Radisson Hotel Louisville North
US$43
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor poolbreakfast buffetprime ribderby dinnersmall lakemini golfan older hotelclose to downtownohio riveracross the riverstaff was very friendlynice place to staystayed one nightking bedlouisvillewaterparkconstruction
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Got this hotel on priceline for about 30% less than what they charged for a night. Two rooms. Both were in the I-Wing. It's a wing that is clearly an after thought. It's old, smells heavily of purfume used to cover up old smoking rooms and it's just rough around the edges. The sink in one of our rooms was cracked - they fixed it by caulking the UNDERside of the sink to keep it from leaking. Seriously? Further, the common areas like the pool, work out room, etc. are also crusty. The workout room has equipment that dates back to the 70's. The door to get in wouldn't even open without kicking it. The lobby is the nicest part of the building, but it's just a bit above average. The bar is a scary area to be in. We had one beer and left. Worse still? There is nothing around the hotel in the way of a restaurant, grocery store, etc. Scary. We took a cab down to 4th street live in Louisville - nice area. I guess it's the "roll of the dice" on Priceline, but this is the worst I've had before. Those rating it higher must be in the newer section that was just remodeled and must not have been into the gym area or the rest of the common grounds.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank shumax
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'm writing this a half an hour after check in while contemplating sleeping in my car. My wife, two children, and I drove 16 hours from Florida and needed to stop somewhere for some rest. Checking in at 1:30 am, and planning to complete our drive home the next morning, we opted for a lower cost option for hotel stay. We got what we paid for. The hallway to the room smells very strong of cleaner, or mildew, or cleaner to cover the smell of mildew. The room smelled even stronger and the floor was damp. My seven year old has been holding his nose since we got here and asking repeatedly if we can leave. My four year old asked that we please not stay here because it stinks so bad. There is a large hole in the shower covered with tape! The tub spout is about to fall of, and the stopper for the drain was laying loose in the bottom of the tub. The beds feel damp and grimy. I'm going to try and get a few hours sleep and stick with hotels I know from here on out. Lesson learned, and hopefully I can prevent others from making the mistake of staying in this dump.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Griffith76
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this motel from the first time this year as we travel here each year for ballgames. We always stay at Choice Hotels, but I will have to say that we have been disappointed with this motel. The rates are much higher due to the fact that they obviously do not accept special rates from outside significant organizations. I went to get a newspaper two mornings and there were none, and I was told that they only order 25 a day because they 'don't put them at each room anymore'. For a hotel this size, 25 is NOT a significant amount of papers. We will not return here in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annexed part of the motel. The rooms on the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had read other reviews stating bad services, shabby interior and dingy sheets. I think those peopple stayed elsewhere. The Clarion has recently been remodeled. Our stay was smooth, quiet and comfortable. We had a clean room with new everything. It also came with free wi-fi.

The hotel was very close to both restaurants and shopping centers.

Even though two conventions were going on, it did not impact the caliber of service. The breakfast buffet is ten dollars on weekends, but well worth it, Stay with confidence.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I read the reviews of this hotel prior to arriving. I can say that they were pretty accurate. So far our stay has been very nice. This is an old hotel, but they are working on it and the remodeling so far is excellent. We ate in the hotel restaurant our first night. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced. Our waitress, Sam, was very good. The only issue we have encountered was the lack of replenishing the coffee and cups supply. I reported this to the front desk and they were brought up within 5 minutes. Sure can't complain about that! The location is great if you want to spend time in Louisville, KY. However, at this time the traffic can be slow due to construction on the bridges over the Ohio River. Timing is everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends