“The treatment and good food was better than going to grandma's house.”

Scottish Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Bremen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Although we were there on business,and didn't get to enjoy "all" of the amenities, the accomdations were phenomenal and the service outstanding. The breakfast offerings were out of this world and best of all homemade,. After a long day of work we were treated with hot chocolate chip cookies which melted away our stress and gave us new vigor.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 March 2009

Recently spent a long week-end at the Scottish B&B with a couple of girlfriends, and had a fabulous time! Brenda and her husband Homer were the most wonderful hosts, helping us plan activites ahead of time, including massages, mani/pedis and dinner with a local Amish family. We enjoyed everything from the wonderful home-cooked food to the Select Comfort beds. Lovely place to stay, will certainly visit again!

Reviewed 18 March 2009

This trip was my first bed and breakfast experience. It was also my first girls get-a-way. I can't say enough good things about Homer and Brenda. They are the most hospitable and homey couple ever. I so enjoyed every minute of every day there. It was relaxing and rejuvenating. The girls and I have planned to make this an annual occurence. You should too!

Reviewed 17 March 2009

I am 36 years old and I have never been treated with such love and kindness from people I did not know in all my. The food was spectacular!!! KUDOS to Brenda. The warm coversation over coffe and tea was delightful. I would highly recomend to all the world to experience the presents of Brenda and Homer in their warm and inviting home. God is Good all TheTime!!!
With much Love
Michelle

Reviewed 12 October 2008

I have never been treated so badly by an innkeeper. We go to bed and breakfasts a lot and have generally had good experiences. We found Brenda to be controlling, confrontational and not at all accomodating. From the minute we walked in, she was all over us.

I had made prior arrangements with her to drop my four dogs off early so we could go to South Bend to pick up my son. When we returned from South Bend she acted like she was really surprised to see the dogs there. They were in the outside kennels, we brought all our own food and bedding, she didn't have to do anything with them. They were quiet and well behaved.

It was downhill from there. We had booked the place two months in advance and I had talked to her on the phone about the dogs. She cracked on me regarding the amount of clothing I brought (staying for a week?) in a very snarky voice the minute we walked through the door.

When we checked in she said nothing about not being able to eat in the room but when we returned with some food one night she told us we had to eat in the pool room, which was about 95 degrees and totally humid. It was a hot weekend, we were there for two nights. I mentioned the heat one evening and said we'd turned on the air con. She immediately asked what temp, I said I didn't know, my son had set it and she informed me that we had to have it at 74...I think we're the paying guests, I can't see why our comfort should be ignored. The place was okay, clean, very generic decor, almost like a chain hotel, the food was good but Brenda spoiled it with her bossy, aggressive manner. WE did have a great breakfast conversation with the other guests on our last day.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MHCFortWayne_IN
Reviewed 21 October 2007

There were five of us who stayed one night for the "Girls Night Out" package. Brenda, the owner, greeted us at the door and was very friendly the whole time. She arranged for in-room massages and the Amish dinner in Shipshewana. After we returned from dinner, we took a swim in the pool. Not only were there snacks and drinks laid out on the dining room table, Brenda's husband came to the pool area and asked if we wanted hot apple dumplings and ice cream, and proceeded to bring them all to the table in the pool area for us! The only people "lurking around" were other guests, and everyone was friendly and seemed happy with the accommodations. Breakfast was very tasty - homemade egg casserole, potatoes, sausage, fruit, and a nice assortment of homemade breads and jams. Sensible, filing portions, after all, it's just breakfast. I don't know what more the other negative reviewers expected. The accommodations were very attractive, modern and super clean. We didn' t experience any of the negativity with Brenda and her husband that other reviews indicated; but, keep in mind, at a B&B, you should mind your manners. You are still technically a guest in someone's house, and that's the way we viewed it. It was worth the $40+ per person we paid, for a nice overnight outing with friends. We are hoping to get there again in the next six months.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2007

Great B&B! On a business trip up from Florida, The couple running the B&B were so helpful and gracious with accomodating me and my schedule. Their warmth and friendliness made it feel like home. The room my wife and I stayed in (King room) was immaculant, spacious and very romantic and private. I can't say enough good about the whole experience. If I get back to that area I will be sure to stay there again. I enjoyed visiting with other guests from Oregon, Airizona, and Michigan. Everyone was so nice.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bremen
The Inn at Amish Acres
#5 of 6 in Plymouth
Swan Lake Resort
Swan Lake Resort
#1 of 6 in Plymouth

Been to Scottish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!