“Everything we wanted and more!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterton
At Home In The Woods Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Chesterton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband & I just got married @ At Home In The Woods on 03/29/14. Victoria & Scott were awesome. They made everything run smoothly & thought of everything. Victoria basically does the majority of wedding planning (as needed of course). She's fantastic. The cake she made was gorgeous & delicious. Everyone loved all the food served at the wedding. Those of us that stayed the night all couldn't believe how delicious the breakfast was! I would love the recipe for that fantastic french toast casserole. My step-daughter & I could have spent hours watching the blue jays, finches & wood-peckers that were feeding outside the dining room window while we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast.
On the night of the wedding, the TV's & DVDs in one room kept our young teens happy, while the wi-fi, fireplace & whirlpool tub in our college student son's room allowed him to relax & pamper himself. My new husband & I enjoyed the hot-tub outside before retiring to our room to enjoy the champagne, fresh flowers & goody basket for us newlyweds.
Our close friends that attended the wedding were all pleased at the comfortable environment and relaxing atmosphere ~ and all of them thoroughly loved the food. We truly could not have had a better experience! We will be back to enjoy the different seasons, plants & wildlife for sure. We will certainly return!!

Room Tip: Having just married, we took the room on the lower level as it is the largest, has a steam shower, a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank E_LeRose

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I were so thrilled to find this Bed and Breakfast! The owners, Scott and Victoria, were so warm and friendly. We were welcomed with delicious star quality food and treats. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. We stayed in the Rocky Mountain room and we especially loved the tub! We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast! You will not be dissappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christine P
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My best friend and I stayed at At Home in the Woods while I was pregnant for a girls getaway. It was one of my favorite travel experiences, and I've been to belize, costa rica, and south africa. And I was sober during this trip too! It was truly relaxing, as a vacation should be. That said, there were still plenty of things to do - just at the b and b. We took a jam making class with victoria that was loads of fun. And I was worried about the breakfast part. I often dread small talk, especially in the mornings. But Scott and Victoria were really great conversationalists. And one of the other guests had me dying laughing!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
AtHomeInTheWoods, Manager at At Home In The Woods Bed And Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We always enjoy family and friends meeting here to spend time together. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the B&B. The Victoria and Scott were very warm and welcoming, the house was emaculate. I stayed in alot of B&B's and this is the best by far. The ambiance is cozy and relaxing, the views of the surrounding woods are outstanding. I love the rustic interior and my girlfriend is going to have me busy trying to duplicate many of Victoria's decorating ideas.We wanted for nothing but to stay a few more nights.

The breakfast was plentiful and tasty, and we enjoyed talking to Victoria and Scott over breakfast. The bed was very comfortable, I have never had such a good nights sleep away from home.

On a side note....as part of a gay couple I am always a bit hesitant to stay at a B&B as I understand not everyone is accepting of my lifestyle. Victoria and Scott didn't bat an eye at having us show up on thier doorstep and made us feel very welcomed.

I highly recommend this B&B, it will be everything you hoped for and more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kickitin1969
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We just returned from our second stay here. Just as wonderful as the first time! We have stayed in the Smoky Mountain room, and this past weekend, the Rocky Mountain room. Both are absolutely beautiful and very well-appointed. Scott and Vicki are the nicest hosts around. The breakfast is always well-presented and delicious. Loved having breakfast in front of the window watching all the birds on the feeder in the snow. The property here is awesome! Both times we stayed here we put on their snow shoes and hiked down the back end of the property. Make sure you try it. The town of Chesterton is a lovely and charming town to visit. (a short 5 minute drive to town) Being so close to Lake Michigan is also a plus. We hope to return in warmer weather so that we can use the beautiful newer pool. You will love it here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PattyandChuck
AtHomeInTheWoods, Owner at At Home In The Woods Bed And Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thanks for returning. it's nice to know that you enjoyed your first visit so much that you returned. Take care!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Scott and Vicki are amazing people and were extremely accommodating for a gluten and dairy allergy. This was one of the best experiences I have had and the house was extraordinarily beautiful. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rocky Mountain Room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg L
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We enjoyed a fall evening at the "Home in the Woods BB" and found the accomodations very
comfortable and relaxing. The color was near peak and added to the enjoyable experience. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
4 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Chesterton

Been to At Home In The Woods Bed And Breakfast? Share your experiences!