“This place is hit or miss.”

Woody's Library Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 259 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Carmel, IN
“This place is hit or miss.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Have been here many times but last visit was very disappointing. Went with my 14 year old son and it was Prime Rib night, which I had just a few weeks earlier, and his wasn't cooked right and when it came back it looked funny to me but he said it was fine. Finally I took a bite of it and it was NOT good. Something was wrong and I told the waitress the meat just seemed bad and half of it was fat. The owner came by and proceeded to defend the meat, and blame my son for telling the waitress it was ok when she asked. My son just didn't want to seem picky since it had already been returned once. The owner was very rude, especially since we've eaten here many times. To say the least he did not take ownership of the bad prime rib and did nothing to compensate us - not even a free dessert or an apology for that matter. Very disappointed and we will no longer eat here or even recommend it anymore. Had it been a manager on duty decision we would consider coming back but since the owner had no desire to resolve we have no desire to return.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank AmazingRacer22

Brownstown
“Unique place”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a unique restaurant in the Art and Design district of Carmel. We had a salad and BLT, so pretty basic, but both were good. The outside seating was nice, providing a view of the street. Inside had lots of neat "library" features. The waitress was great. It seemed like lots of "locals" gather here.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Beth T
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I would go back and enjoy more of the historic locale.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a former Carnegie library that's been converted into a restaurant. The upstairs is for nicer dining, but I haven't been up there yet. The basement is more like a sports bar with a great bar and plenty of TVs. The menu has plenty of items to choose from and the beer selection was extensive.

Our food arrived promptly and the quality was excellent. The pricing seemed reasonable. I look forward to going back and trying the upstairs room.

• Visited April 2014
Carmel, Indiana
“Nice, Unique Restaurant w/ Historic Local”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very good food, with an ever changing menu. Plenty to choose from the husband and wife team do this right. Usual can grab a seat, but I recommend reservations as it isn't a large restaurant. Downstairs bar is a much more casual bar place.

Visited October 2013
Pennsylvania
“Nice menu options”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Some reviews indicate spotty service, but my visit found the wait staff to be very attentive, polite and helpful. The menu is great for those who have food allergies, etc, as they list offerings that are best for lactose intolerance, gluten free and vegan. Very nice addition to the menu. The menu has a wide variety of choices. I had the seared tilapia, and it was cooked perfectly. Would highly recommend this restaurant. Just be aware that parking in Carmel can be a bit of an issue, as is traffic.

• Visited May 2014