“Tired Looking but no complaints”

Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cloverdale
Reviewed 11 October 2013

One night stay. First impression on entering was that it was old and tired looking. However room was o.k. and breakfast was good. There was no bar in the room or any facilities to grab a beer if wanted. Staff was efficient.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear MAJ_Dave44,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you appreciate our hotel rooms and enjoyed breakfast. However, we were disappointed to read that you found the condition of the property and hotel amenities less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate the feedback as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Zelyn N

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great experience as always! This was my second time staying at this hotel. Customer service was spot on from the minute we walked in until we left. Front desk staff made us feel welcome, room was super clean and had no issues at all. We enjoyed the indoor pool a lot. Hotel is very close to the highway and within walking distance of three different fast food restaurants as well as three different sit down restaurants. Breakfast was good and much better than other hotels. Will definatly be back at some point.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have began to enjoy my stays at HIE's more and more often. They stay fairly consistent and you learn what to expect. This property is up to standard and I was very pleased at how professional, cheery and helpful the front desk staff was. They really made me feel welcome right at check in.
The only down size is that you can't see it from the main road. I passed it twice and didn't even notice a hotel sign from the Main Street.
HINT: It's behind the Taco Bell...waaaaay back there.
However, this is where I will stay if I return to the area. The room was very clean and everything worked like a charm. BTW, Never saw a single bug of any kind.

Room Tip: Not much to eat in the area. They have 2 or three restaurants that I saw in Cloverdale. A Mexican re...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed one quick night as we needed a place to lay our head down at night while we had guests staying at our very small weekend house on nearby Cagles Mill Lake because they were assisting my husband with some updates. We didn't arrive until approximately 10:00 at night on the weekend of the brickyard so it was surprisingly full. The building seems very cheaply built....lots of noise from doors shutting. Because the HIE chain has set the bar so high now with newer buildings this one seems very dated but it was clean. I love all the outlets placed on the lamp bases of the bedside tables but only one of four worked. The outlets were very flimsy and appeared to be to large so that the item being plugged in was too small. The TV channels/TV functioned slow & quirky but we were there only to sleep so not really a big deal for us but might be for others. I did appreciate the bath & body works toiletries as we had forgotten to grab any when we left the house. If you are just passing through on I-70 or visiting college kids at DePauw it is sufficient. The exit has Arby's, McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC, Subway a truck stop restaurant, Value Mart grocery with a great butcher shop & BP gas station. You are also very close to Greencastle which has some non chain dining options. If you like home cooking I recommend The Putnam Inn. If you enjoy nature you need to check out Lieber State Park, Cagles Mill Lake/Cataract Lake & Cataract Falls.

Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Julie G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I apologize if your visit was inconvenienced by the noise levels experienced and if the television's condition in your room was not up to par. We will work on improving on these aspects and we appreciate your feedback as this is our best means of doing so. Despite this, I am glad that you liked our toiletry amenities.

We hope to host you again soon should you be back to the area!

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed Friday through Sunday to visit family and it was a very pleasant stay...we had our problems...but nothing the hotel didn't fix. On our first night my sons found bugs in their bed. My son took pictures and brought the bugs to the counter where they were told to "kill them" and everything will be all right...

The next morning when we complained to the morning staff and told them that our sheets WILL be changed, they discounted the cost of our stay by $10 and moved us to an upgraded room.

We enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast was better then other hotels.

The idea of "going green" sounds good at first...but all bed sheets need to be changed between customers...not just once a week.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Marla C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stay here 6-10 nights per year because my son, daughter-in-law and grand-daughter live near. I seem to be charged a different amount every time I stay here. The price is too high for a HIE. For 7/5/13 and 7/6/13 (Friday and Saturday nights) I was charged $117.65 per night plus $8.24 state tax and $5.88 county tax, making a grand total for two nights $263.54. For just a "few" $ more I can stay at a Hampton Inn in Plainfied, Indiana just up I-70 a few miles. Even the Holiday Inn in Plainfield is cheaper. I cannot understand why the rates are higher here. Unless things change by August 9, my next trip to Indiana, I will be staying in Plainfield.
On the plus side--The desk staff is always very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear panthers2011,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words intended for the front desk staff. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the price you paid. Room rates do vary depending on the market. Although your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Karen G.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Recently visited but my hotel reservation was for a wrong date. It was late but Caitlin at the front desk apologized and proceeded to call and check other hotels in the area until we found a vacancy. After a long day of driving, I give a warm thanks to helping us find a place to sleep in the late hours of the evening with a 10 year old in tow. I would stay any future visit I may have in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Super 8 Cloverdale
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Cloverdale
Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport Plainfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Martinsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cloverdale? Share your experiences!