“Better than the first incarnation of Taj”
Review of Taj The Indian Curry House - CLOSED

Taj The Indian Curry House
Cuisines: Indian
Chesterton, IN
“Better than the first incarnation of Taj”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Although the name is the same as the first restaurant on these premises that had closed, the owners are new and absolutely delightful. The food is not nearly as salty as much of the Indian faire I've had, and yet it's more tasty than before. The cooks have been taught how to season the food so each dish isn't overpowering, and as a consequence, each bite is a delight. The afternoon buffet is a great way to try several different items before ordering something off the menu at night. They do not simply run the same few items over and over again. I've been to the buffet several times and have been delighted to try many different items I'd love to order at night. The staff is almost overly-attentive and quite eager to please. Taj, a bit off the beaten path, is well worth the visit for locals or those passing by on I-94.

1 Thank Michael B

“Awesome desi food!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Small, clean and nice place with some authentic indian food. Price is standard. Don't let youself get fooled with the not-so-good-looking view from the street. Overall, great value!

3 Thank RockyK75
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Glad you're back!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was sad to see this restaurant go. It's very clean, the service is pleasant and the food is tasty. It's best to come for the buffet at lunch.($$) You get to try a wide variety at a decent price. The weekend buffet is a little more, but well worth it. The evening menu is Ala carte and costs more but nice for special occasions ($$$). Carry out is available. Perfect to pickup an appetizer or dessert to round out your menu. Taj is so much better than the other local Indian restaurant options.

2 Thank JustMeinIN
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is real Indian cuisine, don't be fooled by the barn yard style exterior. The food here is great and authentic. The chicken Tikka Marsala was the best I ever had and the Somosas were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that asks.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Kara W
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was recently traveling to Michigan and spent the night on my way in Chesterton. I love Indian food, so I always look for an Indian place when I travel. I found Taj on my GPS and decided to give it a try. When I got there the parking lot was almost empty. I almost turned around and left, but I am very glad I didn't do that. I got the Saag Paneer and an appetizer to go. The food was wonderful. The portions were huge. Normally when I travel, I throw away the left overs, but I had enough for another meal so I packed it up in my cooler and had it the next night. Wish I could have tried the lunch buffet.

• Visited June 2013