“Very clean and comfortable close to IU” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Bloomington

Courtyard Bloomington
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
South Bend, Indiana
“Very clean and comfortable close to IU”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We took a chance and booked this hotel on Priceline. The best part was its close proximity to campus. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for your response and comments! We appreciate your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Decatur, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We hosted a weekend graduation celebration at the Courtyard by Marriott - Bloomington IN, in December 2013. The entire Courtyard staff helped to make our family event a happy and stress-free experience. From the sales staff, to the front desk personnel, to the housekeeping and maintenance departments, all were so gracious and helpful. I can not say enough about how well we were treated. The facility is very nice too. We couldn't have been more pleased. It is also an easy, 2 block walk to the heart of town and many fine restaurants and night spots.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bonnie,

The staff were delighted to hear of your experience here! It really helps all of us continue to work hard and provide our guests with everything they need. Thank you for the great response. We look forward to hosting you again!
Alpena, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I ended up at the Courtyard after bidding on Priceline, which of course your not sure where you will end up just in an area they describe. This is an older Courtyard and probably not up to the same standards as other Courtyards I have frequented. BUT with that said it was a very nice stay. Beds were comfortable and room was nice. We had one cleaning concern but they addressed it. If I had paid "high dollar" for the room I would expected the more common standard however, this room at this price was a good deal. The bottom line - yes I would stay there again. Clean and comfortable is what I shoot for and they had it.

Room Tip: End of the hall away from elevator & ice machine
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the property! We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Schererville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The redeeming thing about this hotel is the friendly and competent staff. There was only luke warm water in the morning for showers, towels were old and thread bare. Rooms were very basic. This is what I would expect at an economy hotel or hostel, not at a Marriott. The experience was not terrible but this is not a good value for the money.

Stayed December 2013
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. We use this information to continuously adapt and better our hotel! I am very happy that the staff took great care of you. If you are able to send me an email with your information that details the room you were in, I will make sure that we adjust the temperature of the water to ensure the next guest has hotter water. I am sorry it wasn't set properly before your arrival. Thank you for your help!

Here is my email: barryvolkers@remingtonhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you!
Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was recently in town for two nights on business. Thursday night was great ... very quiet and peaceful. Friday night was a different story. There was a party next door that started around 9:30. Around 12:30, it was still going on and I thought about going down to the front desk, but it seemed to slow down as soon as i got dressed. As soon as I got back in bed, the doors started slamming again and it went on. I dozed off and was awakened at 3:30 by a lot of partying. I called the front desk and reported it. About 15 minutes later, I heard a knock on the neighboring door and the party started breaking up. It finally got quiet around 4:15 or so. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. The next morning at checkout, I mentioned the problem to the lady at the desk. As she was apologizing, the man working with her chimed in "were you on the 5th floor?". I said that I was, and he stated that he heard there was a big party up there, and another one on the 4th floor. At my conference on Saturday, I heard several people talking about the partying that went on into the night. The rooms are decent, but the walls are thin and those doors sounded like thunder claps when they close (very few people anymore seem to have the decency to catch a door and let it close slowly). I'm a Marriott Rewards member, but I'll have to forego the points next time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to respond and letting us know ways that we can improve our hotel; your feedback helps immensely. We apologize for the disturbances during the second night of your stay. As a hotel, we do our best to try and minimize disturbances throughout the night; afterall, you are here to sleep! Please send me an email or give me a call on your return trip to the area and we will ensure that your experience is to level you expect with Marriott! We thank you for helping us better our services.

Warm regards,

Travellers are raving about these Bloomington hotels

Maiden, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for the IU/Navy football game in Sept. I had also stayed here in the spring. On both occasions the staff has been helpful and courteous. The rooms are clean and the location is great. The rooms were cleaned expertly and the grounsd are trim and neat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Frank! We look forward to hosting you for the next IU/Navy game when IU pulls out the win.

Have a great weekend.
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great midwestern service by the staff, really no complaints there.

But the rooms need to be updated and the walls are paper thin. Could hear activities going on in all 4 directions after midnight which made it difficult to get to sleep.

But the biggest gripe are the towels! They are way too thin and it feels like I'm sanding myself down with sandpaper after a shower. New towels are definitely needed at this hotel.

Breakfast could also use some variety...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am happy to hear that the staff took great care of you! We always use these responses to better our hotel. I appreciate the candid response about the towel quality. We are always purchasing new towels and trying to provide only our best at all times. I am sorry that we did not live up to our standard during your stay. As we always look to better our services, I would be thankful if you would send me an email with some suggestions on how to add more variety to our breakfast!
Thank you in advance!