“Why here? Best Western next door!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Reviewed 20 April 2014

2 guys fighting outside, no cars in lot (should have been a sign). Dirty stained walls in room, filthy bathroom, stained towels, old 70's decor. I could have stayed at the best western for the same money or better yet, the Holiday inn for $40 more

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was here a year ago and liked it, so I came back the other day. There are a lot of bad reviews and the place almost got one from me. The room they initially gave me had a problem with the locks. Once I was finally able to enter, I noticed the ceiling leaking in the bathroom. I went to the front desk, and they quickly gave me keys for another room. Again, this was fine and a great value. To be fair, I only got this room for sleeping, so I didn't care about the TV, the fridge, the microwave or the breakfast. I only cared about a good nights sleep, which I got. I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Gray sheets and pillowcases, rooms with extremely poor lighting, dirty toilets, dirty tubs, two gray bath towels per room, no face towels, a TV that makes you wonder if it's color or black and white, a continental breakfast consisting of miniature plastic wrapped sweet rolls, a loaf of white bread and butter, smoking guests outside of guest room windows -- all for a total of $100.79. Only because we had driven 750 miles and were exhausted did we make the mistake and stop there. First and last stop at an Econo Lodge!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there. Drive onto another hotel/motel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

What a rip off. Stayed at a lot of places and this is by far the worst. They are so cheap even with the coffee served for breakfast. Could not wait to get out of there. Dirty too. Too bad but I will never again stay at an Econo lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel has got to be the most disgusting place i have ever stayed in. carpets were sticky on my bare feet, trash laying around everywhere by dumpster, cigarette burns in sheets, room smelled like wet dog. i could go on and on about the filth but those were the highlights. i wouldn't put my worst enemy up in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barney B
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I hesitated staying here because of a few bad reviews. I stayed anyway and don't understand what the problems were. The room was clean and everything worked. The staff was great and the location was excellent. I'm from the area and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel in March 2013 and we found it very comfortable and clean. We had no issues with our room and actually had a quiet night. There weren't many tv channels but the wi-fi worked. Our shower worked fine and there were plenty places to eat around the hotel itself.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank POBDublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Hampton Inn Portage
Hampton Inn Portage
#2 of 12 in Portage

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!