“First time stay...very suprised and pleased!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Brighton, Michigan
“First time stay...very suprised and pleased!!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler that travels throughout the midwest to the east coast regularly, I was working in the area and decided to stay at this location. Upon checking in, the front dest personnel was extremely friendly and warm. With a quick check in, she extended well wishes and if there was anything I needed she would do her best to accomodate. I did need some directions to a local retail store and without hestitation, she was very attentive to give me directions and to ensure I understood her directions. Later rather than going off premise for dinner, I decided to eat in their restaurant. I chose the crispy salmon. Thinking it was going to either be mushy or dried out...again I was shocked. The Chef (Brian) did in my opinion an outstanding job in preparing this entrée. The salmon was prepared perfectly, not mushy nor dried out, in fact as you cut into the fillet, it was moist and firm, but best of all the complete dinner was hot. The fillet was accompanied with wild rice and broccoli florets served on a nice piece of leaf lettuce. My server, Kelly was very attentive and quick to ensure that my dinner met my satisfaction and to ensure that my drink was refreshed when requested. I must say my dinner experience was a delight. The only thing I could suggest is that with such a nice lobby, a clean and quaint dinning room, that maybe the door going into the kitchen could remain closed. Although minor I could see some visitiors would be critical that while they are eating, they could look right into the kitchen and see the beverage station with folded boxes resting on top. One other suggestion would be to have Brian wear a Chef coat, because with the quality of the food that he had prepared, I am sure those eating in the restaurant would like to see who has prepared their meal in whites rather than a black tea shirt with white apron. If you are in the area and are looking for a very clean hotel (lobby and rooms), friendly staff and good food, then may I suggest this place to you. Enjoy!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking to time write such a wonderful review of the hotel but mostly of the staff.
I will forward the review to all partys and I am sure they will be as thrilled as I was. I will also pass on your suggestions about the door and white coat to the GM. It is always nice to find a guest who is extremely satisfied with their stay and takes the time to let others know.
Please visit us again soon.

Asst GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Valparaiso, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is worth the money. Great hotel, hot tub and sauna. Rooms are very clean and so were the beds. Very comfortable. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. My family and I have stayed here several times and we only live 15 minutes from it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate all the positive feedback you gave and hope that you will continue staying with us.

Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Cliff-Art C - Notes:
1. Great Room - Very Clean - Extremely Nice - A+ A+ A +
2. Food Service - Very Good to Extremely Good - You will like it.
3. Plenty of Safe Parking.
4. The Staff were Excellent..
5. The Pool and Exercise Room - Real Nice
6. You can not go wrong staying here.
7. Pretty Lobby with seats and beverage service

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for you 7 extremely postive comments and for taking the time to write a review. Your review will help our hotel by bringing more guests to visit. My hope is that you will visit again soon.

Chesterton, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I recommend if you have a bad back to try some other place due to hard beds. And I would of designed the lobby to have more room. It was very congested and small due to all of the tasks going on. The breakfast area was congested also and attached to do the lobby. I felt claustophobic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel I would like to thank you for your recent stay wtith us.
I was disappointed to learn that you had an uncomfortable stay with us and that you were not satisfied with your bed and that you found our breakfast are to be congested.
Please be assured that your comments are extremely important to us. We are always learning from your comments. I do hope you decide to stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity of exceeding you expectations.
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Three keys to great hotel, throw in friendly and helpful staff = great hotel. It is located right off the toll road. Their is plenty of parking. Bob Evans shares a parking lot, so you can walk right to the restaurant. Otherwise there is not much close to the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
You gave 3 great examples for staying with us and I appreciate that. I also want to thank you for writing a review. You are right that there are a limited amount of venues in the immediate area but there are many things within 3miles and more within 8 miles. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had to look for hotel last minute since a family member was in the hospital near by. Great guest service and also had a hospital rate which helped since it was so last minute. Girl at front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was clean, modern, and beds very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
You are correct the hotel is within minutes of the new Porter Regional Hospital and we do have many guests who stay with us because of the same reason you did. It was nice to read you were satisfied with you stay. I am sure after being at the hospital all day you just want to come back to a clean room and relax. Thank you for a wonderful review.

Kendallville, Indiana
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel continues to provide great value when staying in the Chesterton area. I have stayed he multiple times and receive a consistent experience and value for the money. Pool, Hot Tub, and Sauna are a great relaxing point during our stay. Hilton Garden Inns are a great value when staying and this one lives up to its name.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I was very satisfying to read your review and find out that our staff is doing their job. It is nice to know that you think that staying with us is a great value for your money. I hope you will visit again soon and take advantage of the pool, hot tub and sauna wihile you relax.
Thank you.

Asst Gm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Best Western Indian Oak
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
#4 of 5 in Chesterton
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Best Western Plus Portage Hotel & Suites

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton? Share your experiences!