“Rooms Smell Bad”

Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Everything looks nice in this hotel, good customer service, but the rooms stunk! My room smelled like body odor. I tried to spray it down a couple times with perfume, but the smell wouldn't go away. It was not only my room, but 2 of my co-workers rooms smelled bad as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Emory C, Assistant General Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Good Afternoon Andie R-

I must first sincerely apologize for theexperience that you have had at our hotel. We always strive for 100% guest satisfaction and we clearly fell short of that standard. I can certainly understand the frustration and dismay, you may have experienced because of the odor in your room. Our team has taken steps in order to rectify this issue with any future stays.

I am personally committed to ensuring your 100% satisfaction in the resolution of this issue for you. Our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction and we clearly did not achieve that. If I might be able to offer you any additional assistance or if there is anything else I can do to ensure your 100% satisfaction please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Emory C.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

When we booked the room we had booked 2 beds. When we checked in and got to our room they had us in a room with 1 bed and 1 couch because they wanted to be nice and give us a bigger room. This would have been great except we had 4 people and they didn't even ask us if we wanted to switch!! In both rooms the floors smelled!

They also don't have free wifi and they don't have a hot tub. But don't worry, the pool is ice cold!

Stayed: July 2014
Taylor F, Operations Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hello Doarntih,

You have my deepest apologies that you were not 100% satisfied with your most recent stay. Our goal is always 100% satisfaction and it looks like there were several things you were very dissatisfied with. Please contact me directly as I would like to look into your experience a little further to ensure your 100% satisfaction, with a little more information I can take corrective steps to ensure that future guest do not experience the issues you have. Please contact me directly so that I might be able to assist you further.

I am pleased to share that we are offering complimentary WIFI on the weekends because feedback such as this. Thank you so very much for your candid feedback and taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I look forward to connecting with you so that I might ensure your 100% satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to me at taylor.felton@renaissancehotels.com

Taylor Felton

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel with a sports team on the weekend. The best part about the room was the charging ports on the desk. Plenty of outlets and charging ports for all of our electronic devices. Room was clean and beds were very comfortable. It seemed that they grouped most of our team on the same floor near each other. I think this is a good idea, because it keeps the kids confined to a certain floor.

The pool was a little on the smaller side, but sufficient for our kids to play in. Towels were kept stocked. Breakfast buffet was included for just the sports teams. It was fair, but hey, free breakfast. Eggs/turkey sausage/potatoes. Pastries, dry cereal, oatmeal and OJ. No other juice choices so if you do not like OJ you are out of luck.

Only drawback of the room, the toilet did not flush well and the pullout sofa did not have any linens. Both times I called the front desk, the problem was taken care of promptly and with a smile.

I would stay here again, for both the price and the customer service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Major long-term highway construction directly in front of it, but we didn't hear a thing through the windows. Front desk staff is awesome - very attentive - especially Tyler. We stay here when visiting our son in Indy. Only two detractions I can think of. One is that it is very popular with sports teams/ soccer families etc. Every time we have been there the lobby is pretty much overtaken with these groups and their families out and about in the hallways. Request a room away from these groups if you don't want to hear soccer balls being bounced above you as you try to sleep. Also, no fridges in the room. Very very odd. I almost exclusively stay in Marriott properties and travel extensively and this is the first and only Marriott property where I have encountered that. They certainly have the perfect space for them in each room - cannot figure that one out.

Room Tip: If you are not travelling with a sports related group = ask for a room away from these blocks as th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bonevoyage
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Being a platinum member with Marriott I'm generally pre sold to love all of their brands, but this stay was on of those that went above and beyond the call!! The staff overheard me bragging to a workmate about the chocolate chip cookies at other hotels and within 20 minutes We had warm chocolate chip cookies....Well Done...Also very clean, comfortable and well appointed! We will be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend while in town for a lacrosse tournament. Check in was quick and easy. Two adults and a teenager stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and the room was ample for our needs. Very clean in the room. Lobby is very nice. Close to shops and restaurants on Old Meridian and not far from Carmel Arts district.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel last weekend with out-of-state relatives and enjoyed our room, the pool and the out-standing breakfast buffet.
However, there were way too many errors on our reservation that resulted in aggravation as well as needless trips to the desk and calls to the hotel.
#1. We received an email reminder of our reservation that indicated we had reserved one more room than we did.
#2. The bill for the breakfast upgrade to our room was double what we were told it was.
#3. An unauthorized charge appeared on the invoice AFTER CHECKOUT and was sent by email after we got home. This required verification by contacting out of state relatives, checking the hotel to find out what it was (and getting sent to voice mail 3 times). Finally I was able to prove that this charge should not be on our bill and the bookkeeper said it would be taken off.
We won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Taylor F, Operations Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Wantatellya,

Thank you very much for your candid feedback. You have my deepest apologies that you experienced so many unusual errors in your reservation. It truly sounds like this was a series of unfortunate events as this would never be had we had intended for experience to be. I must say that I too would be equally as frustrated with the series of errors. We are committed to our guests’ 100% satisfaction and we clearly missed the mark in the expectations of ourselves and your expectations of what a perfect stay looks like. Would you be so kind as to email me directly? I would like to personally ensure you are 100% satisfied with resolution of these errors and would like to exceed your expectations in this resolution. Please feel free to contact me directly at taylor.felton@renaissancehotels.com. We take great pride in operational excellence and I would be honored to continue to you assist you.

Taylor Felton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel? Share your experiences!