“Mediocre - Would not Recommend” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Indian Oak

BEST WESTERN Indian Oak
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
“Mediocre - Would not Recommend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel due to its lack of cleanliness and its mediocre breakfast and service. We stayed there one night. We did like the sitting areas in the room and in the lobby because we stayed with friends and we were able to visit. However, one night was enough. I was disappointed with the hotel which I now consider pricey for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at my property. Yes it is true our rooms are oversized with a pull out couch in them, and makes it really nice to visit. Our spacious lobby is nice as well to have visitors come and visit with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Traverse City, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel was clean, staff polite and professional. Parking was open and well lighted. Rooms was comfortable and A/C worked well. Breakfast was suficient with breads, cereals, boiled eggs, sausage and waffles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We value each guest’s feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am happy to hear that my staff made you feel welcome at our hotel. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement and look forward to your next visit.
St. Louis, Mo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This place was very clean, filled with friendly, helpful staff and has a great indoor pool, deck, fitness center and comfortable beds. We will definitely recommend this place to others! There is a beach about 8 min. from the hotel and the staff gave us many suggestions, directions and went out of their way to make our stay wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

It had been awhile since staying at a Best Western but this one didn't disappoint. We took advantage of a discount from being a Harley rider and enjoyed our stay. You can tell the rooms must have been recetnly updated becasue everything in them seemed very new. They appeared to take their time and did the room up nice. The bathroom while having some new fictures looks like they could have used a little better painter but that's being picky.
We stayed here because it's just down the road (5 mins) from Indiana Dunes State park. Very nice place to visit and real close by.
Our breakfast was acceptable and plenty to eat, while not the best I've had at hotels more than enough to get you fill. The staff I worked with were both friendly and helpful. They even had the abiltiy to get a drink if you wished at a very small bar. I didn't use the pool but looking at it, it seemed clean. You have a great veiw of a small lake out back. Overall nice stay and if back in the area I would return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that my staff made your stay with us very enjoyable. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement, and look forward to your next visit.
Chesterton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed here on a regular basis over the past 5 years and have always enjoyed it. The owner has just recently completed an extensive upgrade in all the rooms. The location is great with easy access to I-80 and I-94. Plenty of excellent eateries in walking distance and Lake Michigan is only a few miles away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for leaving us your thoughts about our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement and look forward to your next visit.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very Clean in the rooms, entryway and breakfast room, balconies to watch the ducks & ducklings with a pond in the back where you could walk, along with a large deck, very good breakfast and the staff were very helpful. A great place to have a reception or conference.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Kokomo, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on a business trip. I had a room facing the lake. The rooms have been renovated and are nice. The pool, hot tub, and sauna were decent and enjoyable. The location of the hotel is great and there are lots of food options nearby. I enjoyed the lake view and the many birds that were around. The only thing that needs some work is the breakfast. The eggs were rubbery and the food bland. Only other negative I can think of was the constant noise from trains going by which can be very loud. Overall this was a very pleasant stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Portage Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter

Been to BEST WESTERN Indian Oak? Share your experiences!