“Not a bad place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chesterton
North Manchester, United States
“Not a bad place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Not the most ideal location from IN-49 and the older smell in the hallways aren't the best points of this property. I was surprised that it was priced more than $100/night. The hot breakfast was good, although I had to grab something and go. I wasn't impressed by the lake outside because it was dirty on the edge. I know what they were trying to accomplish but it didn't fully succeed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Michael D
Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Being right off highway 49 does have some negative sides to it, like having to hear the traffic every once in awhile. The lake right outside our property is used more by all the wild life that like to frequent our little town. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement, and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff at this location are very nice everybody was so caring first thing this morning my kids and I came down stairs to have breakfast we got a good morning. Breakfast was ok.
The pool is very nice and big and really clean. The chlorine levels were a bit high though. The rooms were nice and comfy completed with a mini fridge and microwave.
Overall a very nice stay thank you best western we will return on our next stay to the dunes :)

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff made your stay very pleasant. We do have a very large pool on property. I do apologize about the chlorine levels being high. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement, and look forward to your next visit.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

For the money this hotel is a great value. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The Wifi works great. Make sure you ask for a Lake side room. The lake is absolutely lovely. The ducks, geese, gulls are all around and you can feed them out of your hands. They have a great pool that is never crowded.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement, and look forward to your next visit.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel due to its lack of cleanliness and its mediocre breakfast and service. We stayed there one night. We did like the sitting areas in the room and in the lobby because we stayed with friends and we were able to visit. However, one night was enough. I was disappointed with the hotel which I now consider pricey for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at my property. Yes it is true our rooms are oversized with a pull out couch in them, and makes it really nice to visit. Our spacious lobby is nice as well to have visitors come and visit with you.
Traverse City, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel was clean, staff polite and professional. Parking was open and well lighted. Rooms was comfortable and A/C worked well. Breakfast was suficient with breads, cereals, boiled eggs, sausage and waffles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We value each guest’s feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am happy to hear that my staff made you feel welcome at our hotel. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement and look forward to your next visit.
St. Louis, Mo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This place was very clean, filled with friendly, helpful staff and has a great indoor pool, deck, fitness center and comfortable beds. We will definitely recommend this place to others! There is a beach about 8 min. from the hotel and the staff gave us many suggestions, directions and went out of their way to make our stay wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for leaving us your thoughts about our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement and look forward to your next visit
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

It had been awhile since staying at a Best Western but this one didn't disappoint. We took advantage of a discount from being a Harley rider and enjoyed our stay. You can tell the rooms must have been recetnly updated becasue everything in them seemed very new. They appeared to take their time and did the room up nice. The bathroom while having some new fictures looks like they could have used a little better painter but that's being picky.
We stayed here because it's just down the road (5 mins) from Indiana Dunes State park. Very nice place to visit and real close by.
Our breakfast was acceptable and plenty to eat, while not the best I've had at hotels more than enough to get you fill. The staff I worked with were both friendly and helpful. They even had the abiltiy to get a drink if you wished at a very small bar. I didn't use the pool but looking at it, it seemed clean. You have a great veiw of a small lake out back. Overall nice stay and if back in the area I would return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Neil p, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Indian Oak, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that my staff made your stay with us very enjoyable. My staff and I thank you very much for your review and encouragement, and look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterton
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to BEST WESTERN Indian Oak? Share your experiences!