“Renovations well done”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Renovations well done”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have been staying at this Best Western for few years now. The management is always doing something new to make our stays better every time. On our this visit, we saw new furniture and carpets in the rooms with new decor. It is reasonably priced and just off of I 94. Breakfast has been always good with lot of options than just bagels and donuts.

Room Tip: They have onsite bar now.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms. And yes sir we are always doing something new to our property and I thank you for noticing. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you for your kind words.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We wanted to take a weekend away from home but not go too far so we decided Best Western close to home would be the best option. We were not wrong at all. Originally staying here was for the pools use only due to have two young children, but my husband and I had a great time also. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were very beautiful. Newly renovated rooms with comfortable beds was just what we needed for the weekend. The wildlife around the hotel was great! There also was not a shortage of places to go eat in the area. We will definitely come back here quite a few times before the summer is over!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Yes it is true we have an oversize pool and lot families like to stay here with us just for that reason. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you for your kind words.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

the stay was comfortable, the breakfast was substantial, the room was clean and had everything necessary for a short stay, the hall looks cosy, the hotel is close to the lake michigan, a 10-minute drive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you for your kind words.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here in March with a group of basketball player did we ever have the red carpet treatment! It was by far the most relaxing comfortable welcome home experience I've ever had. We were allowed to use not only the breakfast room but the lobby as well at our leisure. It was such a warm atmosphere the staff were superb I can not say enough but "Thank You"

Room Tip: lake view rooms great sunset!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am glad you and your team enjoyed your stay with us, as brief as it was. We enjoy that our guests feel welcome at our property, and like to see them taking advantage of our oversized lobby. My staff and I thank you for your kind words and hope to see you next year.
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 April 2014

First the rooms were clean and I noticed that they had just finished updating the rooms. The renovations were a great change from the other Hotels I have been in on my Vacation. My Husband and I enjoyed the view of the pond. Just sorry we didn't have a chance to walk to it because of the weather. We have marked this Hotel as a much return.

Room Tip: I would tell all my friends if you are ever in the neighborhood of this Hotel it I a must to stop in...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for leaving us your thoughts about our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement and look forward to your next visit
Saline, Michigan
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Husband & I stayed here on March 1, 2014. We called ahead as we were driving thru a snowstorm. Upon our arrival, late at night, we were greeted by huge rolls of carpeting in the lobby, a room on the second floor with no elevator (which we changed), torn furniture, stained carpeting, no pictures on the wall, and shower fixtures that were not secured to the wall. The manager claimed that they were "under renovation" but had not mentioned this prior to our arrival. Don't waste your time or $$ on this property!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa M
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We value each guest’s feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy stay at my property. Yes it is true we are under a big renovation. We are replacing the carpet, furniture, painting the entire rooms as well as replacing our art work at the same time. And unfortunately the weather has not been nice to us and at the time we receive our brand new carpeting we were not able to have the carpet cut and store probably and the big rolls only fit in our lobby. It is my hope that you would give us a second chance and stay with us after all of our renovation is complete.
Dwight, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed here several times before and it has always been enjoyable. The staff is very pleasant, the hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The pool/hot tub area is always enjoyable. Every other year an organization I belong to has their awards banquet in Chesterton and we always get a block of rooms at this Hotel for our group. This facility has always been very accommodating and my reservation is always there with no problems and the room is always very nice! Thank you Indian Oaks for helping to make this years Banquet weekend an enjoyable one!

Room Tip: There is no elevator - might want to stay downstairs if you have a lot of luggage or ask for help on...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Neil p, General Manager at Best Western Indian Oak, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that my staff made your stay with us very enjoyable. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement, and look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
#1 of 1 in Porter
Hampton Inn Portage
Hampton Inn Portage
#3 of 10 in Portage

Been to Best Western Indian Oak? Share your experiences!