I've stayed in Hilton's all over. This is without a doubt, the worst one ever. Let's run it down.
1. Made our reservation for a wedding we were attending. We initially believed we were to have a Friday/Saturday night stay.
2. We confirm the reservation on the week of, only to find out they have us down for Saturday only. Their desk associate "Megan" says she will push it out to Friday, and that it's not a worry, they have the space.
3. Guess what? We arrive, give our confirmation number...still no Friday/Sat reservation. We get our room for the nights, but it's pretty clear this kind of behavior is tolerated and ignored by management. This kind of inattention to detail can cause serious inconvenience to someone. We were fortunate, others may not be.
4. Their "all you can eat" breakfast for $9.50 is ridiculous. Comfort Inns put out the same kind of continental breakfasts in their hotel for free. Your best bet here is to walk the 30 yards to the Bob Evans.
5. The beds are "baby" size kings/queens. I.e: they are not the full king, or full queen.
6. The beds are hard, and I mean...really stiff and hard. Not at all comfortable. Good thing we were there for a wedding, the only way we got a decent nights sleep was to drink ourselves to sleep.
7. Keurig machines in the room. Why they bother with it, I do not know. They barely stock any coffee for it in the rooms. We had 1 reg, 1 english tea 1 decaf. 2 Non dairy creamers and a couple of really crappy paper cups. So essentially, whoever gets the reg brew is the lucky one, whomever is with you gets stuck with tea or decaf.
8. The WiFi was easy to connect to, but slower than molasses. Seriously, it was faster to tether my phone to my laptop for internet service.
9. Staff were reasonably friendly, or at least attempted to be. The vibe I caught with not only ourselves, but the people checking in with us was that they would rather be elsewhere, and hurrying things along.
10. Depending on the day, you can smell the chlorine scent from the pool all the way up to the third floor.
11. The door "privacy" locks are funky. If you stay here, when you leave your room, make sure your door closes securely. On our room door, and a few of our friends doors...the deadbolt would spring out upon leaving, keeping the door from closing securely.
I really wanted to like this place more. But, the rooms are priced too high for being in the middle of nowhere. The service is marginal, and while they suffer from little problems, they tend to add up during your stay. It's a Hilton Hotel in the middle of rural Indiana, trying too hard to be like a city Hilton.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton Hotel Chesterton
- Hilton Chesterton
- Chesterton Hilton Garden Inn