“Very well cooked ribs”

Add it.
Mark's Feed Store Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We tried both Bardstown Road (second visit - been there earlier in the year) and the new one on Charlestown Road, Clarksville, Indiana
Food at Charlestown Road was better cooked - the ribs were amazing; you must try the deep fried corn and I really enjoyed their Mark's Feedstore Root beer.

Bardstown Road (Louisville) is in a more traditional neighbourhood and has a more rustic rib shack feel.
Service was fantastic at this one - ribs had a little less sauce (and their sauce is amazing).

Anyway - if you're near one and love ribs you must give it a go.

I'm UK - working in US 3-4 times a year and aim to find good steak and ribs on a trip. Mark's had me visiting twice in the six nights I was there.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were visiting New Albany, Indiana for a family reunion with my husband's family. When they said they had ordered food from Mark's Feed Store I laughed out loud at the name. Of course I'm thinking cow and horse feed. "Oh no," I was told. "This is the best BBQ you've ever tasted. And once you've had their Potato Salad and Buttermilk Pie, nothing else will compare. " So I stuck my fork into my first helping of Pork/Chicken shreds covered with BBQ sauce and was like OMG. Then I put my fork into my helping of Potato Salad and realized something immediately. That I had better get up and put more on my plate, because they were right- this was the BEST Potato Salad I have EVER had. Yes the Buttermilk Pie was splendid - but that Potato Salad was the absolute BEST ever. B.E.S.T. ever.
I've now learned never to argue with my husband's Midwestern family, especially when it comes to good BBQ.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

In this area of the country, the "Gateway to the South," as it is called, it can be difficult to find food that is not only tasty (that's the easy part!), but healthy. Mark's Feed Store Bar-B-Q is a place that combines the two. Granted, there are plenty of not-so-good-for-you items on the menu, but you can order bar-b-q chicken, which is high in flavor and low in fat, with a baked sweet potato (skip the cinnamon buttery stuff) and cole slaw, and have a very delicious, quick and healthful meal that qualifies for any heart-healthy or anti-inflammatory diet around. You won't feel like you're cheating yourself. Lots of protein in the chicken, fresh crunch in the salad, and all the anti-oxidants in the freshly baked sweet potato, which will not bog you down like the delicious but devilish baked white potato. Go, eat, don't feel guilty about having a delicious meal!

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I hope this is the right place since the one we visited was in New Albany, IN. The picture looks right, so I assume it is the same place. Anyway, on our way to Florida, we stopped here for a bite to eat. We chose this place because Mark’s Feed Store was listed in a book titled, "500 things to eat before it's too late." The featured item was Burgoo, so just had to try it. It was a stew-like dish, as described in the book. It was tasty and filling; I would get it again. We also ordered the crispy chicken salad which was very good. Our server, Janie, was attentive without being intrusive; just right. The manager, Dave, stopped by the table and we explained why we sought out this particular restaurant. He gave each of us a souvenir of our visit. While the food was good enough to warrant a return trip, the most remarkable aspect of this restaurant was the welcoming, employee friendly, family-friendly, kick-back and relax, atmosphere that permeated the place. All of which is sign of happy employees and very good management. Well done Dave and staff!!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Never had a bad meal. Home town and they treat you right. The pulled pork is awesome, melts in your mouth. I love the meaty ribs, and the chicken is very good, and I don't even like chicken.