“Hilton Garden Inn-Excellent Choice”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn this past weekend. Checking in late on Friday night, I found a most helpful check in girl. Quick check in with a quick layout of the hotel. Less than 3 minutes for check in. Outstanding!!! The Pool, sauna and hot tub were clean, heated and superb. but the biggest surprise was the breakfast. A complete chef staff, made to order meal and a buffet on top. FANTASTIC breakfast and reasonable to boot. On Sunday morning we were met by another front desk restaurant staff member, extremely friendly, although a Bears fan she was fantastic. Being Packers fans we had to give her the berries, she took it well... sorry about the loss on Sunday!!. I would and do intend on staying here again. Right off the highway, restaurant in the back yard and extremely clean. Kudos!!!!

Room Tip: Pool in downstairs!!!!
1  Thank Gene M
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Awesome review of the hotel. Glad to read your experience with the front desk staff was extremely satisfying. They do take pride in their customer service skills. You were correct our breakfast is a full breakfast including made to order items such as pancakes, waffles omletes etc. and the cost is $8.95 for all you can eat. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and I am delighted that you will visit us again,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn was an excellent choice to stay for our visit. The room was clean, staff were friendly and knowledgable. Breakfast was OUTSTANDING!!! Although there is a charge for it the breakfast was the best I've had in a long time. Food to order and a complete buffet. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for recommending our hotel. It sound like you stay was extremely satisfying. So happy to read you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and thought the price was reasonable. I will forward your review to the housekeeping staff. They like getting positive comments about the cleanlieness of the hotel.
Please visit us again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

A very nice hotel, well worth the stay. Right off the highway and easy to find. Pleasant staff, very clean hotel. The fitness center was a little small, however, several people could work out there without any problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate all your positive comment.
I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Worked really well for my larger family--it's a nicer room than others I've been in, and I only had to rent one of them! Hotel staff were very gracious and competent, and the facility was, as usual, immaculate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nice to read that the hotel suite was perfect for your stay with us. We have 2 different types of suites. A junior suite and a whirlpool suite each one is bigger than a standard room. I hope you visit us again soon

eileen Howat

Reviewed 26 December 2013

There really is nothing to complain about with this hotel. The staff, facilities, pool, security, nearby and on-site dining options, location - it's as perfect as you can get. Thank you all for a wonderful stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I was happy to read your review. It appears you were extremely satisfied with every aspect of the hotel. I will forward your review to the staff.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great! After my wife and I were on the road for about 10 hours we decided to stop at the next exit. Luckily, this hotel resided there!

The check-in night staff (Megan) was awesome! She was extremely personable and made me feel at home. After my wife and I got settled in I went down to the front desk again to request something odd...

I always have cereal before bed, and she delivered without a bag of the eye.

The next morning, I went to the front desk just to see what time breakfast was open on my way to the gym. The staff was extremely pleasant and was very helpful! The maintenance technician even stopped on my way down the stairs to see if I needed help with anything!

The staff is awesome, and so was the food for breakfast.

The only thing that could've made our stay better was the mattress. My wife noticed that it was a bit hard for her liking, but I didn't mind. She made the comment, "it's like they put those tempurpedic mattress toppers on the box spring or wood."

Again, I didn't notice that and slept great.

Overall, I would stay here again and look forward with doing business with Hilton again based on this experience.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Your review us just great. I wish that everyone who is looking for a hotel in this area would read your review. It is great advertising. I do want to apologize for the bed. I am not sure if you knew there was a dial on the side to adjust the firmness.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff at this hotel is friendly, helpful and professional. The beds are comfy and the pillows are fluffy. The cook to order breakfast is always great and the dinner options are also excellent. The fitness area is decent and could use some updates but the equipment is functional or they hotel offers the use of the local YMCA. The hotel is conveniently located by the interstate and toll road for easy access.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you did not think our fitness center was update but like you wrote we do have an agreement with the local YMCA. Otherwise it sounded like you truly enjoyed your stay. I hope you visit again.

Eileen Howat

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Best Western Indian Oak
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Hampton Inn Portage
Hampton Inn Portage
#2 of 12 in Portage

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton? Share your experiences!