“Got stranded in the huge february 2014 winter storm coming from a funeral”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Got stranded in the huge february 2014 winter storm coming from a funeral”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Wow. Staff (susan if i remember correctly) was so helpful! Been outa work for a month so my funds were light. my car broke down while going north 65 at height of the huge winter storm that brought (and still is bringing at time of review) over a foot of snow in a handfullof hours. She gave us ten bucks off the already fair price just because and desite the fact that.all the hotles, inns and motels in columbus, indiana were getting booked from motorists struggling to get through the state. Then the room we were assigned had not been cleaned yet. (stuff happens, didnt make a big deal out of it). When we told her the state of the room she heartfully apologized and upgraded us to a suite! The shower had a sauna style steam setting which was perfect after a very emotional and stressful weekend. We are five hours from home yet i felt right at home thanks to the cozy layout of the room and special perks like the amazing shower. The bed is VERY cozy. Kind of in the middle of hard and soft. i couldn't find dirt or grime or anything to,change my mind that this is a graleat inn. My wife fell asleep only an hour in to being there (6:30 p.m local.) I stayed up watching all the t.v channels they had on the big flat screen.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Stainzz
Beabout222, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks so much for the great review you gave our hotel about your recent stay at our award winning property. We always try to reduce rates for storms, bad weather or accidents on the interstate because we have found that often times, those travelers have not anticipated the cost of a hotel room in those situations. And we always try to upgrade our guests, when we can.

Thanks for being our guest and hopefully you will be able to return sometime again to see us under better circumstances. In the summer our small lake is full of fish and turtles and theres alot to do in our area.

Thanks, Again,

Sharon Beabout

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I did not have reservations and I was on my way home. I have Narcolepsy and I was getting pretty tired and thought it was safe to just get a room for the night. I am a Choice Rewards member and I do like Sleep Inn & Suites, I had heard great things about this place, that is why I decided to stay here. There are also two other Choice hotels close by. Oh it was wonderful. The bed was one of the most comfy beds that I have ever slept in! There is an indoor pool and since this was not a planned stay, we did not have swim suits. I would have loved to take a swim. Terrific breakfast, I was a little sad that they did not have a make your own waffles. It was wonderful none the less, they had real coffee mugs to drink from. I had never seen that before. I have stayed in many places this year and other than the hotel I stayed in at Walt Disney World, this was the best.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ViolaAunt
Thank You so much for your great comments about your recent stay at our award winning hotel.

My staff & I work very hard to earn and keep your loyalty and its always great to get positive feedback.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Booked over a month out, this hotel provides plenty of value without sacrificing quality. The rooms were immaculate and while the high traffic elevator and hallways were in need of a little vacuuming, I could care so much less about that then the conditions of the room. The showers are spacious and the beds soft, crisp and clean. We were looking for a place to frequent on our yearly trek to the in-laws and I think we found it. Staff was pleasant, breakfast was adequate for a Sleep Inn.

Room Tip: Quiet hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Beabout222, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Thank you so much for your favorable comments about our newly renovated Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We started out on a twelve-hour drive with no hotels booked, just planned to go till we got tired and look for a room. We knew the Columbus exit had several convenient hotels so we pulled off there, picked the Sleep Inn because it seemed reasonably priced, went through an easy and friendly checkin, visited the nearby Walmart for a bottle of wine, ordered a pizza, got it, shut the door and decompressed. Clean room, quiet, good price, no problems at all and we would definitely stay there again. Breakfast was better than most, if you just want to pull off the highway, get a good night's sleep and move on this is a top choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thamk You so much for your kind review of our newly remodeled Sleep Inn & Suites.

We appreciate your feedback and your kind comments.

Hope to see you, again, soon, in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have been coming for years.
The new updates look great
But Service has definitely lowered.
When we first came in front desk hekp definitely let me know I was bothering her and her personal call. After I stood a couple minutes and listening to her personal call she lookedat me and and asked "what I needed?"
I wanted to say good help. But I was letting here know I was checking in......
The room was clean but elevator and halls in need of cleaning.
Elevator carpet frayed and dirty.
Hall way in serious need of sweeping.
But room was clean,,,,I was concerned.
Usually pool is very warm, water was cold? What happened???
Will seriouly considering looking back in Nashville for a inn.

To management I suggest you look around at your place. I have been a loyal customer suggesting to several friends that Sleep Inn in Columbus great place to stay to enjoy Nashville. I would not say that right now.????? You better consider checking your help. I came in around 1 :00 to 2:00 Saturday August 28. dark skinned lady. Rude

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Littlestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights in Columbus, touring the architectural wonders of this small town. Picked this motel based on TA reviews. We weren't disappointed. It is clean, well-equipped and friendly. We would glaxly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a softball tourney. Couldn't believe the value price for a King suite! Rooms were updated, clean, spacious, and staff was very welcoming (even considering we had an entire softball team running around) Only area of improvement I can see would be breakfast. Not much variety.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Columbus Hotel
#4 of 9 in Columbus
Hotel Indigo Columbus Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus - Edinburgh

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside? Share your experiences!