“Perfect get away”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bremen B&B and Inns
East Canton, OH
“Perfect get away”
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I didn't know what to get my parents for their 49th anniversary so I decided on a bed and breakfast out of town. I found Brenda at the Scottish Bed and Breakfast. Brenda is the nicest person you can ever talk to. After talking with Brenda, I felt like I have known her for a long time. I had no doubt that I wanted to purchase this gift certificate for my parents. Everything Brenda talked with me about over the phone is exactly what my parents shared with me about their trip. The king room is amazing with a private balcony. Along with the gift certificate, I wanted to get them something else, maybe dinner, or whatever else I think they would like. Brenda told me about the amish buggy ride and dinner. So i figured that would be something different to add to their stay. It was a great experiece for my parents to go on that buggy ride and eat with an amish couple on an amish farm and learn about their liftstyle. So if you are like me and very undecided on what to get someone, this is the perfect gift or if you just want to go hang out somewhere away from home,,,this is the ticket! Don't waste time looking for another bed and breakfast. I have stories to tell from my parents and a lot of very nice pictures! Thank you Brenda and Homer for everything you have done in making a very comfortable and memorable stay for my parents. I want to go next time. Rose Rebuelta, East Canton, OH

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank rozebudd71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chicago
Reviewed 22 August 2009

This was our first trip to the "Amish Country" and we will definitely be back!

We found the Scottish B&B through Trip Advisor . The reviews were very accurate. Our room -- two queen beds in an amply sized, super comfy room -- was perfect for me, a family friend and my daughter to share. The weekend we were there the B&B was completely full but it never seemed crowded and the other guests were all very nice.

Best parts of the trip for us (aside from Brenda's great breakfasts) was having Homer (Brenda's husband who is from an Amish family) take us to an Amish grocery store and arrange for us to have a private dinner in the home of a nearby Amish couple.

We never would have found the Amish Grocery store on our own as it was off the beaten path but this place is not to be missed. We loaded up on homemade whole pies and jams! Homer sweetly took the pies back to the B&B for us so we could continue our adventures.

A true highlight for all of us was the Amish Dinner and buggy ride. So glad that we did this instead of one of the mass produced "Threshers Dinners" that you read about in the Chgo Trib. Brenda and Homer will set up the dinner and give you directions to the couple's farm house. The dinner is open to only the guests of the Scottish B&B and we were suprised (and grateful) that we were the only ones who took Brenda up on this offer.

The dinner itself was very good but the best part was really learning about an Amish family. My teenage daughter was fascinated as this couple opened their home to us and answered all sorts of questions about their lifestyle and culture.

We absolutely plan to return to the Scottish B&B and will certainly repeat the dinner, too!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
IL
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Elegant room with a lot of pampering! Comfortable number bed, great jacuzzi in large bathroom, fireplace, delicious & plentiful gormet breakfast, wonderful and friendly hosts...all the little extras that made this Inn special and one worth returning to again!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Tinley Park, IL
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The B & B is hosted by Brenda and Homer Miller; two of the nicest people we've met in a long, long time. It is apparent from the moment you walk in the door that customer service and running the inn is one of their joys and passions. Upon check in, we were given a tour of the common areas and of our room. We were traveling with my Sister/BIL, so we were able to tour our own (The King) and their room (The Loft). I would have been delighted to have stayed in either of the rooms. Both rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated with all kinds of really special extra touches, including snacks, chocolates, water and a basket of sundries that you might have forgotten to pack. Brenda and Homer were available to suggest restaurants and local attractions. There's an indoor heated pool which was crystal clear and a wonderful kennel should you have your pup with you on your trip. We did not have a dog with us but the pet accommodations would make it likely that we would travel back with a dog. The select comfort beds and the wonderful soft sheets were another amazing feature. The shower was one of the best that I've ever had away from home. The pressure and the heat of the water was outstanding and something you don't often get when traveling. One of the best parts of our stay were the evening snack and the breakfast. Brenda is an awesome cook. She served us a breakfast that was all home cooked, hot, beautiful and tasted incredible. You could taste the butter and all the other natural ingredients. She even made homemade granola as part of our yogurt breakfast dessert. The coffee was perfectly brewed and plentiful and a whole variety of teas were available including tea grown by Homer. I'm just sorry that we didn't order the soup and sandwich upon arrival. Believe me, the food was worth every scrumptious calorie we consumed at Brenda's table! We would go back to this B & B again and again. We originally went for the Amish experience but we'd go back just to have some rest and relaxation and more of Brenda's cooking.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TPSoxFans
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The Scottish Bed and Breakfast was the perfect bed and breakfast experience. It's located in the center of north central Indiana, 15 minutes away from South Bend, 10 minutes away from Napanee, within a half hour of Middlebury and Shipshewana, right in the middle of Amish country.

The facility is beautiful. The only bed and breakfast I've ever stayed at that has a pool. The grounds are great, fields on every side, a patio to sit on and enjoy the countryside during the day and a perfect view of the stars at night. The common areas in the house are wonderful. The family room area has two couches and plenty of sitting area, with a television, if you don't want to watch in your room. Our room was clean comfortable and had all the eminities of a 4 star hotel. The sleep number beds were a bonus and very condusive to a great nights sleep.

Our host and hostess Homer and Brenda were very welcoming and helpful with suggestions for all to see in the area. They are more than willing to provide extras also, such as an authentic Amish meal cooked at the Bed and Breakfast, in room massages, popcorn to enjoy with your movie, birthday cakes for birthday celebrations. Available for use are many of the most current movies and television shows on DVD. Just the right balance between privacy and fellowship. The breakfasts and evening snacks were wonderful, Brenda is a great cook.

Our weekend stay was relaxing and refreshing.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank pamgpage
Crown Point, IN
Reviewed 14 July 2009

The room that my husband and I stayed in was clean, col and a sweet treat that was waiting for us. The beds make you feel like royalty; they are so comfortable. And the kennels, that my dogs stayed in,were clean and cool despite the warm weather.
The only thing that i did not care for is that I had to go home.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lazyCrownPoint_IN
Reviewed 29 June 2009

My husband and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary with a 2 night stay at the Scottish Bed & Breakfast. From the moment we arrived both Brenda and Homer were inviting and helpful. The room was beautiful and extremely comfortable. Breakfast each morning was delicious and plentiful. I can truly say that we has a relaxing visit and that we will be back again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irene4676
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bremen
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 6 in Plymouth
Inn at Saint Mary's Hotel & Suites
#4 of 6 in Plymouth
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend

Been to Scottish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!