“Great lodging value, but not the food service”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is very, very nice and when we were there over a weekend the price per nigh was very reasonable. I would not say the same for the breakfast. At $10.95, it is not worth it especially when your waffle comes back undercooked. I would suggest they convert to a free continental breakfast and forget the unneccessary extra costs of trying to operate a quasi-full service restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica D, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking your time to vist Tripadvisor.com about your stay. I am thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. While breakfast at Hilton Garden Inn's are not free, we do offer much more than a continental breakfast. I am sorry to hear your waffle was undercooked, we would have been more than happy to get you a freash one. As alwasy you can count on us, to make things right. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the Carmel area you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel was a little difficult to find due to the construction, but well worth the find. The hotel is well appointed and kept up. I was happy to have a living room/bedroom combo during out stay so that I could stay up and read while my wife turned in early.

We were greeted warmly upon arrival, and given two complementary waters. The front lobby was inviting - nice places for small groups or individuals to sit and enjoy conversations without the conversations overwhelming each other. The small dining bar area was nicely set up and seemed to be doing a brisk business.

The room was well stocked - microwave, small refrigerator, small sink and a coffee maker. Had I known that there would be a Keurig in the room, we would have brought along our own KCups. The only real issue I had while staying is that the Keurig is quite noisy when opening and closing the top (hard to be quiet when others are sleeping) and the provided coffee was really awful. My wife was stunned to see me pour our my morning cup. Worse than army coffee out of an MRE.

Overall - would definitely recommend the place - comfortable bed, close to things, easy on and of the highway and great staff.

Room Tip: As for a higher or lower number room to stay way from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angelo S

Angelo S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the Carmel area you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times. Each time it is great. The location could be better with the current construction issues but ALL of the hotels along this stretch if US 31 are affected. Staff is great and friendly, everything is clean and in good repair and the price is a very good value. What more could one ask?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jessica D, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

John M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit trip advisor and reviewing our hotel. I am thrilled you choose to stay with us. I know the construction is frustrating, but the Indiana Department of Transportation tells us it will be done by Thanksgiving. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The lobby was beautiful, the staff friendly and right on with whatever we requested. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others. We have other staff members going to classes and they will also be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Teresa S

Thank you for taking the time to visit trip advisor and review our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that you enjoyed our staff. I can not wait to share your response with them! Please let me know if I can be any assistance for your co-workers staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Comfortable, clean rooms, fewer outlets than would be optimal. Not the high end, but very acceptable for a brief business stay. Front desk - crew is cheerful and generally attentive. Located convenient to main roads and a Meijer''s grocery store. $3.50 at Mejier's and I dined on fresh raspberries and greek yogurt (way better than $8+ that hotel wants for ho-hum 1 piece of toast, small cheap yogurt and fruit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheila B

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor! I am glad your enjoyed your stay! I am thrilled to let you know we will be adding additional outlets as well as USB charging ports in all our guest rooms by year end! I do hope if your travels bring you back to the Carmel area you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Construction on nearby Rt 31 has access to this property severely messed up. In addition, they could use a shuttle service into the Carmel area. Fitness center was sparse - again, if you can't do a decent workout room then then me where the location of nearby gyms and YMCA's. front desk guy Brad was helpful.

Room Tip: I always ask for opposite side of highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jessica D, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Brad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on tripadviosr. I am thrilled that my front desk associate Brad was able to assist you. It's not often night auditors get recognized for their hard work! I can't wait to share this with him, as well as my whole team. As for the constuction I know right now it is a bit difficult to navigate, but we try to have directions to anyplace our guests want to go at the front dest, to make it as little of a problem as possiable. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the Carmel area you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our wedding party, family, and friends stayed here throughout my wedding weekend, and we were very pleased! My Maid of Honor and I stayed in a suite before the wedding, which was pretty standard. It had two beds in the back, then the bathroom, and then a seating area by the door. Nothing fancy, but it got the job done! My fiancé and I stayed in a suite there for out wedding night, which was a bit nicer. A giant, jetted tub was in the bathroom, which was great! The room was large as well.

We hung out in the lobby after the reception, and the staff were very nice about putting up with quite a loud, rambunctious group. I will add that we tipped the staff for their troubles.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Congratulations!!!! Thank you so much for spending your wedding weekend with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I do hope if your travl needs call for a hotel in the Carmel area again you will choose to stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel? Share your experiences!