“Nephew's Wedding” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nephew's Wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

During this event, what was crucial for me was REST!!! As for the bedding department at the Hamptons, I must say, that their bedding slept BETTER THAN MY OWN BED AT HOME!! NO KIDDING!! Extremed comfort. I will do it again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tim911, Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thanks for the feedback regarding your experience! I have to agree with you, the beds are amazingly confortable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Bloomington.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
West Harrison, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

One battery was missing from our TV remote however the front desk delivered another to our room. The continental breakfast was not furnished well compared to the number of visitors there for a busy weekend (Hoosiers basketball game the night we arrived and graduation was the following morning).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am happy to hear about the great service from our front desk staff, but know that we will be working on improving our breakfast services to ensure top quality and top variety. We hope to have you again in the future to show you our progress!
Grand Rapids, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Although I was born in Bloomington and went to undergraduate and graduate school at IU, I was disappointed in my stay at this Hampton. Staff appeared very under prepared. Breakfast items were in short supply despite there not being that many guests eating at the same time. It was raining and there was a large puddle of water on the floor, staff simply placed a towel where the water was collecting. Finally another guest pulled a trash can by the steps leading to the dining area to protect other guests. I felt quite embarrassed this was the image of Bloomington that was being portrayed, looked like hick city compared to the other Hamptons where I have stayed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I apologize for the less than stellar experience while here. Know that we will certainly be addressing these issues promptly and improving our services. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at Hannah.Ritchie@Hilton.com.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Poor experience. Not up to Hilton standards. Parking lot was icy and my wife almost slipped. Bed broken down on edges. Bathroom area was old and out-dated. Personally would not stay at this hotel again. Generally pleased with Hampton and Hilton Brand. No advantage to being a Hilton Honors Member at this hotel. Would not stay here again. Hilton management should look into this older Hampton Inn and make some updates.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your issues during your time with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our services. If there is anything I can assist you with or any other concerns you might have, please feel free to email me at Hannah.Ritchie@Hilton.com.
Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Night 4 of a 6 night (well it was - I'm heading to HI tomorrow). Got to my hotel the first night and only had Decaf coffee greeting me. Next day more squared away. Day 3 sheets oozed of Frebreeze, and the stain I noted on the initial night was still there. Day 4 I came in and I was missing the ice bucket bag, all coffees, all creamer/sugar packs, trashbags, water stains and cup stains everywhere, trash still here, coffee pot not cleaned out, no re-stock on cups.....Its cool, didn't have any coffee anyway. Checked the Armoir and saw they only clean what they can reach....filthy. Stay away, plenty of other game in town.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. There is only 4 resturants near here (2x Chinese, 1x Mexican, 1x local steakhouse). C...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hannah R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues in your room. Know that it certainly is not up to our standards and an issue we will address promptly. If there is any way that I may assist you further, my email is Hannah.Ritchie@Hilton.com. Thank you for providing your feedback and helping us improve our services.
Evansville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Best experience we've had at a hotel! The staff was super nice and friendly! The room was beyond clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was warm and it was very easy to find someone when we needed anything. Great people, awesome place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you experienced quality service--our "Hamptonality"! We hope to see you again soon!
Brownsburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

For the money we paid, this could not be beat. This was SO much better than trying to sleep on the couch at the in-laws house. This was my first time using Hotwire and will definitely use it again. The Hampton Inns have the nicest bedding. I must admit that the kids were sad to see there was no indoor pool.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at the Hampton Inn! We love having you here and try to make every minute as effortless as possible. We hope to see you again in the future (maybe in the summertime so the kids can enjoy the pool)!