“For the money, fantastic”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“For the money, fantastic”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

For the rate, this Inn was clean, modern, and equipped with a friendly staff. Not located in a 'cute ' part of bloomington but a mere 5 minute drive to Kirkwood (historic shopping/food
district). I would refer a friend here and say this Marriott product is a great value. We skipped the breakfast in the AM but it had a what appeared to be a nice offer.

• Stayed February 2014
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback you provided. We are happy to know that your experience here at our Hotel was as expected. We work hard to provide clean, comfortable accommodations to our guest everytime they choose to stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I got a great deal on the rate & needed one more stay for the year to put us at the Marriott gold rewards level - however my husband was less than thrilled about this stay. I believe the gal I talked to said the hotel is nearly 20 years old and due for a renovation this year... REALLY needs it! Lobby shabby, entrance small and no automatic doors (hard w/ luggage & kids), elevators dirty, pool smells HORRIBLE (our 13 year old wouldn't even get in), no hot tub, several folks smoking with doors open instead of going outside, no hot tub (it has been removed), stains on curtains & carpets, vents in bathrooms are covered in dust & guck (easy to clean, so why so dirty?) and overall just really disappointing... One of the worst Fairfield's I've stayed in. However, I would like to compliment the front desk staff - both the gals I encountered were very nice & professional. Also, the location was great but that's it. Wanted to say something on way out but they had two folks ahead of me working out some payment details for folks staying there whose homes were flooded so didn't want to wait forever.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We use the feedback that we receive to improve our Hotel by training and re-training our cleaning/maintenance staff. We are glad that you had a positive experience with the front desk staff and know if you decide to return you will find improvements compared to your last visit as updates are scheduled for our Hotel and guest rooms in 2014.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed with my Mom for christmas visit with family. The staff was excellent and very helpful. Easy access from highways and convenient to restaurants and shopping. Our room was very clean and adequate. Would recommend this location.

Room Tip: If on first floor, pool next to center lobby. Ask to stay in either wing away from center.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
We are glad you had a positive experience at our Hotel while visiting family over the Holidays.
We look forward to you coming back to stay with us in the near future.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Regardless of the pictures, or even what the person over the phone says, this place does NOT HAVE A HOT TUB!

The ONLY 2 reasons we picked this place is for pet friendly, and the picture of the hot tub. I am under the weather and not feeling good so I wanted the hot tub to clear my head - fortunately there is a bar not too far away!

False advertising hurts companies like this without them ever knowing.

Stayed December 2013
You are correct, we do not have a Hot Tub and we have worked hard to change/update many of our websites that may have information listed improperly, since the removal of the Hot Tub in 2013. Thank you for the feedback that you have provided, but please know that we would not intentionally mis-direct anyone into telling them that we have an amenity that we do not.
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the first time this week, 1 night on business. Hotel is located in nice area. Checking was easy and clerk was friendly & efficient. Lobby area was clean - pool area is directly next to lobby area with windows into pool area from lobby.

This is an older hotel that has been refurbished (not remodeled). The furnishings of the hotel were all up to date and nice looking. Entrance to lobby area from either side of hotel was not the best and rather cumbersome. Instead of having automatic sliding doors, you had 2 single doors that you had to physically open to get from the outside to lobby. This is not very traveler friendly when you have your arms/hands full and toting luggage. If you don't have at least 1 free hand to pull the doors open, you must set your stuff down to get into the hotel.

Once in my room, it appeared clean and furnished nicely. Since this is an older hotel, there is no actual enclosed closet. Just a small open area to hang things in the small sink area. The bath/toilet area is also very small. If you were using the restroom, the door would hit your knees if the door was opened or closed while seated.

Finally here is where my issue with this hotel came. As I was seated at the desk, I turned to look out the window and immediately saw multiple stains all over the curtain hanging next to the desk. There is no way that anyone cleaning the room could miss those. At that point I gave the room a more through inspection. I pulled each pillow out of it's case and protector and the first pillow I checked, I found a small blood stain on it. The rest of the pillows and bedding were fine. Needless to say that pillow did not make it back onto the bed while I was there.

Upon checking out, the general manager happened to be standing at the front desk along with a front desk clerk. I mentioned these 2 cleaning issues to them. The general manager never said one word to me, did not apologize or anything. For this, I give the general manager of the hotel an F. Without acknowledging a guest's issue while standing directly in front of him, he failed big time. The desk clerk did apologize to me and ask if awarding my frequent guest account with extra points would make up for the problem. I told her that would be fine. However, 4 days later and no points have been awarded to my account. Looks like she failed to follow thru with what she had offered to me, since she did not do it immediately.

Directly across the street from this hotel is a restaurant called Chedders. I walked over for dinner and was very impressed. Food & service was very good. Decor of place was nice too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for the feedback you provided about your experience. We use all feedback as a chance to make positive changes in the hotel, reviewing policies, and updating our procedures.
I remember walking into the situation described and since the Guest Experience Manager had already apologized and was offering the rewards points, I felt she was handeling the situation very well. I did make a comment to the guest that the situation with the pillow should not have happened and that I would speak to the Housekeeping staff about it.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I suppose if all one can truly complain about is the absence of a spare blanket and bruised bananas at breakfast it's a good stay. I was particularly impressed by the morning staff...attentive and genuinely cheerful. This is a cookie cutter chain, but they do their best to stand above the rest.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are glad you enjoyed your guest experience while staying here with us, please book your next reservation with us and we will make sure your room is clean and fresh and your breakfast experience is something to write home about.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Room was clean and the rest of the hotel appeared to be well kept. The room (king) seemed a bit small, but it was OK for one person. The location was great...easy to get to and very close to restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to serving you again in the future.