“Nice hotel in good location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Louisville, KY
“Nice hotel in good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

The Fairfield in Bloomington is a nice hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the common areas are inviting as well. Free breakfast is good with make-your-own waffles and an assortment of other quick breakfast items like sandwiches, cereal, fruit and juice.
Staff is very nice and friendly.
Location is convenient to many restaurants and shopping, some within walking distance and many others just a short drive away.
Small indoor pool is available, but not heated very well.
Overall, would recommend for a quick and comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Daniel Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you for posting your comments after your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to read that our hotel fit your needs perfectly. I will have maintenance look into the pool heating issue you mentioned.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Bloomington.

Daniel Zeller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

The staff here really couldn't be better ... not only were they super welcoming upon arrival, they called once I'd been in the room a while to be sure all was OK, were helpful when approached with questions and provided an efficient check-in/out process. The rooms, as expected at a Fairfield, are basic but clean with some modern touches. What wasn't so hot was that I could hear the TV next door and voices in the hallway and the property was pretty full ... so lots of noise traveling around. Add to that I was on the first floor, which often heightens the noise factor (and definitely did here). Perhaps a room at the end of a hallway would help with this issue. There is some ongoing construction although it had very little impact on my overall opinion (basically the exits on each end of the building are closed/being redone). Otherwise, location of the property is convenient - just off the highway, easy enough access to downtown and the IU campus and some nearby dining/retail options (mostly chains, but some variety at least). And, of course, the price at Fairfields is typically nice ... just bring some earplugs if you're staying at this one!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Daniel Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback, and thank you for your very kind comments, particuarly those regarding the service that you received.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

The hotel was under renovation while we were there so there was some mess but it was understandable. The only problem we had was finding the entrance because of the construction, and the sign was a bit small plus it was dark out so it was understandable. Over all very nice visit.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Adshaw128
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback.
Vincennes, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

This Fairfield is located close to restaurants and shopping, many within walking distance. The staff was friendly and attentive, they spoke to us everytime we came or went. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices. The only problem was that they are undergoing renovations, including the pool area. Besides this great stay! We stayed Dec 14th, 2012while in town for IU graduation. My kids loved the cookies, they kept sneaking back for more.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

evansville, in
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

My experience with the staff was exceptional. I mean the whole staff was so helpful and friendly. The location was very convenient. The breakfast was great with a lot of choices. The chocolate chip cookies were yummy. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank purplemamajj

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Great value, good service, convenient location. Close to food, shopping, and Indiana University. The cookies at checkin was a nice touch. All staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical Fairfield. I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have traveled my fair share throughout my life and have stayed in a variety of different hotels. I generally am very tough on hotels (as I work for one), but I do have to say that the staff at the Fairfield Inn Bloomington was simply amazing! I would like to point out one particular person, Charles the hotel engineer. He went above and beyond of what is expected by any guest. The reason for my family and I staying at this location was due to a funeral and Charles offered to show us the way to the cemetery. He made arrangements with my father the day prior to the funeral and on the day, he got into his car and had us follow him to where we were going. The trip time was at least 20 or 25 minutes. It completely blew me away that he was kind enough to take time out of his day and use his personal car to help my family and I get to where we needed to be.
The next time I go to Bloomington I will most certainly go to the Fairfield!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family