“Peaceful B&B Surrounded by Nature”
View from the private balcony Queen Bedroom 1
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Visting Wallabies
View from the private balcony
Queen Bedroom 1
Front View and Off Street Parking
River walk
River Reflections
Antiques
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
R A
Rockville, Maryland
“Peaceful B&B Surrounded by Nature”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We apologize for writing this review so late. Things got hectic on our return to the US. I thought I had written the review already. This was a superb B&B! The setting is in a residential neighborhood overlooking the South Esk River. Had we known the setting was as beautiful as it was, we would have changed our plans and stayed here longer. Everything about this B&B was wonderful. It had WiFi, wildlife cameras in the backyard, all the food provisions we needed. Jane, our host, was very friendly, she explained what's to see, do and eat in the area. Plus, she was just a lovely person to have conversation with. Since my wife was on a Gluten-Free, soy-free and dairy-free diet, Jane made sure all the provisions we had were acceptable for my wife. I cannot emphasize enough what a tremendously positive impact this one small aspect had on the quality of our experience! On both nights, we saw plenty of wildlife....so no disappointment there. The town center was an easy few minutes drive.
If you're into wildlife, proximity to nature and hiking trails along with serene and quiet nights, then this is the B&B for you. If we get back to Tasmania, we will be sure to book a longer stay at this B&B. Thank you, Jane!

4 Oct 2017
Many thanks for the wonderful review, I do love to hear how guests enjoyed their stay and I'm please you enjoyed it enough to visit again one day. Being Spring at present we are woken up each morning to the sound of birds at this time of year they are in full force. We are about to install a large black water feature with huge bird bath just outside the BnB balcony so going forward the guests are going to enjoy watching the very colourful Tasmania green parrots taking a bath along with all the other birds in the area. Looking forward to seeing you is it again one day. Regards from Jane and the wildlife.
adetravel...
Perth, Australia
“Amazing experience and luxurious relaxation”
Reviewed 29 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed for three nights and if I had one word to say it would be - Wonderful!
The rooms are decked out in luxury and comfort. The breakfast provisions cover all tastes and even supplies of food to feed the wildlife in the back yard. We had wonderful evenings watching the visiting wallabies and possums and in the daytime........the birds!! The accommodation is close to town without being in it and easily accessible to all major routes through Tasmania's lovely north. If you are a nature lover, a traveler, or just a lover of relaxing and enjoying the magical scenery, This is the best place to stay in Launceston.

29 May 2017
Thank you for the review Joy it was certainly lovely to catch up and its always welcoming to have someone in the retreat that loves nature day and night. I have many others say the same thing that relaxing a few days on a busy journey is important after all it is a holiday but at the same time the retreat is a great location to base yourself when exploring the north of Tasmania. I hope to see you back again one day. Regards Jane Oakley-Lohm
David S
Sydney, Australia
“Tranquil b&b retreat in suburban Launceston”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We loved our three nights in this beautiful home away from home, overlooking the tranquil North Esk River, with lovely gardens and lots of wildlife coming in at dusk to feed. A generous breakfast is provided, and the welcome pack has lots of ideas for activities in and around Launceston. You will need a GPS system or a phone with GPS to find it, particularly if you are arriving at night.

15 Mar 2017
Thank you David for the review, I glad you enjoyed the views of the South Esk River and wildlife. For people coming to the retreat if you keep following the signs to the Launceston Country Club Casino you will then see the sign to the retreat. I also can send out maps to show you the way in. Looking forward to seeing you back again David. Kind regards Jane
amonia028...
Saint Jeannet, France
“Everything you would like to find at a rental place is in here.”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

As it was our final step across Tasmania, we were enjoying our stay at this place. We found everything we need to cook, to chill out... And with the wildlife in the garden, kids were really happy and will remember these two nights forever. I fully recommend this place if you want to relax just few minutes from the city.

Your age range 25-34
14 Jan 2017
Thank you Amael and family for the review, it was certainly lovely meeting you all and I'm so pleased the children and yourselves enjoyed the space. The children will be able to check in on the wildlife from time to time through the website link. All the best for the big adventure in SA. Kind regards Jane
Janice C
“Beautiful and lovely place”
Reviewed 26 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Launceston is our first stop of our honeymoon and we are so blessed by the beautiful house which has everything we need, comprehensive facilities, private and spacious space and we can stay in to enjoy cooking our own meal, walked around during the day and sat in the cottage to enjoy the space and balcony to watch the nature.

26 Dec 2016
Congratulations again on your wedding, it was so lovely to met you both and share your special time. Thank you for the feedback and to hear you enjoyed the space, views and wildlife, I can see the birds feeding right now and the wild goats and deer across the river as I write. All the very best to you both for 2017 Regards Jane
Rebecca W
“Ms”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My mum and I had a wonderful stay at this property. It was so relaxing to come and retire at the end of a busy day. The property had everything that my own home would have, made available for my enjoyment.

22 Nov 2016
Hello Rebecca its lovely to get the reviews and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the retreat. Perhaps we will get to see you back this way when you visit the Craft Fair again. PS My daughter does know the same friend of your mums in Pokhara hows that for a small world please say hi to your mum for me. Kind Regards Jane
John Z
Nanjing, China
“familial atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

The owner of the apartment is very warmhearted. We got a detail introduce. The retreat is more like a family place with heavy smell of life. A large quantity of facilities makes us feel comfortable. Beyond the river we saw the sunset over the mountain. And we observed wild animals in the garden through the cameras at night. Everything is amazing. Thanks!

Travelling group: Teenagers
4 Mar 2016
I'm happy that you got a good sunset, the retreat faces north west so we do see some great ones along with magnificat stars on a clear night. Thank you for the review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, the possums are about to have their babies leave the pouch which we will see being carried on their mums back so check the videos on the website to see them. I hope to see you all back again one day. Regards Jane
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing