorts renovations.

The bartender's name is actually Al. He is an asset to our operation and success. Thank you for recognizing him. He is a pro behind the bar.

I will look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I have spent many nights at the Four Winds and have never been let down. The staff...especially Tony on our trip last weekend.....was superb! Our room was nice and quite and the bed extremely comfortable. Having a temporary slip for our boat in the marina really helps to heighten our enjoyment and takes the hassle of launching and pulling the boat back out out of the picture! We'll be back for sure!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the 5 star review. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay at our resort. Also, it was my pleasure to assist you with your arrangements.

I will look forward to the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Four Winds the night of July, 6, 2014. Upon arrival we were not greeted well at the front desk. No one wanted to wait on us, and when they did they kept going back through a door to the back office. We waited a long time. Finally he came back out. Could not understand what he was saying, but I got that we could not check in until 4. So as we are sitting in the lobby at 2:30 I noticed people checking in. We asked the same man if we could check in. He mumbled, no, not until 4 pm. We then got in line with the other man behind the desk and he immediately gave us our room! Room is nice. Restaurant food was overpriced and overdone. Could not eat it. We waited in the restaurant for 10 minutes before I finally asked a waiter if he would seat us. (many tables available). Anytime we needed anything we had to go to the front desk, which was a disaster, long wait, and not very friendly at all. Will never go back, such a disappointment.

2  Thank njham

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

The resort check-in time is 4pm. Sometimes, based on availability and room type we are able to check some rooms in early. We do not want to inconvenience anyone, but if a specific room or room type is not available, then we are unable to check someone into the room early, which is the reason we promote a 4pm check-in.

As for your dining experience, did you ask to speak with a Supervisor or Manager? Their is always a Manager on Duty to assist and help with such a situation or food quality concern.

The resort has developed a wonderful reputation for having a quality product and service. I would appreciate the opportunity t to welcome you back so that you can experience our resort and dining first hand. If you would contact me personally, I would be pleased to arrange the accommodation's for you, as out guest.

Kind regards,