All reviews heritage room beautiful historic hotel crispy skin meal times flights of stairs french doors tasting platter schnitzel across the road top floor balcony overlooking the beach bottle shop amazing hotel mini fridge corner room hotel breakfast walk in shower
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Room was ok - not as big as I expected but roomy enough to lay out our bags. Bathroom clean and modern with walk in shower. Bed was comfortable. Being attached to the Largs Pier Hotel was a bonus as we had access to restaurant and pokies. Our room looked out on Largs Pier. Location suited us perfectly as we were visiting friends in Port Adelaide. Check in staff were friendly and there was free wifi.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the water obviously have a better view than those overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
LargsPierHotel, Front Office Manager at Largs Pier Hotel - Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will return to stay at the Largs when next visiting your friends in Port Adelaide. Kind regards, Vicki Dean, Largs Pier Hotel.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Firstly let me state that this is an edited review designed to address ridiculous suggestions made by the Hotel in its original response, such as that I may have expected cooking facilities in my room.

I booked a Deluxe Spa Room (on a half price offer) for 3 days in mid may as a birthday for me/mothers day treat for my wife. Due to availability issues, I was ‘upgraded’ to a different room. I specifically asked if the spa was big enough for two people and was assured that it was. I could not find a photo of a spa bath specific to a Deluxe Spa room on their website and so I accepted what I was told as accurate. When we arrived, the room only had a bath spa (sometimes referred to as a jetted bath) and not a spa bath as most people understand it to be. When I inquired whether a mistake had been made, it was explained to me that ‘the manufacturer claims it a 2 person bath spa’. Our experience with this ‘2 person’ bath was that in order to cover the jets before turning it on, the water had to be at a depth that would threaten to overflow when we both got in. Then, draining it to a safe level to occupy, the jets would blast water out of the bath when either of us stood up. Our experience was that it did not ‘feel’ like a two person bath. Additionally, experienced travellers know the difference between a bath spa and a spa bath, and I’m sure hotel staff do too. Had this bath been described accurately to me, I would not have booked the room.
Also, when we travel, we like to try and buy local pastries/produce/fruit etc. for snacking on later in the evenings but the fridge in our room was so small, it could barely hold the few drinks we bought with us. I have seriously never seen such a small fridge in a hotel room. We had to put our takeaway leftovers in the bin because the tiny fridge just could not hold them. We twice had to fetch a bucket of ice from the bar (which we kept in the bathroom sink) because there was no ice tray.
On the one occasion that we ate in the restaurant, we both ordered the chicken schnitzel. The schnitzels were not breast meat as you would expect for a meal costing more than $20, rather they were the cheaper pressed chicken you might expect from a pub front bar and not a hotel claiming a 4.2 out of 5 star rating.
Overall, our experience that of a series of variously sized disappointments, tempered by the fact that under the regular pricing regime, we would normally have paid double what we did. The ambiance was only that of any other renovated historic hotel, and I’ve stayed at plenty of these in country towns. Regarding their seaside location, our balcony room had a great view of the flats across the road and a generous serve of morning sun. The meal was no better than my local pub could have done. It was a very disappointing experience that I will not be repeating

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babelfish06
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I stayed at the Largs Pier last night as i was in Adelaide for training. I had never been to the hotel before let alone stayed so i had no idea what to expect.
Wow, what a great hotel. My dinner was HUGE, perhaps a little too big but hey, I didn't go hungry and the breakfast was delicious. I had a room in the hotel itself which was clean and very comfortable. The customer service from booking the room, through to meal times and checking out was excellent.
First thing i said to husband when i got home was i'd like to go back for a night when we have no work agenda.
Put it on your list. It's a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Book a room in the hotel and dream of the history and guests of a previous life...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank wehrdunn
LargsPierHotel, Front Office Manager at Largs Pier Hotel - Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

The Largs Pier hotel is very conveniently located to the Port Adelaide precinct and is frequently the hotel of choice for people working in the area. We work hard at providing quality accommodation and dining with excellent customer service. Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your business related stay in a deluxe heritage sea facing room at this AHA award winning and heritage listed hotel. Look forward to seeing you again in holiday mode.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Went to Largs and found it was a lovely place, the beach is peebles but stunning views over the water, you have to try nadinin's ice cream amazing. Would recommend anyone to visit here. The car park on Sea front is not that big so go early

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I traveled from England UK to visit Australia.
Unfortunately our travel agent booked us into an apartment hotel in the 'wrong' side of town which didn't suit us at all.
It was getting on to be late evening.
We immediately telephoned Largs Pier Hotel-Motel to check if there were vacancies for the same evening, we spoke to a very helpful lady in reception who booked us in and advised the cost of a taxi.
When we arrived, the lovely receptionist was waiting for us.
Largs Pier Hotel-Motel is positioned opposite the sea with a pier. It's an historic hotel set in an amazing area. Gorgeous.
There is a 4km beach and shops with restaurants within walking distance. It's a beautiful area and definitely a must to visit in Adelaide.
Our allocated room (no. 3) was amazing. A corner room with each window (2 and a door leading to the balcony) giving us pier and sea views from each.
We have eaten all our meals in this hotel - Breakfast, Lunch, Nibbles and Dinner which were all delicious. Even if you don't stay in the Hotel we recommend you try the food which has very friendly and helpful staff. They have made us feel very welcome.
The train station/metro is 5 mins walk from the hotel and cost $10 Aus dollars (day ticket - can be used on trains and trams etc for the city) straight into Adelaide.
Thank goodness we moved hotels, as we have experienced this amazing Hotel and coast on Adelaide. Great memories for our honeymoon.
Thank you to the lovely staff in Largs Pier Hotel-Motel for a memorable stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple