We stayed here one night when we were in town to watch the night races at Churchhill. The hotel is very clean, modern and I would assume built within the last two years. The bed was super comfy and the pillows were really nice. As a side, note that most Candlewood Suites only have Queen size beds, if you are traveling with a partner you may want to consider that fact.
The hotel is really close to Louisville. I think it took us maybe 15 minutes to get to the track. It was pretty much a straight shot, and b/c we stayed on the north side of the river our room was at least fifty dollars cheaper. There are a bunch of chain restaurants next to the hotel (O'Charley's, Logan's, Outback, Bob Evans), which worked well for us. This hotel doesn't serve breakfast so it was nice to be close to morning options.
The best thing about this hotel though was the staff. We left really early in the morning and I stupidly forgot all of my jewelry on top of the dresser. Needless to say my partner was less than thrilled two hours later when I realized I had left thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of birthday/anniversary/Christmas presents at our hotel. In a panic I called the hotel, and WOW. Staff responded so incredibly. While I was on the phone with the clerk she ran up to our room, with me on the phone, and located the jewelry.
We promptly high tailed it back to the hotel, two hours later we arrived. The clerk had wrapped up the jewelry to make sure none of the chains got tangled and the earrings didn't get misplaced. She knew who I was the moment I walked into the hotel (I must have looked panicked). She was super nice and so wonderful I contemplated giving her a hug.
This was a great hotel, made more amazing by staff's willingness to help me in locating some very valuable and sentimental jewelry. While I generally try to believe in the inherent goodness and honesty of others my partner is less inclined--he too exclaimed how pleased he was to know the jewelry was still where I had mistakenly left it.
Awesome stay, awesome staff and I left (the second time) eternally grateful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Louisville North hotel features a premier location just four miles from downtown Louisville in Clarksville, IN. Spend time in the hotel's heated indoor pool for a night of relaxation or travel just seconds away and shop at the Greentree Mall for the day. You can always count on the convenience of being close to major businesses, retailers, and restaurants without worrying about the heavy traffic in downtown. Kentucky visitors looking for Louisville hotels with free Wi-Fi access need look no further. Offering premier business amenities, like a boardroom-style meeting space, the hotel provides corporate guests with the tools they need to be successful. This Clarksville, IN hotel's location allows for easy access to Norton Healthcare, Jewish Hospital, and Clark & Floyd Memorial Hospitals. When you're visiting Kentucky, the staff at this Louisville hotel's facility can help direct you to nearby attractions, like the home of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. Check out the giant baseball bat replica building at the Louisville Slugger Museum where you can tour the manufacturing process of this legendary bat. Guests feel right at home thanks to a free guest laundry facility and a convenient 24-hour Fitness Center. Come and enjoy the welcoming surroundings of this extended-stay, 100% nonsmoking hotel in Clarksville, Indiana. Make your reservations today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Candlewood Suites Louisville North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Louisville North Hotel Clarksville
- Candlewood Suites Clarksville