“Genuine Hospitality at the Scottish Inn Bed and Breakfast”

Scottish Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Bremen B&B and Inns
Warsaw, IN
“Genuine Hospitality at the Scottish Inn Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The Scottish Inn Bed and Breakfast abounds in genuine hospitality, that creates a warmth in your soul. They excell in catering to your personal needs and interests.

Room Tip: Just ask, and they will do their best to help you.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1959cindyg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for one night as a sort of getaway for ourselves. We stayed in the Antique Room which was beautifully furnished and very private. Brenda and Homer were wonderful hosts who did everything to make sure we were comfortable. Brenda made a delicious dessert for us the evening that we stayed, which we shared as a late night snack along with hot tea (they have a very wide assortment of teas available!). It was a very nice touch to our relaxing stay. In the morning, the breakfast that she served us amazed me. Every part of it was delicious and she made sure to accommodate various dietary preferences/restrictions. It was obvious that she loved cooking and was great at it. Both Brenda and Homer were also a wealth of inside information on where to visit and eat, and we spent the day exploring Amish country and visiting little spots we never would have found without their help. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Frivian
Indiana
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Brend & Homer are wonderful people and Inn keepers. I would recommend their Inn to anyone. It is a home away from home.
Linda Sweet
Lewisiville, Indiana

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 29 November 2010

From the minute we arrived, my daughters and I felt relaxed and welcomed. The food was delicious, the room was LARGE and very lovely. Our hosts gave us local travel advice, introducing us to Amish people and places we never would have found otherwise. Though we spent just two nights at the B & B, we felt rejuvenated and very glad we went!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank AnneGladys
Mokena, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2010

This was our first b&b experience and i couldn't have picked a better spot. Brenda and Homer were the best host. We stayed in the king suite and it was like a four star hotel. It has a sleep number bed, large bathroom, robes and plenty of seating. It also opens up to a nice patio with a swing and a seperate entrance to the pool. The breakfast was homemade and so filling. This was the best place to just relax and unwind and Brenda and Homer made you feel right at home from the time we arrived to the time we left.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thumper53
Indiana
Reviewed 17 October 2010

After searching for a b&b that would accept our dog, we were looking forward to our stay at the Scottish B &B. We were used to being warmly greeted and welcomed in all the other b&b's we have stayed. This one was rather fussy. We had to put the dog in the crate, had to put the crate in the room, had to sign a "legal-type" sheet before we were shown to our room. The warm, friendly, and relaxed feel that is so easily found in most b&b's just was not found here at all. We were told to check in at a certain time, then the main keeper was not home when we got there. We were told to be ready for breakfast at a certain time, but had to wait for coffee (which was in a pot that held maybe two cups! Innkeeper had to keep refilling it). When they told us they had been in the inn for 7 years, we were frankly very surprised. Their biggest asset is the pet-friendly atmosphere, but even that was not worth the price!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank luvztravl
Brenda53, Owner at Scottish Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 December 2010
When a guest enters our home to check-in with a dog there are new smells for their pet to explore, so we ask our guests to keep their beloved pet in the car until after check-in and after there luggage has arrived to their room (it is only a short time). This is due to safety reason, the leash could get rapped around theirs legs or the pet could be in front of them and trip them. We always offer to help our guests with their luggage and their pet. In this case they came right in with their pet, so I just politely asked them to crate their dog until after they had checked in and delivered their dog to the room. Our on-site "Scotties" are confined to their own private area as to not interact with the guest or their dog, just entering the B&B. Out Scotties do not even bark when our guests enter with or without a dog. The informational form she is referring to is informing our guests of pool safety and information they need to know about the B&B and information I need to know about them like diet restrictions. Our guests can and do arrive later, we just appreciate a phone call. There is not a main "Innkeeper" here, my husband and I both check-in guests, we share the responsibilities of the B&B. One of us or both of us are always here to check each and every guests in. We have coffee available to guests 24 hrs a day. Yes, I do enjoy refilling guest's coffee cups at the breakfast table and I have several pots going at the same time. We are located in "Amish Country" and this area offers lots of exploring and siteseeing for our guests, I just hope they enjoyed visiting some of these attractions.
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This was my first bed and breakfast in my life and I absolutely loved it! Brenda and Homer are great people and made sure our stay was the best. I will always look for a B&B when I travel from now on. They have set the bar so high, I am not sure I will ever find one to even compare tho. :) Our stay was so relaxing and I look forward to staying again if my travels allow me to do so. Thank you Brenda and Homer! Your the Greatest!! :)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bremen
The Inn at Amish Acres
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#1 of 6 in Goshen
Holiday Inn Express Plymouth

Been to Scottish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!