“awesome place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Port Richey, Florida
“awesome place to stay”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Four Winds Resort August 17 to 20 , hotel was great , beautiful room with a awesome view , food was great , had breakfast at the Wind Jammer , our server Dallas was great , told him our room was being cleaned , he went out of his way to check on our room , and told us when it was ready, great service, will surely go back

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony S, General Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Hello Hans,

Thank you for the 4 star review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit to our resort. Also, thank you for taking the time to recognize one of our associates, Dallas, who served you for breakfast.

I'll look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband & I along with our friends stayed at the Four Winds Resort August 12-14.I have nothing but good things to say about it. We ate breakfast every morning at the Tradewinds
Restaurant. They serve an awesome breakfast buffet. Michelle went out of her way to make sure we were well taken care of. She was so friendly & professional. Great sense of humour.
The rooms were clean, beds slept great. You can rent boats for 4 or 8 hours. Very good security.
Be sure to ask for a room on the lake side as the view is great. They have a really good pool
that can be covered if the weather is bad.The resort is only a hour & a half from Indy.A short ride
into Bloomington where there are lots of shops. We will be going back in the fall.

Room Tip: Get a patio room as it easier to walk to pool, lake .
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank CABIndianapolis
Tony S, General Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review! It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and amenities that are available at the resort, as well as recognizing one of our associates, Michelle and our security.

I hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon!
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the Four Winds for a week recently on a little vacation. The rooms were well-appointed and cleaned every day. The food at both restaurants was great and the staff (especially Mecca and Tony) went out of their way to help me get answers to questions that I had about the resort and activities available. I highly recommend the Four Winds!!!!

Room Tip: Lakeside is the best side!!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike V
HI Mike,

Thank you for the 5 star review! It was a pleasure to have your and your organization as our guests earlier this month. I'm glad you and your associates enjoyed everything the resort had to offer.

I'll look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!
Danville, Indiana
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We reserved a lake view room, ended up being a ground floor room. Decided we would grab some dinner with the kids at the Wind Jammer Grill. What a mistake. When we walked in, we looked around and there were four tables with guests seated leaving at least four tables that could seat more than two people. Since no one greeted us when went ahead and tried to find a table. There were no tables cleared or cleaned off that could seat four. After about five minutes of standing and waiting for someone to help us, I asked one of the wait staff if we could get a to go menu to sit out on the patio. He returned to tell me that they couldn't find any to go menus but gave me a regular menu and stated that if they weren't too busy they could probably bring the food out to us. While looking at the menu I noticed that of the four tables with guests, two (5 and 1) were waiting on bills, one (5 people) was waiting on food and one (3 people) was still looking at the menu. The place was far from busy and we did not see any large crowd leave as we were standing in the lobby before entering the grill. Needless to say we opted to drive back to Bloomington to get dinner rather than deal with the bad service. Walking back to our room before we left for Bloomington we went to get on the elevator where the door started to shut and than opened again. This happened about four more times before finally closing. A woman on the elevator with out stated that she hoped the elevator would last until the end of her vacation stay.
We returned (though had it not been for belongings in the room I'm not sure we would have) and decided to go out on the patio. We discovered there was a wood block behind the sliding glass door, no big deal, until I realized it was there because there was no latch for the door to lock.
Later that evening, chasing the little one around the room I noticed the electrical outlet for the air conditioner. It appeared to have either caught fire or mold was growing out from around the cover.
The next morning we had the buffet breakfast, which was pretty good. That said several items in the steamers seamed as though there was no water as the food items were totally dried out. We also had a yogurt cup that had mold inside the lid and was not out of date, which leads me to believe it was not properly refrigerated. On our way back to our room, the elevator once again would not shut like before.

When I finally checked out, I was not asked if I had a nice stay just do you want a receipt.

The only really friendly people we met were the cleaning staff.

I don't think I would stay again unless there were a change in the management.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank Dville_Matt
Matt,

Thank you for your review. Although we work everyday at maintaining consistency in quality and service, unfortunately it is comments such as this that we need to hear in order for us to insure quality standards are being met.

Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I regret your disappointment and how your dining experience was perceived and handled. There is no excuse for any of these issues to have occurred.

Our elevator is on a regular maintenance service schedule. It's not to say that things may not happen in between service calls, so the company has been notified.

Since the mid 1970's, the Fouriwnds Resort & Marina has built a reputation for providing a quality product and service. I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back, so that you can experience this first hand. P{lease feel free to contact me personally, so that I can arrange for your accommodations as our guest.

Warm regards,
Terre Haute, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The atmosphere and ambiance of Four Winds Resort and Marina is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed. The restaurants are very good with a wide variety of menu items to choose from. The outdoor heated pool is great and the marina has water craft for rent. The lake is beautiful. Don't overlook this beautiful spot in south central Indiana.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Ellen S,

Thank you for the 5 star review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit to our resort. I appreciate the feedback and the recognition given to our friendly staff.

I will look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon!
Danforth
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I use tripadvisor before I go anywhere. I take it seriously and want to give an honest fair review. The worst part of the resort is cleanliness. When we arrived we called about a bug on our bed. The guy arrived apologized and basically said given the lake and area unfourtnelty it is not a bug free resort. That isn't no joke. We had three giant spiders and my sisters room had six spiders in one night. The rooms, windows,pool area,even the main lobby area are covered in cobwebs. I'm not one to usually complain about a bug here or there, it happens...but the giant cobwebs literally everywhere doesn't just happen overnight. This place needs a major cleaning. The staff wasn't over friendly or knowledgeable. We arrived during a bass tournament I wish they would have told us before hand that was going on. We booked two rooms and they weren't anywhere near eachother. The pee wee golf area is kind of a joke, they don't take care of it at all. The PRO'S....we brought our boat and the locked docks are top notch right outside the resort. The grounds are beautiful with a nice beach area. The lake is beautiful. The best part of the resort in my opinion was the bar/restaurant food. Kuddo's to the chef there. I was expecting bland bar food and it was nothing boring or bland about it. Amazing crab cakes, salads, pork sandwiches, green tomato sandwich. All had a unique flair, flavor and all of it was delish! We ate there every night! Also wish it had a playground or game room for kids on rainy, chilly days when your not going out on the boat.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review. It is comments like yours that help us in maintaining our standards for quality and service.

My apology for the response from one of our associates. He should have just apologized about the inconvenience and corrected the matter. In turn, I thank you for pointing out a few areas that required immediate attention, which have since been corrected.

Thank you for mentioning the PRO'S that you did. We pride ourselves in providing a quality product, complimented by quality service. Our culinary team is very proud of their recipes and presentation.

I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you and your sister again. Please feel free to contact me personally, so that I can arrange your accommodations for you.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been here several times with friends and just love the views. The Wind Jammer Grill is great, the staff is very friendly. We loved Chloe, Jack and Kitch. The food is very good too.
We did have couple of issues but the staff helped and corrected then right away.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit and thank you for taking the time to recognize our associates, Jack, Kitch and Chloe. It's nice to know that they were attentive to your needs and that something could be easily corrected.

We value and appreciate your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hyatt Place Bloomington Indiana
#2 of 24 in Bloomington
Comfort Inn Bloomington
Comfort Inn Bloomington
#9 of 24 in Bloomington

Been to Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!