“GREAT PLACE”

Residence Inn Columbus
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 15 September 2009

This was my first stay in the area, and I LOVED this place. It was quiet, comfortable, and affordable. The unit I stayed in was a king suite - loved the separate bedroom area with separate doors. The fitness center and pool area were both clean and well maintained. The employees were all friendly and helpful. Would definetely stay again if I was in the area on business.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2009

I cannot add anything positive that has not already been said. The hotel is brand new and pristine, the staff friendly, service excellent, and the location ideal.

As others have said, the furniture/décor is trendy; however, trendy does not equate to comfort. With the exception of the patio and poolroom chairs, we found the furniture to be quite uncomfortable.

We booked into the hotel for 6 nights with our Shih Tzu. Initially, we were very happy that the hotel was so new and pristine. Unfortunately for me, that happiness was short lived. As soon as we walked down the hall, I suspected that I would have problems with the odors from the new carpets, wall coverings, and furniture. The odor in the room was overpowering for me. We kept the windows open all night to no avail. In the morning, I had a severe headache, dizziness, and nausea. I was very disappointed but by 12 PM, I begged my husband to check us out. Thankfully, by evening away from the room I felt better.

The Residence Inn has a $100 per stay pet fee, which we knew about when we booked, although the room directory lists the pet fee as $75. Checking out left us with a one-night rate of $233. I later learned that my husband did not realize that the room odors caused the problem and did not explain that to the desk personnel. I doubt they could have done anything about the situation had they known; presumably all the rooms would have been the same.

We booked the room knowing the policy, but never dreamed this would happen. If you consider staying here and have any kind of chemical sensitivity, I would wait six months for the furnishing’s etc. to “cure”.

We would stay at the hotel again (after 6 mths) if we were in the area without the dog, and I would recommend it to those without a chemical sensitivity.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BritYank
Reviewed 8 August 2009

What an awesome hotel! My husband and I stayed here for one night. We we traveling with our old english bulldog, so we requested a first floor room. The front desk clerk could not have been nicer. The hotel is in a ideal location, close to I-65, but it's a mile down state rd 46, so you don't hear a peep of the highway. There are many restaurants, drugstores, etc in the vicinity so if you need to 'pop-out' for something it won't be a problem.

The decor of this hotel is to die for. The hotel lobby and our individual room were both new, trendy and beautiful. Hubby and I were remarking that aspects of our room were even more modern than our own home! ha ha Fabulous stay! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed here for a national softball tournament and wouldn't have changed a thing. The workers are very friendly and curtious. Hot breakfast, dinner, and complimentary adult beverages in the evenings, which were included in the price of our room, was great and very cost effective for us.
I highly recommend this hotel for your next visit to Columbus!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed here in March to attend a family wedding the very day the Inn opened. Two thumbs up!!! Arrived and 2 am in Columbus IN to check in another Marriott hotel, but it was overbooked. Marriott gave us a free night here at this new Residence Inn, was greeted with smiles (yeah at 2 am) and card key ready to check in. The place is absolutely beautifull and the bed was sooo comfortable, slept like a rock. I found out after getting back home, I left a couple of items in the room. Called the Inn and the items were found and mailed to my home, great service.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We stayed at this motel for 3 weeks and it was absolutely fantastic. We had a two bedroom suite which included a full kitchen, complete with all the amenities!! The motel is new and it is beautifully decorated with top of the line furniture and accessories. A delicious hot breakfast buffet every morning is included and there is a manager's reception Monday thru Thursday which includes a light dinner, beer and wine. They have a beautiful courtyard with a hugh gas grill available to the guests and a gas fire pit to enjoy during those cool evenings. One night, we even roasted hotdogs over the fire and made smores!! We had a great time at the motel, but if your there for the sights, Columbus is just a short drive (15 miles) to the quaint town of Nashville, IN and Columbus has an architectural history that is breath taking and you can take a tour. There are lots of hidden treasures in Columbus and the hotel staff graciously offered suggestions from things to do to places to eat. We will definately be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We stopped in Columbus, IN on our way back to Illinois from South Carolina and found this hotel that a gas station attendant up the street hadn't even heard of. The only reason we discovered it was because the first Mariott (Fairfield Inn) we stopped at was booked up and we asked about other Mariott properties. Wow! This place had only been open 3 weeks, and is beautifully decorated. We were only there on an overnight stay, but our room was wonderful, the free continental breakfast buffet was delicious and we were happy to have found the place. The hotel had ammenities I hadn't seen elsewhere, including basketball and tennis courts and an outdoor grill for grilling out. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Columbus IN area!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Brown County Inn
Brown County Inn
#2 of 7 in Nashville

Been to Residence Inn Columbus? Share your experiences!