“Nice Restaurant” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Athens, Greece
“Nice Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Medium to best as a restaurant. Nice interior but variety of food is limited, specially during dinner !

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
center
“it was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The restaurant is in a hotel, but the chef is on site and visible ( checking plates etc). I had chicken which might have used another few minutes on the dangly business which cooked it. It was stuffed with paprika which I am not sure acted in its favor. the potatoe mixture was rather greasy. Salad ok... the food was ok. It was not great. it COULD be great with a bit more finesse. nothing haute about this restaurant... but then it is a bistro. french bistro food would have been just the ticket. I would go again, but expecting a different product.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Avenue Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear shust,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments about Avenue Bistro & Bar.

We have taken your comments very seriously and actions have been taken to make sure our guests consistently are experiencing the high services of food and services we normally provide at our Restaurant.

Looking forward to having you back at Avenue Bistro & Bar. I would be grateful if you personally contact me to make your dinner reservation and also meet and greet you.

Sincerely Yours,

Penny Zaglaridou
Metropolitan Hotel, Athens
“The perfect dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

One amazing bistro with perfect food by a really special chef mr. Petretzikis ! It has really good value for money ! The place is warm and friendly ! I really enjoy my dinner there ! One of the best restaurant in greece !

• Visited March 2013
Stockholm
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I didn't really expect too much from a hotel restaurant, so I was pleasantly surprised. I had the sea bass for dinner and it was excellent! Service was good too. A very nice experience.

Visited June 2013
Athens, Greece
“great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have seen Akis lots and lots of times on tv preparing delicious recipes and said to myself that I have to try one of his recipes. Although Avenue is based on famous chef Roux recipes Akis touch is crucial and his influence is obvious.I went with a friend of mine in December and had the winter salad with roasted vegetables, beetroot, potatoes, mixed salad leaves, caramelized carrots and balsamic dressing. For main dish I had the risotto with wild mushrooms and greens scented with a hint of truffle oil and the French onion soup.
We didn’t want any desserts but Akis insisted and offered us the lightly spiced pear poached in port accompanied by homemade five spice ice cream!
Overall we paid somehow 26€ p.p and I think it’s quite good price for what they offer.
Congratulations to Akis and his team for their great warm behavior and the excellent dinner we had. Recommended!!!

• Visited December 2012