Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
Minooka, Illinois
“nice lobby”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

the staff was nice the lobby was nice, but the hallway was dirty, smelly and the room was old not to dirty. gum on the headboard. would not stay here again. The only reason we stayed was because it was late. They need to spend more money on the rooms instead of the lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Knox, Indiana
Reviewed 12 August 2014

They have all the potential in the world. Huge Place, plenty of parking. It would be great for a family as a halfway point to Florida. Their pool looked fun, the lobby was very nice, their's a restaurant on site, and the staff was very helpful. However we were located in building K, which was not up to par. We stayed Saturday night for the PGA event at Valhalla Golf Club August 9th, 2014. The bathroom was tight, and in rough shape. Not very much counter space. The pillows we had were Half-size pillows, and were broken down pretty bad. The stairwell, and the elevator to get in and out of the building were in need of a good pressure wash, and a coat of paint. The room needs updating as well. I was not impressed with this place at all. To be clear, I was not horrified by this place, and if in a pinch I would stay there, but at 140 per night, I would definitely be looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid Building K.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Got this hotel on priceline for about 30% less than what they charged for a night. Two rooms. Both were in the I-Wing. It's a wing that is clearly an after thought. It's old, smells heavily of purfume used to cover up old smoking rooms and it's just rough around the edges. The sink in one of our rooms was cracked - they fixed it by caulking the UNDERside of the sink to keep it from leaking. Seriously? Further, the common areas like the pool, work out room, etc. are also crusty. The workout room has equipment that dates back to the 70's. The door to get in wouldn't even open without kicking it. The lobby is the nicest part of the building, but it's just a bit above average. The bar is a scary area to be in. We had one beer and left. Worse still? There is nothing around the hotel in the way of a restaurant, grocery store, etc. Scary. We took a cab down to 4th street live in Louisville - nice area. I guess it's the "roll of the dice" on Priceline, but this is the worst I've had before. Those rating it higher must be in the newer section that was just remodeled and must not have been into the gym area or the rest of the common grounds.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank shumax
Clarksville, IN
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'm writing this a half an hour after check in while contemplating sleeping in my car. My wife, two children, and I drove 16 hours from Florida and needed to stop somewhere for some rest. Checking in at 1:30 am, and planning to complete our drive home the next morning, we opted for a lower cost option for hotel stay. We got what we paid for. The hallway to the room smells very strong of cleaner, or mildew, or cleaner to cover the smell of mildew. The room smelled even stronger and the floor was damp. My seven year old has been holding his nose since we got here and asking repeatedly if we can leave. My four year old asked that we please not stay here because it stinks so bad. There is a large hole in the shower covered with tape! The tub spout is about to fall of, and the stopper for the drain was laying loose in the bottom of the tub. The beds feel damp and grimy. I'm going to try and get a few hours sleep and stick with hotels I know from here on out. Lesson learned, and hopefully I can prevent others from making the mistake of staying in this dump.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Griffith76
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this motel from the first time this year as we travel here each year for ballgames. We always stay at Choice Hotels, but I will have to say that we have been disappointed with this motel. The rates are much higher due to the fact that they obviously do not accept special rates from outside significant organizations. I went to get a newspaper two mornings and there were none, and I was told that they only order 25 a day because they 'don't put them at each room anymore'. For a hotel this size, 25 is NOT a significant amount of papers. We will not return here in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annexed part of the motel. The rooms on the back are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had read other reviews stating bad services, shabby interior and dingy sheets. I think those peopple stayed elsewhere. The Clarion has recently been remodeled. Our stay was smooth, quiet and comfortable. We had a clean room with new everything. It also came with free wi-fi.

The hotel was very close to both restaurants and shopping centers.

Even though two conventions were going on, it did not impact the caliber of service. The breakfast buffet is ten dollars on weekends, but well worth it, Stay with confidence.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I read the reviews of this hotel prior to arriving. I can say that they were pretty accurate. So far our stay has been very nice. This is an old hotel, but they are working on it and the remodeling so far is excellent. We ate in the hotel restaurant our first night. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced. Our waitress, Sam, was very good. The only issue we have encountered was the lack of replenishing the coffee and cups supply. I reported this to the front desk and they were brought up within 5 minutes. Sure can't complain about that! The location is great if you want to spend time in Louisville, KY. However, at this time the traffic can be slow due to construction on the bridges over the Ohio River. Timing is everything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Candlewood Suites Louisville North
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Jeffersonville

Been to Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North? Share your experiences!