“Could not have been lovelier”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Union Mills, Indiana
“Could not have been lovelier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is an outstanding Hilton Garden. I was expecting a nice lobby, but this one was absolutely stunning. I arrived feeling rather ambivalent about the massive snowstorm predicted for the night of my stay. I was afraid I would not be able to make it in to work the next day and since this hotel is five minutes away from work, I decided to take no chances and spend the night here. I quickly forgot about the weather when I walked in laid eyes on the roaring fireplace before me. I unfortunately will probably not have the pleasure of staying in this lovely hotel again for quite some time because it so close to home and I stayed under extraordinary circumstances. But I would recommend it to anyone fortunate to be in the area and in need of truly lovely accommodations. A great nights' rest, a clean comfortable room, and a real hot breakfast in the morning. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any bad rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
eileenhowat, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Wow what a great review. Thank You.
Our lobby was renovated last March and it is very welcoming. There is coffee 24hrs a day and breakfast is from 6am -10am mon-fri and 7am-11am Sat and Sun. It is a full breakfast with made to order items available. Glad to hear you were so happy with your stay.
Thanks again,.
Eileen Howat Asst GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This is our third trip to this hotel, we visit friends who live nearby. The hotel is clean and very nice with good standard amenities. The best part of this hotel is the staff. The housekeeping staff in particular is excellent. We always use the pool and need extra towels. Housekeeping not only handles our request up front but replaces the extra towels on following days. The rooms are very clean as are all the common areas.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Yeah for housekeeping thinking ahead. I will be sure to forward your survey on to their department. It is great to hear things like this since our goal is to exceed your expectations.
The staff is consistently being trade to go above and beyond and in your case they have succeeded. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.

Bloomington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The entire stay was excellent. All the staff were pleasant and willing to be helpful. Came to Chesterton as a family member was placed under Hospice care. Having access to computer, fax and copy machine as well as office supplies like stapler, scissors and etc. was certainly a plus. It was also important that there was plenty of parking and the hotel is so convenient to the Indiana Toll Road exit. I had to make a trip into Chicago and being so near the South Shore RR station was a big help. The food was great and the breakfast buffet supreme. I really enjoyed having Cheerios along with a hot waffle and eggs made exactly as I requested. The staff and accommodations certainly eased a difficult situation. The best summation is guests are In good hands.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the all inclusive great review of the hotel and staff. You are correct we are near approximately 5 miles to the train station that runs between Chicago and South Bend. We are also directly across from the Indiana Tollroad entrance and exit and about 3 miles south of I 94.
You can count on us to meet and exceed all your needs while staying here. We try to make it your home away from home.
Redford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everything was great here! Clean and great breakfast for a reasonable price! I like that it is close to the toll road but isn't loud. Very inviting lobby with great coffee supplies. The hostess in the breakfast area was great. I had an egg white omlet that was very good!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It appears that you were very happy with our breakfast. It is a full breakfast that includes a buffet and made to order items for the price of $8.95. Exceeding guests expectations is what we do at this hotel. Please visit again soon.
Chesterton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Came to town for a surprise birthday party, found the hotel very nice, clean, and fresh. Their entire staff was courteous and friendly. The Bob Evans was next to the hotel and easy to get to. Also a really adorable Amish Furniture Store just down from the hotel. Everyone in Chesterton was really nice!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for writing a great review of Chesterton and the hotel. It is a small quaint town in the northwest corner of Indiana Glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope you visit us again soon.
Huntertown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My family and I meet at this hotel every winter so the kids can swim, we can eat White Castle, and just hang out. We have enjoyed our stay and we are sure you will too. Very clean, comfortable and friendly atmosphere!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your great recommendation of the hotel. It was short and sweet and to the point. I am dleighted that you and your family will come back again.
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I am Tina's Mother Carol Reum, which my husband and I stayed in adjoining rooms, with my daughter and husband in the other room. which I had asked for rooms close if possible and they went one beyond, and gave us adjoining rooms. I t was so nice. My grandson had a competion at the highschool, and the whole FC singer group, staying at this Hotel. They took good care of the kids, and fed them both mornings. I was impressed, at the low level of the noise, throughout, because all we heard, because we were on 1st floor room, with window, by parking lot, where when the kids came in you heard them some,but not to any annoying level. It was to be expected because, aprx 200 kids were getting off 2 buses. We stayed there 2 nights, and really enjoyed ourselves. We don't travel too often, but if we do, we will for sure seek out a Hilton garden INN. Matter of fact we have a new Hilton Garden INN real close to us in Indianapolis on south side, real close to us. but never checked it out.It would be so nice to have extended family stay there, if there was ever a need. In conclusion, you run a very nice establishment. and you should be proud of all your employees. Thanks Carol Reum. jprhot1@aol.com

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I was so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. The staff is trained to go above and beyond and from your review it appears they did. I will forward your review to them.
I do hope when you are in the area that you will stay with us again.

Eileen Howat Asst GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton? Share your experiences!