“Private Dining Experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Fish Market Seafood

Mitchell's Fish Market Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 261 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meridian Street (State Route 31)
Description: Welcome to Mitchell’s Fish Market, located at Clay Terrace in Carmel, just 15 miles north of downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!
somewhere
“Private Dining Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've been to Mitchell's a couple of times previous and thought it was nice. This last time, I wasn't so impressed. Maybe it's just their private dining experience...The catering manager and I communicated all through e-mail (which was fine). But there were times when she needed to get back to me on things, and didn't. I felt like I had to check up on her. Also, she suggested personalized menus. Ok, sounds nice. Except they spelled the guest of honor's name wrong. (Remember how we communicated all through e-mail? Well I didn't spell the name wrong on my e-mail. I even went back and checked that particular e-mail to make sure it wasn't my fault.)

Then as we were reading over our menus, we noticed appetizers weren't listed anywhere. Cocktails were not listed. We had to ask our server. She came back and rattled off a couple of items. Because I over planned for this day, I actually had a good idea of what appetizers we wanted, none she mentioned. So I asked about the ones I had in mind. And she put in for them. Had I not done my research, we would have missed out. The cocktails were a similar story. So I asked about the ones I saw online. Unfortunately they just changed their menu so these yummy sounding cocktails were no longer available, and the new menu did not seem as appealing to me. If you are going to change your menu, please change it on your website.

On the bright side, the server was friendly and the food was good.

All being said, I don't think I will hold another event at Mitchell's. I felt like the catering staff dropped the ball in a couple of places. I also felt as though once they had us booked for the room, and knew we would be charged a minimum food and beverage fee, they didn't go through much bother to make sure we got our money's worth. I mean when does a restaurant NOT ask if you want to start with an appetizer? After all, wouldn't they love for you to add items to your bill? But if that restaurant had you contracted to spend a minimum amount, why would they care if you actually ordered enough food to get you to that amount? I can't say that was their goal. But that's how it felt to me when there was clearly a lack of attention to detail.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“I don't get the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I was here for a business meal. It was fine, but I had a much better meal at half the price the next day. The fish was fresh, but I wouldn't call the preparation anything special. Maybe I just didn't get the proper item? I am sure I will be back as it was half price wine night when we went - now THAT I can't pass up in the future.

Visited April 2014
“Disappointing Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Visited Mitchell's for the first time in over a year and were very disappointed. The quality of the food was average at best. The beans and rice side that was served could be best described as "mush". Overcooked to point of being in edible. Our server went missing in action when we pointed this out. Fortunately another server came along, offered to replace this side with another one of our choice. Note to restaurant: although it is disappointing when the food served is not up to standard what happens next is the important thing for the customer. Usually a good thing to have a manager stop by when there is a complaint.
Mitchell's is a nice place to have a meal. The fish is normally fresh and the standard of service and food quality is very good. However, both of our meals were disappointing. Given the competition in the local area, we will probably not be back.

Visited January 2014
Carmel
“A favorite spot of ours.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love to come here and have appetizers and drinks in the bar. A favorite appetizer of ours are the mussels and the spicy shrimp. Their bread is fantastic and the drinks are delicious. The bartenders always provide great service and they are quick and attentive. We always enjoy coming back,

Visited December 2013
McKinney, Texas
“Food was great but service left a lot to be desired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We went for Christmas day so maybe I am not being fair. If you're going to be open you need appropriate planning. We generally go out for Christmas and nwver had the problems we had Mitchells. Mainly just not getting served. We had reservations and were se seated quickly. Then we just when long periods of timw not seeing our waiter. We watchwd two tables near us get food before us even though we got the same thing (the traditional turkey dinner). The one table definitely knew people who worked there because the hostess kept coming and talking to them .

The food was great. I had the seafood gumbo as my first course which was great, would have been better hot. The turkey dinner came with couple slices of turkey which was super moist and the best dressing I've ever had. The food came thrown together and clearly wasn't plated. The meal ended with a choice of two deserts. We all had the sharkfin pie. I can't even describe how amazing it was. I think its a regular item they offer. It had like an oreo cookie crest with a layer of peanut butter then some ice cream toppwd with choco fudge, peanuts and whipped cream. Even my mom finished all if hers.

I will try again the next time I am in Indy. The food was good enough to give it another shot. The restaurant wasn't that busy. We shouldn't have had the experience we did. I'd hate to see how they handle a Friday night.