“In good hands”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The entire stay was excellent. All the staff were pleasant and willing to be helpful. Came to Chesterton as a family member was placed under Hospice care. Having access to computer, fax and copy machine as well as office supplies like stapler, scissors and etc. was certainly a plus. It was also important that there was plenty of parking and the hotel is so convenient to the Indiana Toll Road exit. I had to make a trip into Chicago and being so near the South Shore RR station was a big help. The food was great and the breakfast buffet supreme. I really enjoyed having Cheerios along with a hot waffle and eggs made exactly as I requested. The staff and accommodations certainly eased a difficult situation. The best summation is guests are In good hands.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thanks for the all inclusive great review of the hotel and staff. You are correct we are near approximately 5 miles to the train station that runs between Chicago and South Bend. We are also directly across from the Indiana Tollroad entrance and exit and about 3 miles south of I 94.
You can count on us to meet and exceed all your needs while staying here. We try to make it your home away from home.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everything was great here! Clean and great breakfast for a reasonable price! I like that it is close to the toll road but isn't loud. Very inviting lobby with great coffee supplies. The hostess in the breakfast area was great. I had an egg white omlet that was very good!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It appears that you were very happy with our breakfast. It is a full breakfast that includes a buffet and made to order items for the price of $8.95. Exceeding guests expectations is what we do at this hotel. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Came to town for a surprise birthday party, found the hotel very nice, clean, and fresh. Their entire staff was courteous and friendly. The Bob Evans was next to the hotel and easy to get to. Also a really adorable Amish Furniture Store just down from the hotel. Everyone in Chesterton was really nice!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing a great review of Chesterton and the hotel. It is a small quaint town in the northwest corner of Indiana Glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My family and I meet at this hotel every winter so the kids can swim, we can eat White Castle, and just hang out. We have enjoyed our stay and we are sure you will too. Very clean, comfortable and friendly atmosphere!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your great recommendation of the hotel. It was short and sweet and to the point. I am dleighted that you and your family will come back again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I am Tina's Mother Carol Reum, which my husband and I stayed in adjoining rooms, with my daughter and husband in the other room. which I had asked for rooms close if possible and they went one beyond, and gave us adjoining rooms. I t was so nice. My grandson had a competion at the highschool, and the whole FC singer group, staying at this Hotel. They took good care of the kids, and fed them both mornings. I was impressed, at the low level of the noise, throughout, because all we heard, because we were on 1st floor room, with window, by parking lot, where when the kids came in you heard them some,but not to any annoying level. It was to be expected because, aprx 200 kids were getting off 2 buses. We stayed there 2 nights, and really enjoyed ourselves. We don't travel too often, but if we do, we will for sure seek out a Hilton garden INN. Matter of fact we have a new Hilton Garden INN real close to us in Indianapolis on south side, real close to us. but never checked it out.It would be so nice to have extended family stay there, if there was ever a need. In conclusion, you run a very nice establishment. and you should be proud of all your employees. Thanks Carol Reum. jprhot1@aol.com

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I was so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. The staff is trained to go above and beyond and from your review it appears they did. I will forward your review to them.
I do hope when you are in the area that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member and I stay at a ton of hotels during the year. I wanted to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to this hotel staff for what is becoming the most enjoyable logistically challenging experience! That is a tongue twister. Our group has a lot of last minute changes and alterations to the contractual agreement and this hotel staff and management continue to far exceed any expectation I have for a seminar host. It’s our 4th year at this location and since the first one the team that runs the seminar on site and numerous attending couples can say nothing other than glowing reviews of how well they were treated.

I want to thank your team for this support and understanding and know I will HIGHLY recommend your brand to all my peers and friends in the future because of this effort. It’s rare these days to find businesses that are not solely trying to earn a profit at the cost of customer service but your team is the exception to this trend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such a great reccomendation of our hotel. It is a pleasure to serve your group and you can count on us for anything you need. The review you wrote was absolutely wonderful. Not many of our meeting room groups write reviews so thank you for taking the time out of your busy day.

Hope to see you next year

Reviewed 10 February 2014

As a business traveler that travels throughout the midwest to the east coast regularly, I was working in the area and decided to stay at this location. Upon checking in, the front dest personnel was extremely friendly and warm. With a quick check in, she extended well wishes and if there was anything I needed she would do her best to accomodate. I did need some directions to a local retail store and without hestitation, she was very attentive to give me directions and to ensure I understood her directions. Later rather than going off premise for dinner, I decided to eat in their restaurant. I chose the crispy salmon. Thinking it was going to either be mushy or dried out...again I was shocked. The Chef (Brian) did in my opinion an outstanding job in preparing this entrée. The salmon was prepared perfectly, not mushy nor dried out, in fact as you cut into the fillet, it was moist and firm, but best of all the complete dinner was hot. The fillet was accompanied with wild rice and broccoli florets served on a nice piece of leaf lettuce. My server, Kelly was very attentive and quick to ensure that my dinner met my satisfaction and to ensure that my drink was refreshed when requested. I must say my dinner experience was a delight. The only thing I could suggest is that with such a nice lobby, a clean and quaint dinning room, that maybe the door going into the kitchen could remain closed. Although minor I could see some visitiors would be critical that while they are eating, they could look right into the kitchen and see the beverage station with folded boxes resting on top. One other suggestion would be to have Brian wear a Chef coat, because with the quality of the food that he had prepared, I am sure those eating in the restaurant would like to see who has prepared their meal in whites rather than a black tea shirt with white apron. If you are in the area and are looking for a very clean hotel (lobby and rooms), friendly staff and good food, then may I suggest this place to you. Enjoy!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for taking to time write such a wonderful review of the hotel but mostly of the staff.
I will forward the review to all partys and I am sure they will be as thrilled as I was. I will also pass on your suggestions about the door and white coat to the GM. It is always nice to find a guest who is extremely satisfied with their stay and takes the time to let others know.
Please visit us again soon.

Eileen Howat
Asst GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Best Western Indian Oak
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Hampton Inn Portage
Hampton Inn Portage
#2 of 12 in Portage

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton? Share your experiences!