“Clean, Close to Louisville, and Awesome Staff”

Candlewood Suites Louisville North
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here one night when we were in town to watch the night races at Churchhill. The hotel is very clean, modern and I would assume built within the last two years. The bed was super comfy and the pillows were really nice. As a side, note that most Candlewood Suites only have Queen size beds, if you are traveling with a partner you may want to consider that fact.

The hotel is really close to Louisville. I think it took us maybe 15 minutes to get to the track. It was pretty much a straight shot, and b/c we stayed on the north side of the river our room was at least fifty dollars cheaper. There are a bunch of chain restaurants next to the hotel (O'Charley's, Logan's, Outback, Bob Evans), which worked well for us. This hotel doesn't serve breakfast so it was nice to be close to morning options.

The best thing about this hotel though was the staff. We left really early in the morning and I stupidly forgot all of my jewelry on top of the dresser. Needless to say my partner was less than thrilled two hours later when I realized I had left thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of birthday/anniversary/Christmas presents at our hotel. In a panic I called the hotel, and WOW. Staff responded so incredibly. While I was on the phone with the clerk she ran up to our room, with me on the phone, and located the jewelry.

We promptly high tailed it back to the hotel, two hours later we arrived. The clerk had wrapped up the jewelry to make sure none of the chains got tangled and the earrings didn't get misplaced. She knew who I was the moment I walked into the hotel (I must have looked panicked). She was super nice and so wonderful I contemplated giving her a hug.

This was a great hotel, made more amazing by staff's willingness to help me in locating some very valuable and sentimental jewelry. While I generally try to believe in the inherent goodness and honesty of others my partner is less inclined--he too exclaimed how pleased he was to know the jewelry was still where I had mistakenly left it.

Awesome stay, awesome staff and I left (the second time) eternally grateful!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were driving from IN to TN and were planning on staying in Lexington, but hit construction and had a crabby kid who wouldn't sleep in the car, so we tried to find an option to stop earlier than planned. Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to give Candlewood in Clarksville a try and were glad we did. We booked a 2 queen studio suite over the phone through national reservations, but when we arrived at hotel about 10 min later, we were informed that there were none of that room type available, so would upgrade us to a full suite. This was a separate bedroom with king bed and pull out couch that worked fine for our 9 yro son. The room was quiet and spacious. We didn't use the kitchen at all since we were there just overnight. The only issue we had was logging onto their internet; the password was case sensitive and was not written down for us correctly. After 2 calls to front desk and several attempts at various ways of spelling it, we finally were able to connect. It was fairly decent speed internet. The only other downside was no free breakfast, which most in this price range have, but many of them aren't very good anyway, so wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, free laundry, full kitchen, pool, gym. What's not to like? This particular candle wood is within walking distance of an Outback Steakhouse, and blocks from a large mall and major shopping (sam's Club, Walmart, best buy, etc). Very convenient when needing to shop for groceries while on the road. We stay here every time we're in Louisville, never encounter issues with our room, etc.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I was needing a weekend room for a downtown Louisville continuing education course. All the downtown Louisville hotels were very pricey and since I had previously lived in southern Indiana, this stays seemed quite appropriate. I checked in very late and was greeted by the staff enthusiastically. Since most of their guest for long-term residents, I seemed like a bit of a novelty. I was given all the ins and outs by other guests in the lobby, as well as the staff who made me feel quite comfortable. The room itself was comfortable and rather large with the small kitchen fully furnished as well as a small pantry for items such as peanut Butter, fresh fruit, milk and sodas. They did not offer a free breakfast, however I had joined as a member and was entitled to snacks which I used that morning for my breakfast. Overall I was quite comfortable and pleased and I would recommend this for an easy downtown excess with free parking for anyone needing a weekend day or longer stay in the Louisville or the Southern Indiana area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Derek S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear pinkmoongirl,

Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent experience while staying with us. We love to hear feedback from our guests on how their stay was. I am glad that you liked the layout of our rooms and the location of our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here for several days, during a group motorcycle event. Every room that I saw was clean & well-appointed. The kitchenettes are in great shape. The bed was comfortable (the best one on my trip, for certain.)

Five-star rating, though, is for the staff. EVERYONE was friendly and helpful, and our event ran smoothly with their assistance! The hotel offers a shuttle service into downtown Louisville, a backyard patio with propane grills for cooking outdoors, an indoor swimming pool, a small gym, and a laundromat (our group managed to take advantage of all of these offerings at one time or another.)

Rates are reasonable, and I would gladly stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Booinla,

Thank you very much for taking time to rate your experience that you recieved while staying with us. It is always nice to hear from our guests on how we are performing. We strive to deliver exceptional customer service and I am glad that you enjoyed our staff. We loved having you and the other group of bikers and hope that you come back again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great stay. Super clean. will stay here again and recommend it to any.

We stayed here on our way to the east coast. We were able to have our little Chi with us with no issues.

The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. It is suites so we were able to cook our own dinner which was nice.

The only thing I would suggest is to shut off the ice maker when you head to bed so you don't hear it drop.

Great place! love it.

Room Tip: Excellent stay. The lady behind the desk was extrememely nice and the place was super clean. Loved...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Derek S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

llco87,

Thank your for your kind review of your recent stay with us. The housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure that the hotel remains clean at all times. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel. I will share your review with my staff as it helps to show them what impact they have on the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've stayed in a few places in Clarksville, IN, as my sons lives there. So far, this was the best place. Check in was great. In order to accommodate us with rooms next to each other, they upgraded us at no charge. Everything was very clean and modern. We were all able to swim in the indoor pool, also clean and a very nice temperature. And we loved the "Pantry", especially for a late night snack. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They usually don't do housekeeping everyday, as this is an extended stay; however, they always s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Artelrb5655,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting your sons. We always strive to make each guest feel like they are right at home while staying with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our indoor swimming pool. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay and we hope you come back and see us soon! It has been a pleasure having you as a guest!

Candlewood Suites - Louisville North

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
Best Western Green Tree Inn
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#2 of 7 in Clarksville
Radisson Hotel Louisville North
Hampton Inn Louisville-North/Clarksville
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Clarksville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites Louisville North? Share your experiences!