Scottish Bed & Breakfast
Comfort Suites(Plymouth)
Shamrock Inn(Nappanee)
Comfort Suites(South Bend)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bking roomamish countrysoufflesleep numbercoffee cakebath saltsdirect tveach morningnice bathroomdvd playerbreakfast was amazingyogurtbrendahomergeneratoraccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed in the King Suite during my 60th birthday with my husband. It was fantastic. Homer and Brenda were so friendly and helpful. This b&b has all the little touches to make you feel so special. I had ordered six chocolate strawberries upon my arrival. The strawberries were delicious. The cake was also delicious. It was very peaceful and quiet. The indoor swimming pool was heated and it felt great to take a swim before bedtime. The King Suite has a whirlpool tub to help you unwind and the bathroom was spacious. The love seat at the end of the bed was perfect for watching t.v. and the desk was an added feature for business travelers. We had breakfast delivered to our room which was great! The breakfast consisted of egg souffle, mixed breads, fruit, juice and coffee. Brenda did ask us about our dietary needs for breakfast. I have stayed many times throughout Indiana but this B&B has been the best! I will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at the Scottish Bed and Breakfast while making visits to Potato Creek State Park, about 15 minutes away. This is a really beautiful place. Brenda makes the rules clear upon your arrival. After that, she and Homer are very friendly and helpful. I stayed in the Green Room, which is the room with the bathroom across the hall. However, this is NOT a shared bathroom. It is just for the Green Room and opens with the Green Room key. The other three rooms have bathrooms within them. The weather was great during my visit, so I spent my early mornings and evenings and had all of my meals on the patio with the flowers and the birds. The breakfasts are wonderful and I recommend the soup and sandwich suppers as well. They included homemade desserts. On my next visit, I will swim in the pool. This time I spent most of my days in the park and swam at the beach there.

Room Tip: The King room has a jacuzzi and a private patio. The Loft room on the second floor has two beds and a private balcony. The separated bathroom for the Green Room is a little less convenient, but that room also is the least expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I stood at the Scottish Bed and Breakfast while celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary. The King Room was perfect! It provided us all we could have needed. Homer and Brenda were very hospitable, friendly and informative. Brenda is a great cook! We recommend signing up for the 1/2 hour massage with Fran...she is AWESOME! We also recommend signing up for the Amish Dinner and Buggy ride with Emery and Betsy...they are the sweetest, nicest of people...not to mention the best cook. Potato Creek State Park is close by and there is so much to do there as well. We enjoyed our stay to the fullest!

Room Tip: The King Room has everything you could possibly need!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noel and Gary V
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Scottish Bed & Breakfast in the Antique Room this past weekend, and couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay.

Homer and Brenda were perfectly hospitable and offered us the warmest welcome. Although they weclomed us to come and go around the home and to spend private time as we wished, we spent the majority of our time talking with them because they were so personable, humorous, and great to talk with.

Their home manages to be both beautiful and comfortable and we walked away feeling as though we'd been at a "home away from home." From the moment we arrived, we felt so comfortably settled in a place that provided a wonderful home base for exploring the area. Homer and Brenda have shown a grand amount of attention to detail and we discovered so many "extras" that we couldn't have forseen.

One of those extras was the peaceful tenor of the home. It was a very serene environment; from it's quiet country setting outdoors to the gentle warmth that permeated the interior of the home.

Another of those extras was the culinary talent and creativity that went into food preparation. Brenda is an excellent chef and the couple makes a wonderful team hosting/serving meals. The breakfast was so beautiful on the plate, we hardly wanted to touch it. The food, by the way, tasted as good as it looked.

All around the home are simple reminders that the hosts thought of their guests and did everything they could to assure that their stay was comfortable.

Homer and Brenda also graciously shared ideas and their expertise about things we could do in their neck of the woods, as well as some historical tidbits about the area.

All in all, we really couldn't have asked for better... or more. Staying at the Scottish B&B made our trip extra special.

Thank you, Homer and Brenda, for a wonderful stay in your beautiful home. - Gary & Sharen

Room Tip: We think all of the rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I were in the area for a funeral and needed a nice place to stay for the night. Scottish fit the bill perfectly. We had a lovely room with a king sized bed, a huge bathroom with whirlpool tub and a great shower. Brenda and Homer were wonderful hosts, from the tour of the home when we first arrived, to helpful info on restaurants. Our room had a very nice patio with a swing where we were able to sit and look at the stars to relax a little after our hectic travels. The swimming pool looked very nice, and made us wish we'd brought our swimsuits. Because the funeral was in the morning, we had to get up and going a bit early. My wife had contacted Brenda ahead of time, and she was very accommodating with an earlier breakfast. The food was incredible. We left well rested and fed, and wishing we had been able to stay under happier circumstances. We definitely want to find the time to go back and spend a couple of nights there, enjoying the lovely grounds and great hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple