Motel 6 Bloomington - Indiana University
Comfort Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
US$159
US$151
HIExpress.com
SpringHill Suites Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
US$184
US$149
Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$117
  • Pool
US$168
US$155
US$134
US$128
US$150
Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$184
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2013

A wonderful looking old motor court inn but inside this was THE most basic place and completely overpriced. Lino floors! Cigarette smoke smell. Cigarette burns on the bedcovers. Towel rail fell on the ground when we tried to hang a towel on it. No breakfast. No coffee. There was wi-Fi - BUT it didn't work. Awful. If we had had Internet access before we arrived, we would NEVER have stayed here.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank FamilyofthreeSydney
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was in town for a wedding and since it was going to be a short stay, we booked the cheapest hotel in the area (we wouldn't be in the room much anyway). I can say this was close to one of the poorest lodging facilities I have ever stayed in. But of course it's a motel 6, what did I expect?

Walking into the room, the decor was surprisingly modern and from first look, it seemed clean. The positives end there. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room but it reeked of cigarette smell. I developed a small headache when I was in that room. Looking closer at our blankets, there were cigarette stains and what looked like oil stains. The walls were extremely thin, I could hear the people next door watching tv. Sleeping at night was extremely uncomfortable because I couldn't get over how dirty the beds were.

If you are on a budget, stay here. But other then that, I would advise putting in extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mindy N
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I spent the night at the Motel 6 in Bloomington IN. Check in was smooth. The layout of the motel was unique to an older motor lodge. The room was very updated and looked recently remodeled. There was plenty of towels, hot water, and the room was comfortable. I experienced no road noise. I slept great.
Nice job Motel 6! I hope to stay with you in Bloomington IN again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Jim O
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Checked in; non-smoking room smelled of smoke; got relocated in the motel----guess what? (First 99 answers all the same as this one). Room smelled of smoke ! Had to stay as it was a football weekend and everything was booked. Later, contacted Motel 6 National H.Q. and was denied a refund. I should sue them for fraud as the room(s) were marked "No Smoking", and that's what I booked, They should be ashamed to have rooms that need to have a deep cleaning. Also, why do their "No Smoking" rooms have ashtrays? Do they know people will smoke in them anyway? If so, why not have a smoke-cleaning charge on the bill? Other hotels/motels often do. Tom Bodet should not only leave the light on for us, but insist on smoke-free rooms. Worst Motel 6 I've ever stayed at in the Nation. Like the Robin Williams line in "Good Morning, Vietnam !": Oh no; don't go there ! I will not!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Vagabond1946
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I needed to stay in Bloomington for 2 days and this was one of the only hotels that had a room...and I can see why. The room had a very musty smell and had a damp feeling. While it was clean there were no towels, washcloths or even soap to wash your hands. So if you are going to stay here bring your own. The people who checked in to the room next to mine had kids who did nothing but run in their room for over 2 hours...repeat calls to the front desk didn't put a stop to it. When I insisted they move me to another room the front desk clerk just said "well I guess" and moved me, but only after I said I was going to leave and get a full refund. I was going to stay 2 nights but only stayed the one. The next night I stayed at a hotel I passed because of it being a small mom and pop place, but it was 1000 times better than this chain. And even though it says it is remodeled - it is not, but it really needs it.
Also they have people who live here full time if that tells you anything.

Room Tip: Even though the rates are very cheap - stay somewhere else if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo