“Great for business traveler” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Columbus

Residence Inn Columbus
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Great for business traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have stayed at this hotel many times, and am never disappointed. Staff is always extremely friendly and helpful, and will immediately assist if one needs a change in room on check-in, or other requests. Coffee is always available in lobby, even at 4 a.m. when I arise. Evening meals and breakfast I rarely get to appreciate, because of my hours, but when I do partake find them to be typical hotel fare and generally satisfying. The rooms are huge and clean, and have never been disappointed.

Given that I spend approximately 200 nights a year in hotels, have great experience with them, and this particular property is on the top of my list for providing good service, good clean room, and generally everything I need as a business traveler. Plenty of local places to eat and shop as well, and with the generous size kitchenette, I typically cook my own meals in the evenings.

Room Tip: North side rooms are close to Highway 46, alot of traffic noise. Get the other end of hotel if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

First of all, I am a Marriott Platinum Premier member. I stayed in so many Marriott hotels, and i normally think highly about the marriott. However, this one really changed my view on the hotel.

When we go check in, it was 10:00 PM already. Everything is pretty quiet. So we expect a quick check in. However, the staff there has no idea on what to do. She could not even figure out how to make a key and took her 3 tries to get the key made.

When we are asking for a room to be next to each other, she gave us 207 and 209 and told us they are right next to each other. When we got to the room, they are on two ends of the hallway. There is no way this is what we are asking for. When i call to ask her. she said she is not familar with the hotel. Then I ask why don't you look up the floor plan which takes 30 seconds and give us the right information? She said, she just assumed. This is NOT a very responsible answer.

Also, as a Premier member, we are entitled for a suite upgrade. When I ask her, she said they have suites, but not cleaned. I said, we can wait for it since i saw the cleanning lady standing right next to her. She told me no, she will not do this. I cannot understand why she will not do that.

This is just such a bad experience for us with her. The room is fine it is pretty new and clean. All others are a typical Residence Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms are fine. They need some new staff who are more friendly and mature.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jack X
Rockwall TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here many times over past two years. One of my two favorite hotels in Columbus Indiana. Very clean and new. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Rooms are bright and roomy. Like all Res Inns, this one provides free breakfast in the morning and free light dinner/drinks in the evening. However, my suggestion is that you venture out and do business with some of the locally owned restaurants such as Bistro 310, The Garage, Zwanzigz Pizza, Amazing Joe's (great filet mignon), 4th Street Bar & Grill, Joe Willy's, Smith's Row, Pho Shiki, and Ru Yi Asian to name a few.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank TravelsAlot1955
Washington D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed one night while I was in town visiting family, and did not arrive until after midnight. Friendly desk agent greeted me warmly, sped me through the check-in process and let me know that someone would be around all night if I needed anything.

Room was large, very clean and had a great Wi-Fi signal. I could see staying here for several days comfortably due to the large fridge, kitchenette area, well-stocked bathroom and large living room area.

The boxed eggs and greasy sausage patties at the complimentary breakfast left something to be desired, but that's not really why I stayed at this hotel. There are plenty of places to get decent food nearby.

Overall, I had a good experience. I would stay here again if I were to return to Columbus.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Isaac P
Savoy, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I would definitely stay here again. We had two king studio rooms. Great trade through AAA and plenty of room for us: three adults and two children. Check in was easy. Upon arrival, the front desk clerk offered that we might wish to inquire about late check out if we would like it. Since our plan was to relax and let the kids swim in the morning, this was a great option for us.

The rooms are well-appointed: plenty of good pillows, a firm mattress, nice kitchen with a huge refrigerator... Think small end of full size, real Kleenex... Not the cheap stuff you sometimes get in hotels, fluffy towels. Only downside to the studio is that there is one t.v. That has to swivel between the king bed and the sleeper sofa. So, you couldn't have four guests watching t.v. I bed at the same time. There was a large desk, decent size table with two chairs, and plenty of kitchen / entry counter space.

Breakfast spread was also very good, with hot and cold foods, healthy cereals, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, breads, muffins, bagels, waffle stations, eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, coffee, juice, milk, hot tea, hot chocolate.

This place is nice (good quality) and CLEAN! My only possible complaint is that the chlorine in the pool was a little too strong. My kids ended up only swimming for about thirty minutes, because their skin was itching! Otherwise, this place is really great. In a little warmer weather, it would be fun to take advantage of the outdoor spaces, gas fire pit, grill, etc.

If in the area or anyplace nearby, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: 200 or 201 would be end units on the second floor, far from desk, but close to parking. Very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jenniferC-IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed the night while on a weekend trip with my parents in a two bedroom suite. Beds were very comfortable. Full kitchen, dining table and livingroom area. It was sooo relaxing and super clean. Great breakfast also. Will definitely go back when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for two weeks at the beginning of September. This is your typical corporate chain hotel. The suite that I stayed was furnished to a high standard and daily cleaning took place.
The staff were all friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were, again of a high standard. The laundry and drying machines were very useful and reasonable priced.
My only criticism of the hotel would be, although it's location and surrounding are very tidy and scenic, it is approx 4 miles from the main town of Columbus. For evening meals or drinks this usually meant that someone has to drive or a taxi is required.
However this is a very high standard hotel which I would have no problem revisiting or staying there with my family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Courtyard Columbus Tipton Lakes
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh

Been to Residence Inn Columbus? Share your experiences!