“Disappointing experience”

Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brownsburg
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We've stayed here a number of times, and while over the years it's been obvious that this facility needs some sprucing up, our most recent stay was very disappointing. First, let me note that the staff was very professional and responsive. That said, our room was filthy. The bathroom had not been properly cleaned in some time...the floor was gray with dirt (I know because I got down on my hands and knees at 11 pm to clean it), and had lots of hair and other debris. The jets in the jetted tub were brown and black with debris and mildew. The caulk around the tub was also dirty and coming apart. The bathmat had residual "dirt" on it. The entire toilet needed major cleaning and had "leftovers" from previous guests. The top of the door on the refrigerator was also gray with handprints. The bottom of the window frames were black with mold and mildew. When I spoke to the front desk about this the next morning, they were concerned and responsive, and when we returned that evening, the room had been cleaned more throughly, but not completely. The management did not charge us for one night of our three night stay, which was appropriate given the circumstances, but we'd much rather have a clean room to begin with and not have had to deal with this problem. We'll probably return here because my husband is Priority Club Platinum level, the hotel is convenient, and this is the first major problem we've ever had here. Hopefully, it will be last problem.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Linyo
KStuart23, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Linyo, I am sorry you did encounter some issues during your stay. I know we addressed them personally while you were here. I want to assure you that the housekeeping staff has gone through some retraining to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you for your patronage and we hope we will see you again on your next trip to Brownsburg.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express in Brownsburg, Indiana for a business trip. The staff was very accommodating to my needs and went well above and beyond my expectations. My room was tidy and inviting upon my arrival. The bed was very comfortable, so I had a full night's rest without interruption. Even though I came down for breakfast a little late, the food was still fresh which is not what I've experienced in the past at other hotels. All and all, from check-in to check-out, my stay, my experience with this Holiday Inn Express will be unforgettable. From the staff, to the room, they can expect business from me and my company on a more regular basis.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ClydeJohnson

Glad you enjoyed your stay Clyde! We hope to see you in Brownsburg again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

Was looking for a hotel for one night to set up for an art fair. the stay was comfortable and uneventful and quiet, but i felt i didn't have much choice but to stay there. we paid about 100.00 for a stay that was just ok, somewhat forgettable, which isn't much of a recommendation, but I have no real criticisms either. good nights sleep, near food, near brownsburg. probably won't stay again though if I come next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
KStuart23, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

thomas_h_BJJ thank you for your comments. I am glad that your stay was quiet and uneventful. I am sorry your stay was not memorable as we do strive to be memorable. Thank you for your comments. We would hope that you would stay with us again next year.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Room was fine - internet average - lots of door slamming, walking overhead at 12:30 AM, etc. etc. - was a bit disappointed that staff chose to have rather loud and lengthy discussion with someone on their bill right outside my door at 6:30 AM - nothing terrible, but nothing special either.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
KStuart23, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you roboird for your comments. I do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. I can assure you that it is not standard to have conversations at 6:30 in the morning in the hallways. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members are always professional and it appears we failed in this instance. I do apologize and we use this as a learning tool to better our team. I hope your next stay is more pleasant. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Picked my pal up for the airport late and needed a place for one night close to the I-74. Clean, friendly staff. Parking.....what parking? I assume since it is next to the Interstate that would explain the many semi trucks eating up 5 parking spaces and the SUVs with trailers.

The parking situation is my only complaint, the desk staff told us we could park in the lot of the hotel next door and walk over, that bothered me, my car was packed for a long weekend in Chicago/St. Charles with all my "stuff" for a scrapbooking expo and the last thing I needed was it to be broken into, we lucked out and found a spot, but probably because of a shift change.

Beds were average, bathroom small and poorly lite, but everything was clean. Average place for a one night stop.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NinaJ56

Thank you NinaJ56 for your comments. You are correct in assuming that because of our location right off I-74 and our close proximity to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway we do at times have several large trucks or cars with trailers in our parking lot. I am glad you were able to find a parking spot in the lot, however, we do own the property next door and your car would've been safe in either lot. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

I made reservations two months in advance, and was told the room would be $153 per night and got a confirmation letter stating the same. When we arrived, and was told the rate was $193 per night. I even produced the confirmation letter stating the rate was $153. Manager said look at the fine print, and it states the rate quoted was an "estimated nightly rate and was subject to change". Then i tried to just cancel the room and go elsewhere, but we couldn't do that either because of their cancellation policy. I called corporate 6 times and they were no help at all. I was told that the final decision was up to the location manager. This guy is a pro at doing this and knows how to get by with it. We obviously were not the first people to run in to this at this location. After our incident, i looked the hotel up on trip advisor, and there were many others who had experienced the same thing at this hotel. Mysteriously, those reviews are now gone, and i would expect this one will not be here long either. The manager obviously knows how to have negative reviews removed, when they don't suit him. I have stayed at many HIE's and always had good experiences, but this one will keep me from ever staying at another one-especially since corporate was no help at all.
BUYER BEWARE!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bjlightfoot
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We stayed here over Christmas when we went to visit relatives. I believe we spent 4 nights, maybe 5. We had both of our Pugs with us. The first room was too small for the cages and the front desk clerk immediately moved us to a large suite. It was on the first floor at the end of the hallway by the gym.

The room was fine. The entire place really could use some updating, but it wasn't bad. The room we ended up with had a whirlpool tub. The water was discolored, but that's Brownsburg water for you. Definitely not the hotel's fault.

The morning breakfast was great. The biscuits and gravy were quite good. Honestly, they may be the best in town.

I believe that this is the only "pet friendly" option in Brownsburg.

I think that the rooms could be a little better priced, but, since we had the dogs, we didn't have any other options.

I would and will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Avon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northwest - Park 100

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg? Share your experiences!