“Terrific Service and Room”

Holiday Inn Bloomington
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 11 December 2013

After seeing a few previous reviews, I was anxious to judge for myself. As a business traveler for the entire state of Indiana, I frequently have single overnight stays. This was my first in the Bloomington area and I was very pleased. This site, by far, was the best location that I have stayed at during the past year. For the price, and location, I could not be happier. The staff there, from the moment of check in, to the next morning during the complimentary breakfast, everybody presented a very professional and polite attitude. This service was the same as at any 5 star location in larger cities. The room was very clean and no noticeable maintenance issues existed. I would highly recommend, this location for any business or family overnight stays. I plan to return and use the Bloomington site as a hub for my southern Indiana site visits.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor and had no disruptive noises.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

The entire staff was thrilled and very proud to read your comments after your recent stay at our Holiday Inn in Bloomington. We take great pride in our accommodations and the customer service that we provide, it is very rewarding to see when we have exceeded our guest's expectations.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My daughter and I spent a quick night at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. Many hotels in this small college town are riddled with disgusting rooms from patrons who attend sports events. But this Holiday Inn was really well kept and the staff very pleasant. We received a goodie bag when we arrived with some sweets in it, a water and a granola bar. We also got some free drink coupons for the bar - didn't use them but it was a nice gesture. The room and bathroom were very well kept and clean. There was a sleep number bed but it deflated during the night - perhaps I didn't use it correctly - so I don't blame the hotel for that. It was a nice gesture but for one night it isn't something I want to mess with. I'd rather just have a really good mattress than spend the money on the sleep number contraption. Just didn't want to mess with it. The bathroom door was unique. It was a sliding door with frosted windows. I'll attach a picture. Really liked the hotel. Would stay there again. Great location too, near the IU campus....not walking distance but a short drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank apratt0905
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

We thank you very much for choosing our Holiday Inn when you and your daughter visited the Bloomington area recently. All guest comments are shared with the entire staff, and everyone was pleased to see how much you enjoyed the accommodations and the service that you received.
We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Bloomington area.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

In Bloomington enjoying the fall colors and a beautiful campus and stayed at the Holiday Inn
and it was great.We had never stayed at this Holiday Inn before and really wasn't for sure what
to expect it's not new and we had been past it for many years.
From the checking in process which was smooth and quick, to the rooms being clean and comfortable, the staff that was happy and willing too help in anyway they could it was just all
good. The hotel has been refurbished and is kept very clean and the location is close too
everything we were there for and its nice to have a bar downstairs if you need it.
We will stay there again the price is great for this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twb1125
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

We appreciate you staying with us on your recent trip to Bloomington, it truly is a beautiful time of year to visit the area. We were very pleased to read your kind comments, and thank you for sharing your experience with others. We hope our clean and comfortable accommodations, ideal location and excellent customer service will be the reasons you stay with us whenever you visit the area.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our daughter is a freshman at U.I., she had made a reservations for us back in May to visit during parents weekend in November, unfortunately we had a conflict with the dates and could not make it. A few weeks before the stay I tried to cancel though Holiday Inn central reservations as my daughter had made the reservation though them, they informed me that this was a non refundable reservation & we would be charged the full amount if we did not show.

In shock, I then called the Holiday Inn in Bloomington. I spoke with Robert at the front desk who couldn't of been kinder or more professional. Making a few calls he took care of the issue for me in a matter on minutes.

All our future Bloomington stays will always be at the Holiday Inn on North Kinser Pike!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

What an exciting time for you and your family, with your daughter starting college at IU. We are sorry to hear that you will not be in town in November, but look forward to seeing you when you do visit. We strive each and every day to provide superior customer service, it was very rewarding to read that Robert was able to exceed your expectations and assist you.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

From reservation to departure front desk staff were helpful, accommodating and friendly. Never made us wait, located maps of area immediately for us, courtesy vouchers provided for breakfast and bar were unexpected. Great access on and off highway. Housekeeping staff, bar and dining room servers helpful and responsive. Bed was soooo comfortable. Special thanks to Robert and Pamela!
Connie R

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments as well as you sharing your recent experience at our Holiday Inn with others. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the Sleep Number bed, and to see that you found the staff to be both friendly and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Usually my job takes me to fancier hotels, but I have to tell you, there are some aspects to this property that can't be found at done of the fancy, overpriced hotels.
Sleep Number you're bed was amazing, I found my number and slept like a baby.
Good workspace, plenty of lighting helped me get my work done.
When I thought I left something behind, the front desk ran to my room, looked around and immediately phoned me beck.
All in all, a terrific stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lefty713
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

It was so rewarding to read how much you enjoyed your stay at our Holiday Inn in Bloomington, we thank you very much for sharing your experience with others. We were very pleased to see that you had a wonderful night's sleep, and that you found the staff to be very attentive and responsive.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in Bloomington.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was impressed with my stay here. The room was very clean. The staff was very nice and called an hour after I checked in to make sure all was good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting IU, as is very close.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing our Holiday Inn when traveling to Bloomington recently. We work very hard to exceed our guest's expectations, it is rewarding to read when we accomplish this.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.