“good for the night we needed”

Radisson Hotel Louisville North
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed 14 April 2014

just needed one night to relax before heading to TN. Front desk nice, rooms great! location surrounding is very deceiving - I would not walk around the area with my friends or alone at all...ever. Close to downtown. Would give a 4 if the bartender /waiter didn't act like it was his first night on any job so don't expect great service from the bar / restaurant. Pool was outstanding!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsT93

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was under construction while we were their so the dust got to my allergies. Was wantin to use the pool with the kids but the chemicals were messed up so couldn't use the pool for the two days we were their. The part of te hotel that was finished was great I would defiantly try it again for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Aprildecker79
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was nice and the location was great. An unfortunate event happened there on 4/8/14 during our stay. I feel some sort of compensation should have been offered to the guests that were there during that event. After driving nearly 12 hours, arriving around 1:30 am and finally getting in bed at 3:30 am, we were awakened by the hotel staff banging on our doors screaming "Fire! Get out of the hotel!" Needless to say, it was an accident and I am not blaming anyone there. This kind of stuff does happen. However, my daughter was tired, freaked out and afraid to go back to sleep. When she did go back to sleep that night, she had nightmares of burning to death in a hotel fire. I stayed in a hotel room once that didn't have hot water and they gave me two free nights as an apology and to "make it right." I don't know that I would ever choose to stay at this Clarion location again, especially since the fire alarms did NOT go off. I am grateful to the staff for waking everyone up, but had the fire been more serious, it could have been catastrophic.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a first floor room with a patio. The sliding glass door may be your escape route...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SandyfromSC
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel while enroute from WI to FL and it was a good stopping point when we couldn't drive any further. This was the weirdest layout of any hotel I have ever stayed at. You had to walk forever to get to your room - around corners, a maze of hallways, through many doors - all the while hauling all your luggage this distance. It took 10 minutes for the three people behind the desk to even acknowledge we were there waiting to check in. They seemed more concerned with ordering a pizza for someone and counting quarters in their register. Never even looked up until we said something. It was an ok place to lay our heads for the night but I would not have wanted to stay any longer than that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

I do apologize that my front desk didn't take care of you like they should when you were here. I have informed that shift about this situation and I believe it will never happen again. We do have a large layout here with 353 rooms and 15 banquet rooms. So I am sorry that your stay at our hotel was not enjoyable for your. Please if you feel like you would like to talk more about the situation you can give me a call here at the hotel. Hope you are having or had a good time in Florida.
812-283-4411
Michelle S

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a very large hotel. Our room was in the tall part which was hard to find and when you got there the parking lot was on the opposite end of the hall from the elevator. Parking was very far away from this part of the hotel. Rooms are nothing like those pictured. Very, very dated. Squishy beds and generally I like squishy but you sink into the middle. I had to unplug a lamp to plug the coffee maker in. Only one unused outlet on the entire room for charging things. Hallways awful. Elevator scary. Paint on furniture pealing. I have no idea how this hotel has been rated so well.

Stayed: March 2014

I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. We are definitely not known for that. I am sure you saw the many updates we are doing throughout the hotel to better serve our guests. We will be starting on our hotel hallways this spring. We couldn't do them during the winter because of all the snow plus salt that would have been tracked in. Also I would like for you to give me a call so I can talk to you first hand about your experience. We here do not want anyone to leave unhappy. Looking forward to hearing from you. Talk to you soon.
812-283-4411
gm.in043@choicehotels.com
Michelle S.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The pros: the sheets are super soft, beds are comfortable, ice convenient, lighting is better than most places, heat lamp in the bathroom, heating/cooling is quiet and keeps a consistent temperature, maintenance staff polite and very competent, rooms are pleasantly decorated but not overdone, towels are soft and clean

Cons: my key card didn't work TWICE, had to lug all my luggage back and forth from the room to the front desk three times then wait outside my room for 15 minutes to wait for maintenance, wi-fi is weak and has to be constantly re-logged in, house cleaning staff very noisy (make sure you put your sign out), our room was next to the connecting hallway which has a brick floor...which is where the housecleaning staff and luggage draggers travel, making for a noisy stay.

Overall, a hard place to stay for a weary traveler trying to get some sleep. Would be an awesome place for a wedding party or longer term stay. Has a wonderful indoor pool area and restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robynn O
Vickie Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you very much for the comments. I do apologize about the noise level and Wi-Fi inconsistency you had but glad you had a great stay at the Clarion Hotel. Hope to see you again in the future when you can stay longer to enjoy all our amenities. Water park will open at the end of May. See you again soon.
Michelle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Hampton Inn Louisville-North/Clarksville
Galt House Hotel
Galt House Hotel
#31 of 102 in Louisville

Been to Radisson Hotel Louisville North? Share your experiences!