“Nice new hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brazil
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice new hotel”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff was extremely nice and the hotel was new and clean. Great room for the money. The bed was very comfortable too. There is also a workout room but I did not try it out. The breakfast buffet was excellent. It was one of the better we encountered on our trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had been traveling a good portion of the day and night. Needed a place to stay. Stopped here, got a decent rate for a great room. If I ever go back that way again, I will be sure to stay in this hotel. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank winonam427
Gardiner, Maine
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this Best Western for one night on a return trip from Yellowstone. It was our first stay at a Best Western during our two week vacation out West. This is a new hotel so it is still fresh and nice. Front desk was friendly and breakfast was good. It has easy access to the highway. However, there is a truck stop across the street which can be noisy at night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Duncansville, PA, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Rhonda (and Omar) along w/ their staff did a great job in setting us up w/ several rooms for a wedding recently. They communicated w/ us back and forth a couple of times re: what rooms were needed for what nights, etc. Lobby area was large enough to enjoy some fellowship / table games in the evenings. Easy on/off of I-70.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I were traveling through the area and needed a place just for the night. With so few reviews, we decided to take a chance. We got in around 11:30 pm and got checked in after calling ahead about 10:30 pm. Staff was friendly and helpful. We got settled in and went to sleep. About 3:00 am, the alarms went off. I understand the hotel want at fault for that, from what we heard someone was smoking outside too close to the building and had left the door open. However, none of the staff came outside after everything was clear to tell us that we could come back inside. This was a little annoying at 3 in the morning. This is a completely isolated thing and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It was extremely clean and nice looking. When we stayed the halls still smelled faintly of paint, which didn't bother me at all. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was spotless. I just didn't like the communication from the staff in what could have been a serious emergency situation.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stay was great till i checked my statement and found out i was charged $150 for smoking in their non-smoking room. I am a smoker who in the 7 hours there walked outside twice to smoke my cigarette. I had 3 children in the room one of them have severe asthma. I also had to have another card made for room cause i locked myself out when i wrnt out after midnight to smoke a cigarette. Not to mention the attendant was outside smoking with me. Not happy at all, I refuse to pay a fine when i didn't break any rules.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank theodora14213
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After reading other reviews I was anticipating a wonderful and restful one night stay followed by a delicious breakfast in the morning. While the hotel was fairly new, it also had quite a few recent, unpainted wall patches visible and the new paint smell was still present. While our room was satisfactory (clean and tidy) at first blush, at around 1 a.m. and continuously through the night it was less than quiet. Our beds backed onto the ice machine corridor and it seems the many truck drivers we saw departing/arriving at different times all needed ice. Because the elevator and ice machine were in a narrow corridor on the 3rd floor the noise seemed amplified. As far as breakfast was concerned, 1 sole employee was running both the breakfast area and front desk and as a result the cooked breakfast items were not ready at the same time as each other. Add in the lack of an indoor pool and the fact the hotel (while close to the highway) was quite a distance away from any dining except the "truck stop" type nearby. All in all, while not a bad stay, not a good one either.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms backing onto the elevator/ice machine e.g. Not #312.