“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Philadelphia, United States
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

You basically know what you're going to get with a Hamtpon Inn... not the fanciest hotel in the world, but the service at the Bloomington Hampton was incredible! The front desk staff were friendly and ready to answer any question I had. I was in town for an audition at IU and was touched when the staff asked me how it went when I came back! Their attention to detail really made the stay enjoyable and easy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
I am happy to hear that we could help ease the stress of your audition at Indiana University! We love having you here and welcome the opportunity to serve you in any way possible. We hope you hear good things from IU and we can welcome you to our Hoosier family!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is great. The staff is so very helful. The price is that best deal you will find. I have stayed here many times, always good experience. They even brused the snow off my car when a storm hit and I did not have an ice scraper or brush.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tim911, Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
It was a pleasure having you back! As you already know, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you each and every time you visit. Next time your in town ask to speak with the GM, and we can have a cup of coffee together!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

During this event, what was crucial for me was REST!!! As for the bedding department at the Hamptons, I must say, that their bedding slept BETTER THAN MY OWN BED AT HOME!! NO KIDDING!! Extremed comfort. I will do it again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the feedback regarding your experience! I have to agree with you, the beds are amazingly confortable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Bloomington.
West Harrison, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

One battery was missing from our TV remote however the front desk delivered another to our room. The continental breakfast was not furnished well compared to the number of visitors there for a busy weekend (Hoosiers basketball game the night we arrived and graduation was the following morning).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am happy to hear about the great service from our front desk staff, but know that we will be working on improving our breakfast services to ensure top quality and top variety. We hope to have you again in the future to show you our progress!
Grand Rapids, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Although I was born in Bloomington and went to undergraduate and graduate school at IU, I was disappointed in my stay at this Hampton. Staff appeared very under prepared. Breakfast items were in short supply despite there not being that many guests eating at the same time. It was raining and there was a large puddle of water on the floor, staff simply placed a towel where the water was collecting. Finally another guest pulled a trash can by the steps leading to the dining area to protect other guests. I felt quite embarrassed this was the image of Bloomington that was being portrayed, looked like hick city compared to the other Hamptons where I have stayed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I apologize for the less than stellar experience while here. Know that we will certainly be addressing these issues promptly and improving our services. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at Hannah.Ritchie@Hilton.com.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Poor experience. Not up to Hilton standards. Parking lot was icy and my wife almost slipped. Bed broken down on edges. Bathroom area was old and out-dated. Personally would not stay at this hotel again. Generally pleased with Hampton and Hilton Brand. No advantage to being a Hilton Honors Member at this hotel. Would not stay here again. Hilton management should look into this older Hampton Inn and make some updates.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your issues during your time with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our services. If there is anything I can assist you with or any other concerns you might have, please feel free to email me at Hannah.Ritchie@Hilton.com.
Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Night 4 of a 6 night (well it was - I'm heading to HI tomorrow). Got to my hotel the first night and only had Decaf coffee greeting me. Next day more squared away. Day 3 sheets oozed of Frebreeze, and the stain I noted on the initial night was still there. Day 4 I came in and I was missing the ice bucket bag, all coffees, all creamer/sugar packs, trashbags, water stains and cup stains everywhere, trash still here, coffee pot not cleaned out, no re-stock on cups.....Its cool, didn't have any coffee anyway. Checked the Armoir and saw they only clean what they can reach....filthy. Stay away, plenty of other game in town.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. There is only 4 resturants near here (2x Chinese, 1x Mexican, 1x local steakhouse). C...