“Nice rooms,undertrained, unqualified staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brownsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice rooms,undertrained, unqualified staff”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Let me start by saying I stayed here on a whim. I was in town on business and didnt feel like going into indy, looking back I should have. The hotelchoices in the area are limited and all overpriced, all off them. With that said, I searched online for what was local and chose the hampton inn, well known name with hiltons backing reputation. So I thought. I should have known when I called to make reservations and the kid answering the phone answered"hampton inn, this is fat daddy"i should of hung up. I booked the room. Showed up later in the evening and house keeping was still there. Really, past dinner time. No. The kid at the frontdesk had worked at a gas station and this was his first hotel job, underqualified. At 120 dollars a night lets get someone who knows the business. The room was nice. Thats about all I can say good. Getting local info or any info at all from the staff is like pulling teeth. I dont know must be their standard answer. I needed something in the middle of the night only to find the front desk unmanned. This should never be, ever, at any hotel. So I went without. Oh, before I forget. I was given a handicap room without being told and when I said something I wastold take it or leave it. When I contactes kiera, the hotel gm. She had I dont care attitude, oh well sorta tone. I called customer service and they apologised and gave me a refund. But I would never stay here again. It is cheaper to stay in indy but if I must stay in browns burg it will be at the holiday inn express or comfort suites. This property and its staff are not of the standards I have come to exspect from hilton

• Stayed September 2013
Kierra N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We were under the impression we had resolved this issue to your satisfaction at the time it was brought to our attention. I apologize if this is not the case. This is not in keeping of how we treat our guests and I will be equally happy to speak with you again as on our initial conversation in regards to your claim against the service levels received during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Highly recommend staying at this hotel! Quick weekend visit and as a high maintenance traveler, I found the accommodations to be in satisfactory condition. The bathroom, room, dining area all to be clean and well kept. Staff is accommodating and friendly.

Hello,

Thank you for the excellent review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing us for your quick weekend visit and recommending us to other travelers. Please keep us in mind if you return to the Brownsburg area in the future!
Delray Beach, FL
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This hotel was very clean and the room was perfect for our stay with our baby. It included a kitchenette. The rooms are a bit loud since the hotel overlooks 74, but I sleep with earplugs in hotels, so it wasn't much of an issue for me. Some friends in other rooms complained of noise from the ice maker and road.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Hi!,

Thank you for the excellent review of your stay with us! I am glad our room worked perfectly for you and your family. I apologize for the noise levels during your stay; our highway location can mean extra noise even as much as we try to contain it. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter rooms on the Bakery side upon availability.
United States
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Great hotel, very clean with good staff. Breakfast left a LOT to be desired. Room was very nice upon arrival - very spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. However, the plumbing room is right next door to room 101 and it sounds as if a gigantic trash compactor is operating all night long - making sleep nearly impossible.

Hello,

Thank you for you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize for the noise you encountered and thank you for making us aware of magnitude of the disruption. We are working to alleviate the noise moving forward. If our handling of your experience was not to your liking please feel free to let me know so that we can discuss other options. It is good to hear your stay was otherwise clean and comfortable. We would love the opportunity to host you again should you return to the Brownsburg area!
Lincoln, IL, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We always stay @ the Hampton Inn in Brownsburg, IN, when traveling to the Indianapolis, IN area. The hotel is very quiet and the rooms are large & very comfortable. We especially love the shower. We are building a new home & we want the bathroom in our new home just like the one @ the Hampton Inn. We have stayed @ other hotels in the area, but the Hampton Inn is by far the best & the prices are reasonable.

Hello!

Thank you for the excellent review of your recent stay with us! It is great to hear you enjoy your visits with us and we continue to return on your trips to the area. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Barrie, ON
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Well this was my second stay here for the Indy Moto-GP. Again I can say that I was truly happy with the stay. Its close enough that we were able to walk to applebee's and a few other restaurants which means no drinking and driving. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast every morning was good. We were really happy that they provide onsite laundry which for us who travel on motorcycle is a blessing. I wish more Hampton s provided this. We stayed with Hampton's through out our trip this year thinking that this was a standard in the USA but to our surprise this was the only one. Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kierra N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Hi!.

Thank you for the excellent review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear you chose to stay with us again, that really means alot to my team and I. We look forward to seeing you again during next year's Moto GP races!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here one night. Should have had a clue to the cleanliness from the outside with the trash cans over flowing. The room smelled musty or like a dog, the carpet had stains, the hand towel bar was almost torn from the wall, there were bugs in the light fixtures and I had to ask for a fresh bed linen. There was mold in the shower. I thought the decor was terrible, purple walls with gold curtains and greenish carpet.
The employees were very nice and tried to help out.
Breakfast was good. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing factory not highway! Factory smells really good too.