“Tiny but tasty”

Ranked #8 of 67 Restaurants in Chesterton
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Tiny but tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Yes, Lucrezia's is tiny but if it's great taste and good portions of Northern Italian dishes you're after, this is the place. It is tiny and popular so be aware of a wait on weekend evenings. Also be aware that a nice variety of specials are offered but they're on rather small chalkboards. Your server will bring the chalkboard to your table if you've difficulty reading it. Now for the food - simply delicious. After a bowl (and it's a bowl not a cup) of potato soup, I had the fettuccine salmon in lemon dill sauce and my wife had one of the day's specials, Pork Rotolo. Both entrees were excellent -served piping hot. The portions were such that we'll each be repeating the meal at home. Unfortunately, we were too full to try the desserts. BTW, at lunchtime, one may order half portions of the pastas. Only one small minor complaint - soft drinks are served from a can although attentive servers keep your glass full with the proper amount of ice. This is a first clss place for a special meal.

• Visited November 2013

Paulding, Ohio
“WOW - fresh ingredients were obvious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

we ate here on Fri. Oct. 25th. I had the veal/lamb cannolini. the sauce (red tangy Mediterranean) was the BEST I've had in my life. and i'm not a huge tomato fan! service was great. prices were reasonable. they allowed us to share a salad starter with no upcharge! everyone very friendly and courteous. my wife's special entree of the night was also well liked by her!

• Visited October 2013
“Smoking allowed?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

As usual, the food was great. Allowing smokers to pollute the patio dining area, however, is a deal-breaker. I asked our waitress and the hostess about it. They said they get lots of complaints about it, but smoking is permitted in the patio dining area. I thought the new law in Indiana took care of that. Guess not...

• Visited August 2013
chicago
“this place is awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

So,the bartender was great-friendly and helpful -after that all downhill!So I went to sit outside(they said they had an outside waiting area) and the woman said I couldn't sit outside as it was against the law(there were other people sitting out there)- So she relented! and we sat and talked to nice people and then we got seated.The waitress was rude and unfriendly and basically ignored us. Then we ordered.We had bruschetta(not good), tomato and onion salad(awful), an awful pasta(mushroom purses), and my husband ordered chicken vesuvio (which we never got) The napkins are paper and they take your used utensils and dump them on the table next to you,we also had to beg for water. Sorry I don't recommend this place and I like Chesterton and Valpo.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank annlan
Atlanta, Georgia
“Italian in Chesteron, IN”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

OK, the food was decent. A little on the high end for the town but it was a nice restaurant. I ordered the pork loin, not my first choice but apparently they were out of chicken. I preferred to order the chicken marsala that was not on the menu instead they had veal marsala. The waitress stated that if they had chicken cutlets in the kitchen they would try to accommodate me, but as I expected I was told they were out of chicken which I found hard to believe. I was with a large group and sat on the patio outdoors when I returned home my legs were destroyed by mosquito bites. We requested citronella candles and were offered off repellent instead. They could not seperate the checks so if here on business and your company requires itemized receipts be prepared.

• Visited June 2013